12/28 Blackhawks @ Blues 7pm Comcast GDT

R K

Turco made some glorious saves yesterday, but at least one goal should have been stopped.

With an awful effort like last night, OK performances have a tendency to look great by comparison.

No body wearing the Indian head looked great last night.

There were a COUPLE of Hawks that had OK games. Turco was probably in that group considering the amount of shots he faced.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Turco ranked 28th in league, Crawford 22nd

NHL Stats

While Crawford continues to make me eat crow, I have been disappointed in Turco.

Scaringly our depth behind these two is horrendous.

...in wins.

Mind you, Turco's stats are not mind blowing, but point has been made that the team in front of him is shitting the bed.

I'd like to see the stats when the team is shorthanded, since the PK is not very good so far this season.

[edit] The next question I have is:

How many NHL teams are 3 netminders deep? Realistically?

I ask because the Pens have a situation right now in which John Curry (who?) is backing up Fleury tonight because Johnson is out with the flu.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just really think that the issue is not whether or not Turco or Crawford can steal games, but how the skaters are playing in front of them.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Turco made some glorious saves yesterday, but at least one goal should have been stopped.

With an awful effort like last night, OK performances have a tendency to look great by comparison.

Exactly and who said Turco sucks?

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly and who said Turco sucks?

He doesn't suck. At least I don't think he does.

But he hasn't played as well as Crawford.

He played good last night, not great.

He deserves to be the backup goalie, there's no debating that.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
Probably!?

He played an OK game?

He was good, not great?

Deserves to be a backup?

Turco kept his team in the game for a helluva lot longer thrn they deserved and now there's going to be handwrining about a tipped shot or the 3rd Blues goal which was academic at that point?

I suppose everybody forgot how he bailed out the team against Columbus in the 1st when their offensive superstars continually got behind the D.

Where are all the posts from Summer when it was said, "Playing behind the Hawks D....blah blah blah"? I bet Marty is wondering just where the fuck this vaunted Hawks D has been. I am.

I suppose most of you think Loungo carried Canada on his back and blame Ryan Miller for losing the Gold Medal game too.

What a fucking joke.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He doesn't suck. At least I don't think he does.

But he hasn't played as well as Crawford.

He played good last night, not great.

He deserves to be the backup goalie, there's no debating that.

Agree

E Runs

Liked Posts:
How about the skaters bail their goalie out!?

How about Brian "Gretzky" Bickell throwing a hit!?

How about Hossa showing a pulse!?

How winning a faceoff!?

How about Kane burrying the breakaway!? The one his goalie sent him on!?

Instead this thread devolves into goalie talk.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

How winning a faceoff!?

+1000.

R K

How winning a faceoff!?

Relax. He was not a super star yesterday. He made some great saves. He also let in some "SOFT" goals. If you asked turco I'd bet you money he'd agree.

No one was slamming him, just questioning how he has a great game yet no one else does. I agree with them 100%.

Sorry I brought it up jesus fucking christ!

R K

Probably!?

He played an OK game?

He was good, not great?

Deserves to be a backup?

Turco kept his team in the game for a helluva lot longer thrn they deserved and now there's going to be handwrining about a tipped shot or the 3rd Blues goal which was academic at that point?

I suppose everybody forgot how he bailed out the team against Columbus in the 1st when their offensive superstars continually got behind the D.

Where are all the posts from Summer when it was said, "Playing behind the Hawks D....blah blah blah"? I bet Marty is wondering just where the fuck this vaunted Hawks D has been. I am.

I suppose most of you think Loungo carried Canada on his back and blame Ryan Miller for losing the Gold Medal game too.

What a fucking joke.

And since you bring up Louongo he absolutely STOLE the fucking game here in Chicago against us last time. I have not seen that ONCE from TURCO. ALL YEAR!!!

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good go over and stroke him off too.

Better than reading your inane posts day in and day out.

Isn't Fluff posting somewhere?

Better go have the last word.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well we read yours. One good turn deserves another.

Yup.

grouphug.gif

R K

Better than reading your inane posts day in and day out.

Isn't Fluff posting somewhere?

Better go have the last word.

I thought I'd stick around and let you eventually whine about ICEHOGFAN.....

Better stuff that way. Least I don't get along with a complete idiot.

<and I wouldn't have had the last word you edited more in after the fact>

<

E Runs

Liked Posts:
In the immortal words on pmxc I'm relaxed.

I suppose those early wins in the season Q described as "goalie wins" don't count.

Whatever, game's over. I'm turning the page.

I'm still more concerened about the complete lack of response to the Captain being knocked out of the game more than anything else that's happen all year.

5Minutes4Fighting

Liked Posts:
Only thing i have to say is Turks was AMAZING last night. A spectacular performance for sure.

Oh, and Kopey cannot play center.

One more thing, the hit on Tazer was not dirty, was not a head shot, and was not even a penalty. Toews fell awkwardly. It happens.

Under Q Hawks play disciplined hockey, and i'm sure are preached to daily about not taking stupid and retaliatory penalties. And before a game vs the Blues, the message of don't get involved in little bitch scrums gets hammered home in stereo. If Q wanted someones' head taken off for a dirty hit, i'm sure that message would have been sent and responded to.

Finally, Turco should never be compared to Huet. Period. And if you volunteered yourself for slurping duty in the famous Fellatio-for-Cristobal thread a few months ago, you have no business talking about goaltending anyway.

BTW short memories, don't forget that Turco fed Kaner on a break with an incredible pass that almost gave the Hawks the lead, even though they should have been losing about 6-0 at that point.

-5Minutes

R K

Only thing i have to say is Turks was AMAZING last night. A spectacular performance for sure.

Oh, and Kopey cannot play center.

One more thing, the hit on Tazer was not dirty, was not a head shot, and was not even a penalty. Toews fell awkwardly. It happens.

HE DIDN'T HAVE THE PUCK!

Under Q Hawks play disciplined hockey, and i'm sure are preached to daily about not taking stupid and retaliatory penalties. And before a game vs the Blues, the message of don't get involved in little bitch scrums gets hammered home in stereo. If Q wanted someones' head taken off for a dirty hit, i'm sure that message would have been sent and responded to.

Finally, Turco should never be compared to Huet. Period. And if you volunteered yourself for slurping duty in the famous Fellatio-for-Cristobal thread a few months ago, you have no business talking about goaltending anyway.

Funny the team plays similar in front of them. Wonder how that works.

BTW short memories, don't forget that Turco fed Kaner on a break with an incredible pass that almost gave the Hawks the lead, even though they should have been losing about 6-0 at that point.

-5Minutes