1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Why i expect Byrd to be traded this offseason to make another 6.5 mil avaible

But he might also start in Right so we can keep Byrd... I'm not sure what they are planning on as far as that goes.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, Cubs Double A pitcher Ty'Relle Harris was involved in a hit n' run. No update, tho.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

LOL at that tweet from Keith Law.

"Way too old" for the FSL league when he's the average age for the league?

The more I read from Keith Law the more I think he's insane or doesn't see the players he comments about.

He compared Matt Szczur to Juan Pierre.

WTF?

Last edited:

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He can't be way too old if he's one year older than the average drafted player, and they start their pro careers at A-, SS, or R. It's a misconception.

You can't really go by the average age though. The average age of the Daytona Cubs is only 22.3, but most of the guys getting the playing time are the young ones and the older ones sit the bench and raise the age up. Of the 7 players with over 200 PA's on the team only one is older than 22 and thats Bour.

He needs to do something at AA before anyone should even get excited.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I was having an email exchange about third-base prospect Josh Vitters with Mark Peel, who knows more about Cubs prospects than anyone this side of the Cubs, when something crystallized for me: Projecting plate discipline and patience for a high school hitter may be the most difficult job in scouting.
While the proliferation of high school showcases—such as the Perfect Game National, from where Conor Glassey filed several fine reports on 2012 prospects over the weekend—allows scouts to see prep hitters against better competition, it's still not enough to know how they'll fare when they face pitchers who can command multiple pitches in and out of the strike zone.

Chicago drafted Vitters third overall in 2007 because of his ability to hit for both average and power, and he's doing a solid job of both in Double-A this year, batting .291/.326/.464. But he hasn't torn up the minor leagues as expected because minor league pitchers know he's looking to put the ball in play. He has walked eight times in 64 games this season, in line with his career rate, and big leaguers will further exploit his impatience when he faces them. Provided he improves his defense at third base, I think Vitters is talented enough to be a solid regular, but he may never have the impact with the bat that the Cubs and many other teams expected he would.

Baseball America. Something little I found.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Baseball America. Something little I found.

Mark Peel really does know a lot about Cubs minor leaguers. Many years ago he used to put together a great newletter that had tons of info about Cubs minor leaguers. I don't believe he still does that anymore unforunately.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Minor league notes...

*Esmalin Caridad sent from Iowa to Tennesse
*Robert Coello back up from Tennesse (returns to Iowa)
*Justin Berg removed from DL
*Austin Bibens-Dirkx inactive (sick)

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The Boise Hawks (Short-season A) broadcaster said on his MLBlog that Brett Jackson, Ryan Flaherty, and Josh Vitters will be up to AAA in the coming weeks. Not sure if that is an assumption or if he has sources within the Cubs organization. He works for the organization, so he might have the sources, but I'm not sure.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Boise Hawks (Short-season A) broadcaster said on his MLBlog that Brett Jackson, Ryan Flaherty, and Josh Vitters will be up to AAA in the coming weeks. Not sure if that is an assumption or if he has sources within the Cubs organization. He works for the organization, so he might have the sources, but I'm not sure.

I guess thats good but rather see them in MLB for next 3 months to see what they could bring for 2012 and beyond. Cubs have alot of money off books and need to find out what they need to spend it on.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I guess thats good but rather see them in MLB for next 3 months to see what they could bring for 2012 and beyond. Cubs have alot of money off books and need to find out what they need to spend it on.

Spend it on a new stadium, and create a new minor league in India where every team is Cubs-affiliated... then send Koyie Hill down to it.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
i have been to 12 Chiefs game and not once have i seen Simpson pitch :(

Status
Not open for further replies.