🏈🏈🏈OFFIFAIL🏈🏈🏈 2024 SEASON ALL AROUND THE NFL IGT (WEEK SEVEN)

Pez68

Fire Waldron
Liked Posts:
Won't see many worse interceptions than that one. Lol

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
img_1_1728497305461.jpg

Where there is smoke, there is fire?

Canth

Liked Posts:
Where there is smoke, there is fire?

Maybe? But do the Steelers really have many other options at WR? Honestly, I could see them making the QB switch to Wilson and see if the situation changes before they jettison Pickens.

And on the Chiefs side of it, there is a potential need and they have rolled the dice on character issues before but I don't think they have ever done it mid season. So, it would definitely be an even bigger risk than normal as you have not had an offseason to work together.

Also, as Bears fans know, it's generally a bad idea to trade for a Steelers receiver. It's rare for them to have the same or better production after the Steelers.

Szlachcic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Pickens was alway a headcase, even in his days as GA Bulldog..

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Jaguars flight to London is delayed. For a team that plays there every year, they should have the logistics down by now. None of their leadership team thought the hurricane might impact them? Also, leaving on Thursday is not the best idea in the first place. It does take some time to equalize after the trip over.

They’ve won some games in London but typically they play two in a row and have a huge advantage in the second game they play against an opponent that is not as well acclimated to the time change.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
While this is true the Dallas D was missing it's best players. This was a game that the Pitt O should have carried more of the load.
Daniels and Fautanu both on IR. Does that balance it out?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Daniels and Fautanu both on IR. Does that balance it out?
Not completely. Parsons and Lawrence are far more important to the D than Daniels and Fautanu are to Pitts O. You are talking 2 Pro Bowl DL vs a solid OL and a rookie still trying to find his feet. Combined their replacements gave up like 3 pressures.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not completely. Parsons and Lawrence are far more important to the D than Daniels and Fautanu are to Pitts O. You are talking 2 Pro Bowl DL vs a solid OL and a rookie still trying to find his feet. Combined their replacements gave up like 3 pressures.
Correction— Parsons is All-Pro. (Just practicing my pedantry degree)

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So having 3 starters on IR on oline, no Patterson, and most importantly, no Warren means nothing and Pittsburgh should just march down the field with zero resistance from the poor, talentless Dallas defense?

Ok, that was a little over the top, but let's just say A) Pittsburgh's offense isn't very good B) they are missing 3 starters on the oline that wasn't very good to start with. Unless you believe Daniels PFF rating. That would definitely make him more important.

Point is both teams weren't at full strength. One of the already had struggles running the ball.

I would say Dallas caught a break.

Last edited:

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have the 49ers vs Seahawks game on in the background. Man Al Michaels is not looking like he's feeling well. His face has the look of someone who's in a lot of pain. Dude is almost 80, so it's to be expected, but I was surprised.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And George Kittle looks straight out of Braveheart.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So having 3 starters on IR on oline, no Patterson, and most importantly, no Warren means nothing and Pittsburgh should just march down the field with zero resistance from the poor, talentless Dallas defense?

Ok, that was a little over the top, but let's just say A) Pittsburgh's offense isn't very good B) they are missing 3 starters on the oline that wasn't very good to start with. Unless you believe Daniels PFF rating. That would definitely make him more important.

Point is both teams weren't at full strength. One of the already had struggles running the ball.

I would say Dallas caught a break.

Except I already pointed out the OL replacements didn't really give up a significant amount of pressure. Like yes in theory it could have been a problem. In reality it wasn't.

They should score more than 17 points. Yall really have a low bar for Fields.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except I already pointed out the OL replacements didn't really give up a significant amount of pressure. Like yes in theory it could have been a problem. In reality it wasn't.

They should score more than 17 points. Yall really have a low bar for Fields.
Got nothing to do with Fields. I didn't say except for Fields. I said the offense was bad, even before the injuries. That should be taken as including Fields but it lets me know your perspective.

Again Dallas is ranked 15th in Defense 13th against the rush. Pittsburgh is 19th in offense. They can't run the ball so that leaves Fields passing.

How does this imply they should play better against Dallas when we both agree they are bad? Dallas without Lawrence and Parsons should be able to stop them right?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Got nothing to do with Fields. I didn't say except for Fields. I said the offense was bad, even before the injuries. That should be taken as including Fields but it lets me know your perspective.

Again Dallas is ranked 15th in Defense 13th against the rush. Pittsburgh is 19th in offense. They can't run the ball so that leaves Fields passing.

How does this imply they should play better against Dallas when we both agree they are bad? Dallas without Lawrence and Parsons should be able to stop them right?
Dallas is significantly worse on D without Parsons and Lawrence. By contrast the Steelers are not significantly worse on offense without Daniels and TF.

You ask any NFL coach whether Parsons and Lawrence are bigger losses than Daniels and TF they would say yes.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Players ruled out for Sunday include Derek Carr, Taysom Hill, Cesar Ruiz, Pete Werner, Kamari Lassiter, Jimmie Ward, Robert Woods, Rhamondre Stevenson, Jonathan Taylor, Jamal Adams, Nick Chubb, Grant Delpit, Ethan Pocic, Devonte Wyatt, Zay Jones, Darius Robinson, Austin Corbett, Josey Jewell, Taylor Moton, Tommy Tremble, Micah Parsons, Eric Kendricks, Josh Reynolds, Gus Edwards, Nick Herbig, Alex Highsmith, Cordarrelle Patterson, Davante Adams, Michael Mayer, Malik Nabers.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Players ruled out for Sunday include Derek Carr, Taysom Hill, Cesar Ruiz, Pete Werner, Kamari Lassiter, Jimmie Ward, Robert Woods, Rhamondre Stevenson, Jonathan Taylor, Jamal Adams, Nick Chubb, Grant Delpit, Ethan Pocic, Devonte Wyatt, Zay Jones, Darius Robinson, Austin Corbett, Josey Jewell, Taylor Moton, Tommy Tremble, Micah Parsons, Eric Kendricks, Josh Reynolds, Gus Edwards, Nick Herbig, Alex Highsmith, Cordarrelle Patterson, Davante Adams, Michael Mayer, Malik Nabers.
I believe Michael Mayer entered rehab from what I’m hearing.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dallas is significantly worse on D without Parsons and Lawrence. By contrast the Steelers are not significantly worse on offense without Daniels and TF.

You ask any NFL coach whether Parsons and Lawrence are bigger losses than Daniels and TF they would say yes.
What you seem to be missing is that diminished Dallas is still better than a diminished Pittsburgh.