“THAT” is too much for Watson...

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is the difference between 8-9 with a “go awful quarterback” and 5-12 with a future hall of famer?
The only reason I don’t want to trade away next years # 1 is because it will probably be a high draft pick and something that we could use to up grade a o lineman or defense.
For one they’ll probably be closer 8-9/9-8 with Watson. For two long term you have a HOF caliber QB. For three if they didn’t make the trade and had a high 1 next year why would you want to go OL/D? If you don’t have a QB and you’re picking top 10 or 5 you better take a QB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They will be if they cant sign any free agents or have any top fifty draft picks for the next three years.

How many good/great defensive players do you think i can name that were drafted after #50? I'm thinking it'll be such a big list that you won't bother finishing it.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The deal gives up 4 picks and 2 players, you do know that they allow teams to add FA's and draft others to fill such spots, correct?
So you give up two top draft choices, 2 starters, and then have no money to sign good FAs, because of Watson’s contract.
Unless Pace hits like never before in the mid and low rounds, we’d be JLL...just like Lions.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Their best player, arguably the best player in the league, was literally a first round pick of the Rams.

Are you trying to steal my CCS' biggest villain title? If you are i won't let it go away easily.
:coleman:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
For one they’ll probably be closer 8-9/9-8 with Watson. For two long term you have a HOF caliber QB. For three if they didn’t make the trade and had a high 1 next year why would you want to go OL/D? If you don’t have a QB and you’re picking top 10 or 5 you better take a QB.
I don’t want to trade next years #1 for Watson. I got no problem trading for Watson but let’s not screw our selves right off the bat.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As fans I understand that we hate giving up draft picks (especially first rounders), but you also have to realize that Ryan Pace is almost completely useless in the first round. Outside of Roquan, his body of work is shameful in the first.

And since the McCaskey's seem to be stuck on retaining Pace, fuck it. Send the picks and acquire a talent at QB that the Bears have never had. It's time to stop trying the same ole shit the Bears have done for years that has led to complete mediocrity.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yeah Leo, good thinking. That #1 next year could be the next Kevin White! Or the Bears could finally have a QB worth a shit.
I think in positives. Too much negativity in this world. Plus even with Watson....I don’t expect Pace nor Nagy to be around after this season.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So you give up two top draft choices, 2 starters, and then have no money to sign good FAs, because of Watson’s contract.
Unless Pace hits like never before in the mid and low rounds, we’d be JLL...just like Lions.
AsI said in a similar post earlier, you don't understand Watson's contract and you are posting from a position of salary cap ignorance.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
People interpreted the Trestman era as you can’t build around offense and ignore defense completely or be terrible on that end. The truth is you actually can, you just can’t have Jay cutler as QB. And nobody is suggesting the Bears “ignore” defense but even if the first year or two the defense struggles with Watson the offense can still carry the Bears far.

The Packers and Seahawks defenses are not good. The Bucs is inconsistent. The titans play no defense.

If you have a QB you have a chance any year even with no defense.
The Packers and Seahawks got bounced. The Bucs have an extremely underrated defense (well it shouldn't be underrated anymore). Even the Chiefs didn't go on this run until they got Frank Clark and Tyrann Mathieu to shore up their defensive issues. Can't win without defense in the NFL, it keeps getting proven year in year out.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
People complaining about giving away the players and draft picks are being very shortsighted. Would losing all those assets hurt in the next 2-3 years? Yes. Would having the QB position solved help the rest of the team for the next decade? Yes.

Also people acting like giving up giving up two 1s and 2s plus JJ/Roquan would turn us into 4-13 team are wrong. This team was 8-8 last year with god awful QB play. IMO the gains on on O would at the very least offset the regression on D. So you may have a couple years of mediocrity with Watson, big deal he’ll be here for 10+ years!!
He wont tolerate being mediocre on the Bears and frankly neither will the fans. You are asking for a level of perspective that simply does not exist for this team, or really any NFL team.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Without the QB, you have nothing.

You got a great CB? Great, doesn’t matter.

You got an All Pro linebacker? Fuck you. No one gives a shit.

No cost is too high, because without a quarterback, you’re a dead team walking.
Completely disagree. It’s a balance. If you have the team, but no QB, you lose. But the reverse is also true.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hell no. Get him. Figure that shit out. You want some defensive players? Awesome! Roquan and JJ might be in the convo and although I think highly of both, they have some red flags with injuries (plural).

Think about this. Rams gave up 2 first round picks, 2 second round picks, and some thirds to pick Goff, then they give up two more to get rid of him and acquire Stafford.

3 first round picks for Watson? Sign me up. Set for a damn decade +
That's what Houston thought.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
That's what Houston thought.

I think he meant at the quarterback position.

I don't think anyone's arguing that the quarterback can do everything on his own, just that it's the most important piece that's also the most difficult to get. I think most acknowledge that, yes, giving up picks is going to make your job harder in terms of surrounding the quarterback with talent, but that it would be worth it to have the best and most-difficult-to-find piece.

For the most part, the Bears have never had an issue finding talented corners and linebackers and running backs, etc. There's only one position they've had decades of futility with.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Haha, alright bears fans. Those of you not wanting to go aggressive to get Watson...

What is your fix? Jameis Winston? QB 3/4 on the board in this draft?

How many years does Akiem have left? What about the injuries you have seen on the defensive side for JJ and Roquan?

How did Bellichek look without Brady?

How did this stacked Packers team look without Rodgers for a game?

Consider this also. The number of teams offering multiple ones will probably be close to 25+.

Why? Because most teams have been a poverty franchise without QBs.

We can make this even more fun:

Which of these 1st and 2nd round picks are not worthy of letting go for Watson, let alone picking 20+ in the first round?

Kyle Long more important? Did you like Shea McLellan and Adam Shaheen?

Massive fans of Kevin White and Ego Furgeson?

Those four picks already are in the convo for Watson.

The one thing Pace has done well is draft day 3 guys.

I for one am done with mediocrity and you should be too. Your value on draft picks vs an absolute game changer is mind boggling.

Last edited: