12/28 Blackhawks @ Blues 7pm Comcast GDT

R K

I can't blame Turco for anything in this loss. He kept it from being a complete blowout.

This one falls solely on the guys in front of him.

At some point your goalie will need to win games. Turco has yet to win a game by his play.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
At some point your goalie will need to win games. Turco has yet to win a game by his play.

False.

The 2-1 SO win against Vancouver.

He was solid all game.

R K

False.

The 2-1 SO win against Vancouver.

He was solid all game.

LOL

I stand corrected he won ONE game by playing his head off.

He's starting tomorrow night and I wasn't blaming him for last night. Just saying goals #2 and #3 were both kind of soft IMO. Goal ##1 was pretty goofy too.

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
I disagree and if you look in the videos you posted Boynton had a clear lane to keep on going. He chose to send the puck back there to the land of no one, without looking.

You are most definitely justifying to because Seabrook did something similar. It was a poor choice by boynton that ended up in the back of the net.

Boynton pass was just a dumb play on his part. No justifying it. In your own end you have to make damm sure of where you're passing the puck.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL

I stand corrected he won ONE game by playing his head off.

He's starting tomorrow night and I wasn't blaming him for last night. Just saying goals #2 and #3 were both kind of soft IMO. Goal ##1 was pretty goofy too.

You wanted an example, so I gave you one.

drinkingcheers.gif

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:

One small thing RK. I will agree your goalie can steal a game for you, but you're still going to have to at least put some pressure on the opposing team and not constantly be on the defensive.

Honestly, how much real pressure did the Hawks put on when they had the puck in the Blues zone? How many really tough saved did Conklin have to make....even on the power plays the Hawks had???

R K

Oh I agree but I watched a very similar game between the Wings and Kings and the Kings goalie just flat out stood on his head. I don't remember that from turco yet. I do think he's capable of it though.

Team played like ass, no argument from me at all. I was just throwing it out there.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't ask for an example. You need a reading lesson.

<

Laugh all you want.

Those close seats have you seeing things that don't happen.

I suggest you sit back a bit, or actually pay attention to the games you pay to see.

snowman.gif
jumpyellow.gif
jason.gif
afro.gif
studyinggray.gif
drinkingcheers.gif
beavisbutthead.gif
threadjacked.gif
apu.gif
banplz.gif

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
Oh I agree but I watched a very similar game between the Wings and Kings and the Kings goalie just flat out stood on his head. I don't remember that from turco yet. I do think he's capable of it though.

Team played like ass, no argument from me at all. I was just throwing it out there.

No, I don't know if Turco has had that kind of game yet either.

It just totally pisses me off the way the team played. Even before Toews got hurt the Blues were carrying the play.

Hawks needed to match their intensity and they didn't. That's what annoys the hell out of me.

R K

Laugh all you want.

Those close seats have you seeing things that don't happen.

I suggest you sit back a bit, or actually pay attention to the games you pay to see.

snowman.gif
jumpyellow.gif
jason.gif
afro.gif
studyinggray.gif
drinkingcheers.gif
beavisbutthead.gif
threadjacked.gif
apu.gif
banplz.gif

Maybe you should go to more games..... So you know what your watching.

Just like Huet, the team appears to play different in front of Turco.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe you should go to more games..... So you know what your watching.

Just like Huet, the team appears to play different in front of Turco.

Which is an interesting conundrum.

The way the post lockout rules have benefitted offense, goalies stealing games have been on the decline. We're just privy to an interesting anomaly the other night versus Detroit (Quick).

Then he helps shut down Vancouver.

I still think it comes down to puck control, and allowing Turco/insert goaltender time to breathe.

The Hawks just could not gain offensive zone puck control to allow the D/backchecking to rest.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Boom! Put that up in lights!

I am glad to see someone else feels the way I do about his play.

Even last night some in here talked of him standing on his head.

Umm, we f'ng lost... HELLO? Pretty sad when we lose 3-1 and yet others think he played great.

Sorry but playing great would have given us a win. I can agree with the weak effort from the

rest of the team but please don't say that Turco stood on his head because others played so bad.

R K

I don't think he stood on his head either. I think all three goals were soft compared to some of the crazy saves he made.

Like Huet he makes a great save, followed by a questionable goal. It by no means gives the team slack for playing like shit. Just a fact.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Turco ranked 28th in league, Crawford 22nd

NHL Stats

While Crawford continues to make me eat crow, I have been disappointed in Turco.

Scaringly our depth behind these two is horrendous.

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
Boom! Put that up in lights!

I am glad to see someone else feels the way I do about his play.

Even last night some in here talked of him standing on his head.

Umm, we f'ng lost... HELLO? Pretty sad when we lose 3-1 and yet others think he played great.

Sorry but playing great would have given us a win. I can agree with the weak effort from the

rest of the team but please don't say that Turco stood on his head because others played so bad.

Yep, he sucks....he only stopped 40 shots.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It takes more to win than just the netminder, and IMHO, only the 1st goal could really have been called soft (#2 looked like a deflection and #3 was inches away from Save of the Year).

This game was a complete regression. Q said it best--we were being too cutesy. Even before Toews went down, We were back to takeing forever to clear the zone, coughing the puck up, and looking for the perfect goal rather than scoring by any means necessary.

You can say Turco hasn't stolen games for us, or not many games for us, but the skaters have to give the goalie a game to steal. Even with Toews out, if the only guy who pots one is Dowell, it certianly says something about what the rest of the skaters--including the core from last years potent offense, are contributing to the game.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think he stood on his head either. I think all three goals were soft compared to some of the crazy saves he made.

Like Huet he makes a great save, followed by a questionable goal. It by no means gives the team slack for playing like shit. Just a fact.

Turco made some glorious saves yesterday, but at least one goal should have been stopped.

With an awful effort like last night, OK performances have a tendency to look great by comparison.

R K

It takes more to win than just the netminder, and IMHO, only the 1st goal could really have been called soft (#2 looked like a deflection and #3 was inches away from Save of the Year).

This game was a complete regression. Q said it best--we were being too cutesy. Even before Toews went down, We were back to takeing forever to clear the zone, coughing the puck up, and looking for the perfect goal rather than scoring by any means necessary.

You can say Turco hasn't stolen games for us, or not many games for us, but the skaters have to give the goalie a game to steal. Even with Toews out, if the only guy who pots one is Dowell, it certianly says something about what the rest of the skaters--including the core from last years potent offense, are contributing to the game.

I buy that too. Had Turco stood on his head we would have won the game. At times he was great no doubt. At other times he let goals go in that would not have been great saves.

Your post sums it up. I almost didn't say anything because again I am in no way bashing Turco, or even trying too.