“THAT” is too much for Watson...

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
dumbass it doesn't matter. Watson does not want to come here.
Isn't he requesting the trade because Houston didn't include him on a coaching pick? Really think he would enjoy tutaledge under Nagy?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I think that is perfect, suck one year with Pace and Nagy, assuring their exit and you still have 4 more years of him under contract.
With no first round picks to improve the roster and all their money tied up in Khalil Mack and Deshaun Watson. Also its essentially the same people hiring the next coach who hired Matt Nagy, Marc Trestman and John Fox. Also, what good coach is going to want to step into this situation where the team is garbage, the quarterback thinks he's entitled to basically play general manager and if things go wrong that quarterback will probably throw the same fit he threw in Houston and force his way out of town.

The point is to win games. Deshaun Watson does a pretty mediocre job at winning games.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Without the QB, you have nothing.

You got a great CB? Great, doesn’t matter.

You got an All Pro linebacker? Fuck you. No one gives a shit.

No cost is too high, because without a quarterback, you’re a dead team walking.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Without the QByou have nothing.

The Bears current starting quarterback for 2021 won a Super Bowl three years ago.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
dumbass it doesn't matter. Watson does not want to come here.

Says who? Schefter said by far the biggest requirement for a team to get Watson is not being in Houston. He said he’s hearing that Deshaun would go anywhere.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Good luck with that.
I dont disagree. Just saying this idea that the Bears can be god-awful at every position, stuck in cap hell, have some toxic coach and not pick in the top fifty of the draft until 2024 yet still win games because they have Deshaun Watson is preposterous. Newsflash: the guy won four games last year! What about the Bears situation will be so much better than the Texans once the team has no money to spend and draft picks to improve the roster?

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
What veterans would the bears have to cut or trade to fit Watson under the cap? Fuller? Hicks? Whitehair? Would this mean they can't resign Robinson? No first or possibly second to replace any of these players or players possibly moved in the trade for Watson. That is a tough choice and certainly a more complex question than "do you want Watson on the Bears of not?"
Not as much as you think, if they can trade Foles that essentially is a wash.

2022 Bears have massive cap space and Watsons deal finally gets going.

Probably Graham, Massie and Fuller replaced with cheaper options

Rise

Liked Posts:
The hard part is getting Watson and the Texans to say yes. I hope the Bears offer whatever it takes it is the only choice they have if they want to stay employed beyond this year.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Without the QB, you have nothing.

Well I mean the only ones who care about All-Pro LB over All-Pro Qb are Bears ownership since we have had multiple All-Pro LB in my lifetime and still no All-Pro Qb

Applefan

Liked Posts:
You know you are right. The Bears have been so solid without a franchise QB, they should definitely just keep going down the same road.

The isue hasn't always been the qb's all these years. Some of the problem has been the coaching , or lack thereof of the qbs.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Hell no. Get him. Figure that shit out. You want some defensive players? Awesome! Roquan and JJ might be in the convo and although I think highly of both, they have some red flags with injuries (plural).

Think about this. Rams gave up 2 first round picks, 2 second round picks, and some thirds to pick Goff, then they give up two more to get rid of him and acquire Stafford.

3 first round picks for Watson? Sign me up. Set for a damn decade +

As much as I love Roquan, I'd totally do this. Roquan is great, but he's not near as good a ILB as Watson is a QB.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The isue hasn't always been the qb's all these years. Some of the problem has been the coaching , or lack thereof of the qbs.
Well the problem has never not been QB.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
You'd be happy going 4-12 just to get watson that's cute.

I'm not sure how many Bears fans are being honest with themselves and are placing potentially winning their fantasy leagues with Watson above actualy Super Bowl championships.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I'm not sure how many Bears fans are being honest with themselves and are placing potentially winning their fantasy leagues with Watson above actualy Super Bowl championships.

da fuq

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I were the owner I would fire Pace if he traded for Watson. He would be mortgaging many high picks away for a guy he could have just drafted instead of Mitchell.

If I were the owner I also would fire Pace for not trading for Watson. Because he should have Been a Bear instead of Trubisky.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
We`re going nowhere right now so why the fuck not? Hes 25 years old and should have at the very least 5-7 prime years left. Giving up first and second rounders for the first two years is worth the risk because if it pays off you could find yourself in the super bowl.