1 year in - Who is Mitchell Trubisky Comparasion?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes I watch a lot of football.
Take a look at the way Byron stays in the pocket. Passes are right on the money. This was also a PRESEASON game.

Now, do I think Mitch will have a better career than Byron. Yes. But from what I see right now, that is the best first season comparison out there

https://youtu.be/lGlF2wWmvG4

Pete,

No offense but that is the worst player comp in the history of comps. They are complete opposites as quarterbacks in every aspect.

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Tyrod Taylor?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes I watch a lot of football.
Take a look at the way Byron stays in the pocket. Passes are right on the money. This was also a PRESEASON game.

Now, do I think Mitch will have a better career than Byron. Yes. But from what I see right now, that is the best first season comparison out there

https://youtu.be/lGlF2wWmvG4

Lol. Bryon was never accurate. Just stop.
Reminds me of Romo but has a long way to prove he's worthy of a pro bowl let alone someone that was successful as Romo was

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Somewhere between a consistent top 12 QB year to year and one of the best to ever play the game? And then Rivers, a borderline HOFer.

Wow.

Style of play but you go gurl. would it be better to be someone you hardly know? Alex Smith but not as stiff or conservative which translates into something like AR in style not in quality. Rivers partially because he's got just a hair of that push throw thing.

Tell me, who does Watson compare to.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Style of play but you go gurl. would it be better to be someone you hardly know? Alex Smith but not as stiff or conservative which translates into something like AR in style not in quality. Rivers partially because he's got just a hair of that push throw thing.

Tell me, who does Watson compare to.

Where did you get style from? Why would the one-year mark be significant to his style? The OP used stats to make his comparison. I have no idea what would cause people to think he was talking about style rather than career trajectory/progress.

If he did mean style, I have idea why he thought stats or accomplishments were relevant to that.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Like I said earlier, they are all unique but somehow Bearmick missed that.

I hate to break this to you, and to others, but guys like bearmick (and Midway Mitch/Hometown Jimmy) are some of the best posters around here about the QB position.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I hate to break this to you, and to others, but guys like bearmick (and Midway Mitch/Hometown Jimmy) are some of the best posters around here about the QB position.

Wasn't Bearmick the biggest Grossman fan? Can't remember

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Where did you get style from? Why would the one-year mark be significant to his style? The OP used stats to make his comparison. I have no idea what would cause people to think he was talking about style rather than career trajectory/progress.

If he did mean style, I have idea why he thought stats or accomplishments were relevant to that.
and I disagreed with the OP. WTF.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Wasn't Bearmick the biggest Grossman fan? Can't remember

Couldn't tell you, but he was the first to trash Cutler and despite whatever one may think, to suggest that Trubisky outplayed Watson last year is a fool's errand.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Leftwich comparisons? He was a classic pocket passer, but a Manning/Marino when it came to scrambling. Mitch is way more athletic than Leftwich. Gets rid of the ball faster too, as one poster already pointed out.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Couldn't tell you, but he was the first to trash Cutler and despite whatever one may think, to suggest that Trubisky outplayed Watson last year is a fool's errand.

If anyone truly believes Trubisky outplayed Watson then they need to be Despbro banned.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I suspect he'll turn out more productive sooner than Alex. Smith never much liked the long ball and had stats without as much influence on the game as he should have. I expect Mitch to not shy from going downfield unless the coaches/scheme restrict him like last year. Why I said somewhere between him and Rodgers as I don't expect him or any young player to become Rodgers.

The thing with Alex Smith is that he can throw it over the defense or in front of the defense, but he can’t throw it in between the defense. The Chiefs pretty much eliminated all those intermediate reads because Smith just doesn’t have the confidence to make them. They used speed to clear out the short game for him, and they used that short game to clear out the deep shots for him. There was nothing in between. Trubisky has the arm and accuracy to hit those intermediate tight windows in between defenders. It’s a strength of his game. So I don’t see them as comparable players.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The last QB Bearmick liked this much was Kaepernick.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The last QB Bearmick liked this much was Kaepernick.

NFL all time lowest interception percentage.

1. Aaron Rodgers 1.6%
2. Colin Kaepernick 1.8%
T2. Tom Brady 1.8%

He wasn't the best but better than a lot of guys out there.

How would we feel if after his second year as a starter Trubisky has a TD to INT ratio of 31 to 11? I would say he exceeded expectations. That would mean Mitch would go 24 TD's and 4 Int's in 2018, I could live with that.