“THAT” is too much for Watson...

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I do believe we just witnessed that a healthy Deshaun Watson with a bad coach and no talent on the roster has a ceiling of about four wins.

That was with the worst defense in the league though and while you may not think the Bears defense is any good they certainly are nowhere near as bad as the Texans

Montucky

Liked Posts:
That was with the worst defense in the league though and while you may not think the Bears defense is any good they certainly are nowhere near as bad as the Texans
They will be if they cant sign any free agents or have any top fifty draft picks for the next three years.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
They will be if they cant sign any free agents or have any top fifty draft picks for the next three years.
Ok so worst case the D becomes Trestman D for 2-3 years and then you draft the shit out of D and guess what, you have a QB.

Also, worst case not likely. Watson has won many shootouts but they even took away his clutch weapons and WRs injured and he still kept them in games.Sign me up.

Rams continuously mortgage picks and still make playoffs.

Realistically D becomes top15 vs top5 potential and O will skyrocket.

This notion of free agents is comical. His cap got this year is just above Foles’ & Bears have significant space in 2022. Also some free agents mightsign cheaper due to Watson.

Last edited:

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Hell no. Get him. Figure that shit out. You want some defensive players? Awesome! Roquan and JJ might be in the convo and although I think highly of both, they have some red flags with injuries (plural).

Think about this. Rams gave up 2 first round picks, 2 second round picks, and some thirds to pick Goff, then they give up two more to get rid of him and acquire Stafford.

3 first round picks for Watson? Sign me up. Set for a damn decade +
I'd be willing to send them both the Bear emoji and the yawn emoji and I love those things

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Ok so worst case the D becomes Trestman D for 2-3 years and then you draft the shit out of D and guess what, you have a QB
Actually you probably dont have a QB. Because if Deshaun Watson were to come to Chicago win as few games as he did in Houston the uproar would be riotous. Cutler all over again. It would turn sour almost immediately.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I dont disagree. Just saying this idea that the Bears can be god-awful at every position, stuck in cap hell, have some toxic coach and not pick in the top fifty of the draft until 2024 yet still win games because they have Deshaun Watson is preposterous. Newsflash: the guy won four games last year! What about the Bears situation will be so much better than the Texans once the team has no money to spend and draft picks to improve the roster?

The Bears have a much better defense than the Texans I dont even know how you conveniently keep dismissing that fact.

I dont believe Pacer could convince Watson to give up his no trade clause again I just dont think Watson would be that interested in hearing what Pace had to say However lets say he was

There would be a 2 year window for this team in the NFC because of the defensive cap situations and after that you have your picks and you are baking on Mooney and Kmet being long term starters and continuing to build out your offense while being very picky on defense spending .

This whole you cant build a team around shtick that some of you are on is absurd . The Texans hit on Watson but were screwing up long before he came along in the management dept which is why they ended up in their current situation . The Bears would be in much better shape going forward than the texans have ever been since acquiring watson .

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jokes are not allowed, I'm gonna take that seriously.
You think im joking
Hide the pain (Harold), Stickers For WhatsApp

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

but it wouldn't be the next 3 years it would be the next two at which point we are cuttings bait on the defense anyway .

2 season window for the current team that we are locked into ANYWAY

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Actually you probably dont have a QB. Because if Deshaun Watson were to come to Chicago win as few games as he did in Houston the uproar would be riotous. Cutler all over again. It would turn sour almost immediately.

if his stats are identical to last year the fan base will spontaneously combust.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
if his stats are identical to last year the fan base will spontaneously combust.
Dont be this naive. If the wins dont show up immediately the fans and media will be itching to assign blame and eventually that onus will land on Watson. Considering his conduct in Houston I dont think you want to see that play out in Chicago.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Dont be this naive. If the wins dont show up immediately the fans and media will be itching to assign blame and eventually that onus will land on Watson. Considering his conduct in Houston I dont think you want to see that play out in Chicago.

Yeah if Watson is out there playing his ass off and breaking every bears single season passing record if we lose all the fans will blame him ?

At this point youve got nothing and seem to just be making stuff up.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Yeah if Watson is out there playing his ass off and breaking every bears single season passing record if we lose all the fans will blame him ?

At this point youve got nothing and seem to just be making stuff up.
Are you too young to remember Jay Cutler breaking every Bears passing record and getting absolutely shat on constantly by the media and fans?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I do believe we just witnessed that a healthy Deshaun Watson with a bad coach and no talent on the roster has a ceiling of about four wins.

I believe we saw that this Bears team is a lot better than this Texans team.

Didn’t the Bears kick the shit out of the Texans up and down the field?

Now put Watson on the Bears instead of Trubisky.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I believe we saw that this Bears team is a lot better than this Texans team.

Didn’t the Bears kick the shit out of the Texans up and down the field?

Now put Watson on the Bears instead of Trubisky.
The shitty Bears that couldn't hold a twenty point lead against the Lions the week before?

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Are you too young to remember Jay Cutler breaking every Bears passing record and getting absolutely shat on constantly by the media and fans?

Jay Cutler is nothing like Watson thats your first mistake .

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The shitty Bears that couldn't hold a twenty point lead against the Lions the week before?

Yes. Now you see how even as shitty as the Bears can be, they weren’t nearly as shitty this year as the Texans.

So to say an 8-8 Bears team with still a pretty good defense will suddenly go 4-12 if they get Deshaun Watson and become a mirror image of Houston doesn’t have a lot of basis in evidence.