2012 Around the NFL Thread (Non-Bears News)

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
its left brain right brain stuff and having a larger corpus collosum that increases communication between brain hemispheres. You might think its stupid, but taken together.... sports myths and biology are together on this one.

More recent studies are showing it's not such a black/white distinction in that regard. There's plenty of cases of Lefty mobile creative QBs and people and equally creative Righty

There's been a fair share of not just, lacking mobility, but very solid pocket passer simple progression lefty Qbs. Boomer Eaison, Leinhart, Todd Marinovich, etc.

Besides, being more creative or envisioning things in a different progression with the ball doesn't mean you are better suited to play when the talent is garbage.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol, you guys are funny. The different hemispheres have different strengths, varying from mathematical calculation to abstact creativity. To think this only applies in the classroom, and not to applications including sports...I mean I don't know.

I'm just putting it out there that Tebow is a classic lefty and taken together with the strengths he does have and his work ethic and you can rationally explain his accomplishments without God. Because if you don't, well shit, the bears loss last year would have you convinced in an outshoot religion of a 4,000 year old society by the unoriginal claim of an ethnic group and culture deciding that they were special and more important than other human beings.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I hear ya-
The jets WERE very similar to the 05-06 bears..... could been awesome if they had a sentient being in the backfield........ Pennington..... Favre who was just wasting a year till he could get to the vikings..... sanchez...... tebow....

It is astounding to think they had their best shot under pennington.... shudder......

If it wasn't for Favre and his games record, he would of properly been benched when he was too injured to play at any decent level.. yet they squandered a huge divisional lead that year.

I just don't get why these notable bad looking QBs are getting traded up for in the draft.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
LOL at Tebow time.

Jets trying to tank the season?

Dirty secret about "Tebow Time". Dude was 1-4 over his last 4 starts, and the losses were ridiculously embarrassing performance wise. But no, great idea by the Jets thinking about going to Tebow in a division where 3 of his 4 losses down that same stretch came against teams from inside their own division.

I thought this was a Chicago bEARS MB. i was wrong. it's a packer, romo, tebow board.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
What the hell does Theismann have against Romo?

Is it just the star on his helmet?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
you can't learn FT and Rory though. they only understand the mechanics of Special person brain.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
its the white on his skin, that he hates. Theisman is correct. Romo won't ever win the SB. Ever. EVER.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'm just putting it out there that Tebow is a classic lefty and taken together with the strengths he does have and his work ethic and you can rationally explain his accomplishments without God. Because if you don't, well shit, the bears loss last year would have you convinced in an outshoot religion of a 4,000 year old society by the unoriginal claim of an ethnic group and culture deciding that they were special and more important than other human beings.

So you're saying he'll suck like Bobby Douglass.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
lol, you guys are funny. The different hemispheres have different strengths, varying from mathematical calculation to abstact creativity. To think this only applies in the classroom, and not to applications including sports...I mean I don't know.

What's funny is that people still cling to that outdated idea. That's why I mentioned that there are varying studies and ideas on that subject now. It's not as black and white as people thought in the past and LEFTY/RIGHTY is not as strong a distinction as people who claim it has.

http://rense.com/general2/rb.htm

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...rain-right-brain-myth-will-probably-never-die

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm saying you can't evaluate a lefty based on pretty passes. This is from psychology and competitive experience, but they tend to have improvise skills and be able to make that one throw that they never had to make before.

Tebow is obviously not "terrible." He wouldn't be where he is or done what he has done. He would be Hutchinson. He has a skill set and it would be good for the jets right now currently constructed.

B.S. Steve Young, Boomer and Jim Zorn for example threw a real pretty ball.

Tebow is a terrible passer, wakeup!!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
What the hell does Theismann have against Romo?

Is it just the star on his helmet?

His partying in Mexico on the bye means he isn't prepared.. so he is a young punk QB who isn't mature enough to win like an old days player. Plus he does too much willy nilly trying to make good plays and hurting his team at times in the process. . Romo offends Theismann's QB sensibilities.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Well...that doesn't make him a bad QB.

correct. he is just a qb that will never win the big one. he'll lose it for you but he wont win it

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Bear down Chicago Bears

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If it wasn't for Favre and his games record, he would of properly been benched when he was too injured to play at any decent level.. yet they squandered a huge divisional lead that year.

I just don't get why these notable bad looking QBs are getting traded up for in the draft.
Didnt he have a crazy 6 touchdown game that year as well?
Whatever it was, he pretty much had all of his good play in one or 2 games and just crapped out the rest of the season..... I am noty a conspiracy theorist, but he was honestly just wasting a year until he could get to the vikings..... wasn't there some kind of violation that year between him and the vikings prompting his move to the jets?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
the chicago bears look real good this year

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Didnt he have a crazy 6 touchdown game that year as well?
Whatever it was, he pretty much had all of his good play in one or 2 games and just crapped out the rest of the season..... I am noty a conspiracy theorist, but he was honestly just wasting a year until he could get to the vikings..... wasn't there some kind of violation that year between him and the vikings prompting his move to the jets?

The Packers put a stipulation in the trade with the Jets that if they traded Favre to Minnesota (Maybe also the Bears) that the Jets would owe the Packers something like 3 1st round draft picks. I guess that deal was allowed in league rules so that's what the scenario was and why Favre had to retire/unretire as a FA to join the Vikings.

I think Favre was pretty good in October/September with the Jets, he may of started to falter a bit more after that point.

BTW: I"m glad I've ignored some troll posters, and know to not click the view ignored post for some posters nowadays.

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
HAHA anyone see the golden boy Brady piss down his leg today???? It was great

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
He Pegger, Eagles fire defensive coordinator Juan Castillo

Eagles fire defensive coordinator Juan Castillo
Posted by Darin Gantt on October 16, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Juan Castillo AP

The Eagles may not be changing quarterbacks during the bye week, but they are making changes.

According to Reuben Frank of CSNPhiladelphia, the Eagles have fired defensive coordinator Juan Castillo.

Frank reports that Castillo was called into Andy Reid’s office this morning, and was given the news. He will no longer be with the team in any capacity.

Castillo, who has been with the Eagles since 1995, was an odd fit from the start, moving from coaching offensive line coach to defensive coordinator prior to the 2011 season. He replaced Sean McDermott, who struggled with replacing the late Jim Johnson, before being let go to join Ron Rivera in Carolina.

The Eagles have since announced the move, saying Todd Bowles will take over Castillo’s old job.

“We’re six games into the season and average isn’t good enough. I know the potential of our team and insist on maximizing it,” Reid said in a statement from the team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/16/eagles-fired-defensive-coordinator-juan-castillo/