12/28 Blackhawks @ Blues 7pm Comcast GDT

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And that's EXACTLY my point, Ron. If anyone was gonna make someone pay, it should be Scott.....and he did NOTHING....

I don't give a crap if he wasn't on the ice when D-whatever-his-name was. Next time he goes out there, he MUST level one of THEIR stars....

The long fight against Janssen at the start of the game probably took a lot out of Scott, though he was effective in drawing Jannsen into another penalty and, after the whistle, put Brewer on his ass in the paint in front of Conklin, and generally getting under the skin of the Blues players.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did Eruns really break oot the Tessier?

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was a cheap, dirty hit by dagostini. Toews no longer had the puck. Why the NHL official did not call anything on another of the NHL Star players if a fucking mystery. Colin Campbell should be fired and both officials last night reprimanded.

There was another hit later in the game on Keith, clearly boarding, again no fucking call. He retaliated shortly after and he got a penalty.

Keith had his stick up high (in a form of defense), and was called for high sticking.

R K

Keith had his stick up high (in a form of defense), and was called for high sticking.

He was clearly retaliating from the no call. Seabrook passed him the puck twice and Keith was killed on both passes. Seabrook probably would like both of those back.

And don't leave Boyntons dumb ass pass which led to the first goal.

And +/- for all you guys. Skille lost his stick and hopped off, Kaner hopped on and boom -. That's how that often works.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was a cheap, dirty hit by dagostini. Toews no longer had the puck. Why the NHL official did not call anything on another of the NHL Star players if a fucking mystery. Colin Campbell should be fired and both officials last night reprimanded.

There was another hit later in the game on Keith, clearly boarding, again no fucking call. He retaliated shortly after and he got a penalty.

Yep, Blues were given carte blanche last night to take liberites, so Keith had to send a message that if the refs weren't going to call the Blues taking runs at him it he was gonna defend himself.

whiteevo

Liked Posts:
that keith minor was unbelieveable considering what i saw go on out there. that summed up the night for me. i was yelling at the TV at that point.

fucking hate the blues and their minger looking fans.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
The refs weren;t too good either. Jannsen's penalty early was bs too. The Toews hit, Keith getting run, the call on Brouwer...were all a joke. Turco had the puck covered in the 1st...and never a whistle.

But teams usually can create their own penalties and the Hawks compete level wasn't there all game at all. Kane/Hossa come to mind as 2 players that usually draw penalties....but didnt really have the puck on their sticks.

And....again...John Scott was the most noticeable Hawk forward last night, and in a good way. He played pretty decent, which doesnt say much for the other 17 skaters.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought Scott and Turco were the 2 best Hawks last night....and I say Scott with a straight face.

For whatever reason...the team didn't show up...even before Toews injury. Hossa was completely invisible.

This is a game where I really don't understand Bickell's game. At 6'4 225lbs, I don't recall one single hit last night. There were times he went in the corner for the puck in the offensive zone, and he just throws the puck away, instead of using his frame to shield the puck, and make a play. His physical game - or lack their of - is disappointing to me. He plays like he's Sharp's size..not wanting to hit/or get hit.

This team is in serious trouble if Toews is out for an extended period of time. Bolland, as the teams number one center....ouch.

Right after the start of the game there was a faceoff in the Hawks zone. Kopecky lost the draw then lost the next two in the zone after they failed to clear the puck.

He also had two turnovers in the sequence. Right then I told the wife Hossa would be stuck playing D and killing penalties with him as center. The guy has to work on his faceoffs really quick or he shouldn't be used as center IMHO. That line had almost no solid puck possession.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
He was clearly retaliating from the no call. Seabrook passed him the puck twice and Keith was killed on both passes. Seabrook probably would like both of those back.

And don't leave Boyntons dumb ass pass which led to the first goal.

And +/- for all you guys. Skille lost his stick and hopped off, Kaner hopped on and boom -. That's how that often works.

As far as Boytons dumb pass....that wasnt as deadly of a giveaway as many others all game. I'm not sure who the right winger was that never got there, but that play happens 100 times a game - no one was home. It wasnt like a throw to the slot - like he did in SJ.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
Bickell, Brouwer, Dowell, Cullimore, Boynton, Seabrook (even Skille or Bolland) are names that come to mind that should have plastered Dagostini or another of their players. you can't let that crap go.

No one aside from the goalie and goon showed up to play so why bother defending a teammate?

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
The refs weren;t too good either. Jannsen's penalty early was bs too. The Toews hit, Keith getting run, the call on Brouwer...were all a joke. Turco had the puck covered in the 1st...and never a whistle.

But teams usually can create their own penalties and the Hawks compete level wasn't there all game at all. Kane/Hossa come to mind as 2 players that usually draw penalties....but didnt really have the puck on their sticks.

And....again...John Scott was the most noticeable Hawk forward last night, and in a good way. He played pretty decent, which doesnt say much for the other 17 skaters.

I didn't really see the Hawks have a decent possession in the Blue's zone 5 on 5 until mid 2nd. It just seemed like a lethargic dump and chase fest until the pseudo-urgency of being down 3-1 with 6 attackers on the ice with 2 minutes to go.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As far as Boytons dumb pass....that wasnt as deadly of a giveaway as many others all game. I'm not sure who the right winger was that never got there, but that play happens 100 times a game - no one was home. It wasnt like a throw to the slot - like he did in SJ.

I'd only qubble that he had a lot of time and space with plenty of time to look up before deciding what to do instead of rushing things and throwing it around the boards without taking a look around first.

E Runs

Liked Posts:

Maybe when there's a forchecker bearing in. Boynton had an eternity to take a look and make a play, instead he acted as if the puck were on fire.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I dont buy that at all. Now Hossa needs a top line center to compete or play a 2 way game - otherwise he's only a defensive forward? No way. Hossa played like shit and it was his only fault. Where was he on the early PP's the Hawks had?

Oh well..game over....hopefully Toews isnt out long and they can move on. Games like this happen and it doesnt mean the Hawks dont care, dont have heart, etc. It was just a bad game.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one aside from the goalie and goon showed up to play so why bother defending a teammate?

Toews was hurt, what, in the first 10 minutes, if not earlier? If someone would have challenged Dagostini immediately, or his next shift, or gone after Boyes, might have been a different story.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Maybe when there's a forchecker bearing in. Boynton had an eternity to take a look and make a play, instead he acted as if the puck were on fire.

I think the whole team treated that puck like a hand grenade.

He may have been getting told on the ice (by Turco or someone) to reverse the play. Usually when a player fires it blindly, someones yelling them to. Or, if he looked up the near boards and the Blues took it away, chances are - no one is holding the far boards or that winger is home - both the opposite happened. Yes...it was a giveaway - but it wasnt as deadly as throwing it up the slot. That was a ridiculous shot, from the boards - that I bet Turco makes 100 times (still dont know how it hit the back post and came out that fast). I just dont think it was as bad of a giveaway that cost them the game or anything.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
RK, I understand it's a tough place to play and the Blues have been hot there but I can't make any excuses for the effort last night.

The Hawks got outhustled, outworked, outhit and outplayed. They were dominated. No excuse for that. None.

Losses will happen but the lack of effort is not acceptable.

My god---the OWNAGE! Honestly, the asskickin' is made much more horrific for me when I think of the fact that the Blues didn't even trot out Halak against them AND they were fucking playing without their most studly forwards in Oshie and Perron. Even without these weapons in the game the Blues managed to whip their asses in every meaningful statistical way.

Now for some cliche fan bitchin' and moanin' observations. . .

So. . .Q's fucking experiment with Kopecky at C can end ANY TIME NOW! Why is he wasting fucking game time like this---28% at the circles on Sun. and 15% on Tue. Jesus. You know, if you aren't going to fucking care whether your 2nd line C can actually ya know, win faceoffs and let you get possession of the puck and you are gonna keep Sharp on the wing then you might as well bring up some of the C's from Rockford for a few games each---they're cheap just like TK and many of the pts. leaders for the Hogs are the C prospects so WTH and at least they have some actual centering skills (plus maybe some youthful exuberance).

Also? I'm being dead serious here even though it'll sound like sarcasm but I really and truly would appreciate ANY IHN member who has any inside connections to come back and at least hint as to the TRUE reason Hendry is being treated the way he is by Q/the Organization. I am at a utter loss to explain this shit because there is NO WAY anyone is going to convince me at this point that Jordan Hendry would be worse out on the ice than Boynton and at least JH has youth in his favor which is major when you're talking about a Cup hangover fatigued team. I am not a Boynton hater as I appreciate his shot blocking but at his age and limited hockey IQ he just doesn't have the game to be playing outside of the role he was brought here for for his $500K---he can be effective with limited mins. but he is not meant to have significant TOI and not 82 games at this juncture in his career.