🏈🏈🏈OFFIFAIL🏈🏈🏈 2024 SEASON ALL AROUND THE NFL IGT (WEEK SEVEN)

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So the Steelers offense should plan on the Steelers defense holding the opposing offense to the least amount of points they have scored the entire season so far? The Steelers should not have expected to win a game they only put up 17 points.
No, no one should plan to play that way. You should have an Offense run out the clock to prevent the other team from scoring a GW drive. You should have a defense stop a GW TD drive. Maybe one day CCS will understand that this is a Team Game.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
No, no one should plan to play that way. You should have an Offense run out the clock to prevent the other team from scoring a GW drive. You should have a defense stop a GW TD drive. Maybe one day CCS will understand that this is a Team Game.
The offense has to put up more than 17 points. When the Bears play Washington in about 2 weeks, I would not expect the Bears to win unless they put up 25 plus points.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

While this is true the Dallas D was missing it's best players. This was a game that the Pitt O should have carried more of the load.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
And the offense was going against a Dallas defense devoid of their best players. They should have done more to carry the team to prevent the defense from having to try to lock down one of the best offenses in the league to win, at home no less. They turned Dak over three times as well.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And the offense was going against a Dallas defense devoid of their best players. They should have done more to carry the team to prevent the defense from having to try to lock down one of the best offenses in the league to win, at home no less. They turned Dak over three times as well.

Yes correct. But did the Pittsburgh defense have the chance to stop a GW TD drive regardless of how well they played during the game? You think Tomlin or TJ Watt think they deserve a pass for giving up the go-ahead score? lol no. They got punched in the mouth when the game was on the line. End of story.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Yes correct. But did the Pittsburgh defense have the chance to stop a GW TD drive regardless of how well they played during the game? You think Tomlin or TJ Watt think they deserve a pass for giving up the go-ahead score? lol no. They got punched in the mouth when the game was on the line. End of story.
Your "it's a team game" comment goes both ways. If the offense had carried more of the load, which they should have, the defense wouldn't have been in that position. We're both right, really.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Your "it's a team game" comment goes both ways. If the offense had carried more of the load, which they should have, the defense wouldn't have been in that position. We're both right, really.
Yes. I’ve prior stated that. But after watching that slop fest, I’m pretty sure that Wilson will be magically healed and starting very soon.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Steelers D lost the game....after the offense had the lead Sham

They did give up the lead at the end there but they played a hell of a game for most of it. Steelers offense needs some work if they are going to contend.

Yes the offense needs to improve. At the same time, JF did put them ahead ( shuttle pass) with a less than 2 minutes to go.

The offense should put up more than 17 points. The Steelers defense held Dallas to 20 points--which is only one point higher than the lowest amount the Dallas offense has scored all season. The Steelers defense did its job. Going into this game the Steelers had to score over 20 points to win this thing and they did not.

Respectfully.....what the Steelers defense did throughout the season has nothing to do with them not playing a full 60 minutes vs Dallas. The offense gave the Steelers defense a lead with less than a minute and a half left and the Steelers defense didn't hold the lead.
We can't get around that fact. So no.... in the Dallas game....... 'The Steelers defense did NOT do its job.'

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The D played fairly well overall but the offense put the D in position of having to make one final stop to win.

The offense scored 17 and couldn’t run out the clock.

Seems familiar. Except in all the previous instances there was no praise for the offense.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yes the offense needs to improve. At the same time, JF did put them ahead ( shuttle pass) with a less than 2 minutes to go.

Respectfully.....what the Steelers defense did throughout the season has nothing to do with them not playing a full 60 minutes vs Dallas. The offense gave the Steelers defense a lead with less than a minute and a half left and the Steelers defense didn't hold the lead.
We can't get around that fact. So no.... in the Dallas game....... 'The Steelers defense did NOT do its job.'
The Steelers took the lead with 4:56 remaining.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

run and shoot said:

Ok so the D came right back and gave up the 4 qrt lead

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The Steelers defense played well most of the game up until the last min. Where the Steelers offense stunk up most of the game with only 10 pts in 3 3/4 qtrs of the game with Fields only127 passing yards. I gotta i agree with TL on this one. I think more of it falls on the Steelers offense.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Steelers defense played well most of the game up until the last min. Where the Steelers offense stunk up most of the game with only 10 pts in 3 3/4 qtrs of the game with Fields only127 passing yards. I gotta i agree with TL on this one. I think more of it falls on the Steelers offense.
The Steelers offense has scored more than 20 points once in 5 games.

18, 13. 20, 24, 20.

And was credited with those three early wins. 😳

Canth

Liked Posts:
I think it's fair to argue that the Steelers offense should have done more earlier in the game and never put the Steelers in that position at the end of the game.

However, late in the 4th quarter when it matters the most, the Steelers offense scored a go ahead TD and took 5:30 min off the clock on that drive. So, they gave the team a lead when it mattered and the drive burned clock, giving the defense a rest.

If you want to be a great defense, you have to close that game out and get the stop on Dallas there to end the game. The game was on the line, it was in their hands, and they didn't make the stop. They didn't even force a 4th down until the 4th and goal and that was only because of the crazy dive, effort, luck on the 2nd down with the forced fumble.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Think this is fairly simple.

The D gave up 20 to a team that averages 23.4 and had a top 10 QB and top 5 WR.

The O scored 17 against a D that gives up 24.2 and was actually worse than that as it was missing Parsons and Lawrence.

The O simply has to do more in that scenario. There is no excuse for scoring 7 points less what that D normally gives up.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

In the waning minutes....the Steelers defense gave up the lead.

Look at the time of DALLAS’ go-ahead score?
Why?

I was correcting your post that said Fields put the Steelers ahead with under 2 minutes remaining.

It was 4:56. That’s all.

the Steelers defense gave up the lead in the later moments of the 4 qrt.

I don't get why some ppl are avoid this

Last edited: