1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Yeah...why can't you just believe me? How 'bout get a twitter.

How the hell would I come up with that and to BS that.

Its' not that I don't believe you, its' that I always want to see if there is any more info about it that you didn't post or wait to see if the same source gives an update...

And I do have a twitter, but it doesn't work right. :shrug:

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Take that stuff with a grain of salt.. Sure its nice for someone to be saying it.. but who knows.. even if they have a source.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
I think Cubs want the draft pick for Pena. Why i think A-ram not coming back. Theo and staff rather draft there own guys

or they dont want to pay Armi 15m per year on a big deal while rebuilding also Rami doesnt want to come back(i doubt theo wanted him back anyway paying for future performance and Rami isnt worth what he is asking at least to the Cubs). I doubt it has much to do with a draft pick really. Same with Pena he isnt worth the money IMO.

Last edited:

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its' not that I don't believe you, its' that I always want to see if there is any more info about it that you didn't post or wait to see if the same source gives an update...

And I do have a twitter, but it doesn't work right. :shrug:

How doesn't it work? I try to post all that I think means something.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Day 1 of the GM Meetings |

Here’s the latest from the rumor mill and other notes as day 1 of the GM meetings kicked off:

*According to Aramis Ramirez’s agent, Paul Kinzer, there’s no way Ramirez is returning to the Cubs. Kinzer said “we are not talking to the Cubs, that ship has sailed.”

* However, Kinzer will talk to Theo Epstein later this week about other clients Geovany Soto, Carlos Marmol, Starlin Castro and Junior Lake.

* Scott Boras, who makes his clients rich, will talk to Theo Epstein and Jed Hoyer later this week about 2 of his clients Carlos Pena and Prince Fielder.

* A fifth candidate was interview for the Cubs managerial position and that is the Red Sox’ bench coach DeMarlo Hale. Theo Epstein and co. did not meet him in person, but it was over the phone. I don’t see him as a candidate. But I could see him leaving the Red Sox bench for the Cubs bench. That would be up the the new manager of whomever that may be.

* Theo Epstein, Carlos Zambrano and his agent Barry Prayer had lunch in Chicago on Monday. It was Zambrano’s idea for the meeting. As Big Z wants to remain in Chicago. Theo Epstein said “Zambrano will have to earn his way back on the team, by working hard this Winter and getting amends with each player.”

* According to Jerry Crasnick, the Cubs are one of 8 teams to have interest in OF Grady Sizemore. The Cubs view Sizemore as their RF. Sizemore has been injured the past 2 seasons, but was more healthy last year than in ’11 where he played only 33 games. Sizemore played 71 games in 2011 and posted a 224/.285/.422/.706 with 10 home runs in 295 plate appearances. The 29 year old is reportedly looking for a 1 year contract to up his value for the 2013 free agent class. The Indians declined his 9 million club option and he became a free agent. If the price is right, I wouldn’t mind the Cubs taking a gamble on Sizemore.

* According to Jim Bowden, the Cubs are leaning towards Mike Maddux as their new manager.

* Also, Bowden said the Cubs main priorities are pitching, defense and left-handed hitting when talking to other GM’s.

* Bruce Levine states Terry Francona is still a candidate for the Cubs managerial position. I just can’t see him getting the job…

* According to the Chicago Sun-Times, don’t be surprise if you hear OF Marlon Byrd or P Carlos Marmol added to the rumor mill. Byrd is in his last year of his contract and will make 6.5 million, while Marmol has 2 years left on his contract (7M in ’12—9.8M in ’13) With closers on the free agent market expensive, Marmol looks like a bargain. Especially after the Phills gave Papelbon 4 years, 50 million with a vesting option. Also, the Blue Jays even said they can’t belive the asking price for the closers on the market. So…Marmol does look like a good trade candidate. Also, it might be for the best if the Cubs do in fact deal Byrd. Jackson looks ready and it sounds like the Cubs could sign another OF.

* The Cubs added another valueable piece to their front office. The Cubs hired former Arizona Diamondback Shiraz Rehman. He will join Randy Bush and be the assistant GM. He spent 6 seasons with the D’backs. The dream front office continues.

* According to Carrie Muskat, scouting director Jason McLeod will travel to the Dominican Republic this week to meet with several players, including 26 year-old OF Yoenis Cespedes. I don’t know who else McLeod could be looking at.

Well that’s the latest from a busy Monday.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs could be planning on bidding for Yu Darvish.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
?

So Yu Darvish is a good young starter, but don't bid on him?

no pitcher from Japan is worth what he is gonna get. Really no pitcher should get that. We can develop pitching and pay them around league min. Like the Rays do with all there good young pitchers. Our staff is a mess it will take longer than a year to fix. Improve the defense and the staff will get a little better but we need to be patient.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, that really isn't for me to decide, but it seems a worthwhile gamble to get a young pitcher who's dominating his league and whose abilities might translate to MLB. Cubs are supposed to have lots of money and it seems wiser to spend it on a guy who will probably cost less than a CJ Wilson or Mark Buehrle (at least annually) and who is younger, too.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Well, that really isn't for me to decide, but it seems a worthwhile gamble to get a young pitcher who's dominating his league and whose abilities might translate to MLB. Cubs are supposed to have lots of money and it seems wiser to spend it on a guy who will probably cost less than a CJ Wilson or Mark Buehrle (at least annually) and who is younger, too.

Darvish will get 100m including the transfer fee

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Darvish will get 100m including the transfer fee

If that's his price, he's a Yankee. I don't think the Cubs will be that stupid with their money, they probably tap out around $80MM.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The fee for winning the bid will probably be greater than the actual salary IMO.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
If that's his price, he's a Yankee. I don't think the Cubs will be that stupid with their money, they probably tap out around $80MM.

The transfer fee will be a shit ton.But with the transfer fee he will go above 100m IMO.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
The posting fee doesn't go to the player though, it goes to his Japanese team.

so? The Cubs still have to pay it it would go towards payroll. Money spent is still money the Cubs have to spend regardless of who he goes to.