2012 Around the NFL Thread (Non-Bears News)

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Romo gets hurt by the press just because of the team that he plays on, way too much heat/press on that team! Jessica Simpson was onced considered bad luck if @ the games, now that's fucking silly press! The R Williams trade also really hurt this team, but overall Romo has done nothing but produce and having them competing every year!

they won one playoff game so far,that isnt competing. I do agree wuth the rest of your post

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I think the best thing for both teams would be to trade a Sidney Rice, Braylon Edwards and pick, or some kind of deal for Mark Sanchez.

Wilson is a great kid, a leader, and worth investing in probably, but at some point Seattle is going to have to realize they have a great defense and still aren't going to win that many games. Mark Sanchez knows the system more than just a guy off the street, and could be a spark for his college coach on offense.

Meanwhile, the Jets need to buy in one way or the other, and to me that means getting rid of either Tebow or Sanchez. I don't think one is that much better than the other, but do think Tebow can do more with the way the Jets are built right now without Holmes and Revis.

I think I have borderline personality disorder.

Sanchez going to Seattle:oprah:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alot of people don't understand Tebow or how he succeeds. Let me make some points you don't usually hear.

1) He is left handed. You have to throw mechanics, flight of ball, and traditional orthodoxy out the window for lefties. Basketball players know this. Baseball players know this. Lefties calculate differently, they calculate each play. They are best at improvisation and not at mechanics. They don't have the perfect J, or the perfect pass....but when the shit hits the fan and the play breaks down they can make the throw off balance. Thats just the lefty advantage, but they aren't as good at the practice effect repeating the same motion exactly.

2) His teammates respect him as a football player and he inspires them to fight for him. He enegrize his sideline, and leads. Intangibles.

Thats my argument. He is a more skilled passer than he "looks". And he fights harder than most and has the body to keep doing it like a big running back. He changes time of possession and keeps his defense fresher. He turns the field and gets his defense in good field position.

Its so basic its beautiful. I'm not christian. I'm grading him as a football player.

Slacker

Liked Posts:
To be honest any team that has Sanchez and Tebow as the #1 and #2 QB's doesn't have a chance because their personnel evaluation process must be deeply flawed. I can understand drafting Sanchez, sometimes you make bad picks. But it's taken forever to realize he's a dud. I can understand starting him and fighting through it until you can upgrade him, but compounding that situation by adding Tebow as his backup is completely inexcusable. Total trainwreck.

As to the above poster, sorry, but Tebow is terrible. His resume consists of a couple games where he showcased 3 1/2 quarters of ineptitude then finally strung together a drive or two to pull out a lucky win. The victory over Pittsburgh in the playoffs cemented his "legend", even though he only completed 10 passes for 47% completion percentage (which is his career average). He's a novelty running back who throws the ball. As a running back he's decent. As a QB he blows. He may be the best team guy in the locker room and a leader on the field, but as a functioning passing QB he cripples the offense. Running QB's don't last long in the NFL and I don't expect Tebow's career to either.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Alot of people don't understand Tebow or how he succeeds. Let me make some points you don't usually hear.

1) He is left handed. You have to throw mechanics, flight of ball, and traditional orthodoxy out the window for lefties. Basketball players know this. Baseball players know this. Lefties calculate differently, they calculate each play. They are best at improvisation and not at mechanics. They don't have the perfect J, or the perfect pass....but when the shit hits the fan and the play breaks down they can make the throw off balance. Thats just the lefty advantage, but they aren't as good at the practice effect repeating the same motion exactly.

2) His teammates respect him as a football player and he inspires them to fight for him. He enegrize his sideline, and leads. Intangibles.

Thats my argument. He is a more skilled passer than he "looks". And he fights harder than most and has the body to keep doing it like a big running back. He changes time of possession and keeps his defense fresher. He turns the field and gets his defense in good field position.

Its so basic its beautiful. I'm not christian. I'm grading him as a football player.

johnstewart_facepalm.gif

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

So am I. He blows.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be honest any team that has Sanchez and Tebow as the #1 and #2 QB's doesn't have a chance because their personnel evaluation process must be deeply flawed. I can understand drafting Sanchez, sometimes you make bad picks. But it's taken forever to realize he's a dud. I can understand starting him and fighting through it until you can upgrade him, but compounding that situation by adding Tebow as his backup is completely inexcusable. Total trainwreck.

As to the above poster, sorry, but Tebow is terrible. His resume consists of a couple games where he showcased 3 1/2 quarters of ineptitude then finally strung together a drive or two to pull out a lucky win. The victory over Pittsburgh in the playoffs cemented his "legend", even though he completed 10 passes for 47% completion percentage. He's a novelty running back who throws the ball. As a running back he's decent. As a QB he blows. He may be the best team guy in the locker room and a leader on the field, but as a functioning passing QB he cripples the offense. Running QB's don't last long in the NFL and I don't expect Tebow's career to either.

I don't disagree with most of what you said. I have always hated Sanchez ever since his rape charges mysteriously dissappeared at USC. He was terrible in college(considering what he had around him plus the best defense in college that year). And he has always held the Jets back from how good they were. Now they aren't and he is getting exposed for the fraud he always was.

I just think Tebow is harder to evaluate. I would enjoy seeing if he can do it again, though I really don't think he can. But it would be fun. Sanchez = no fun, spoiled brat, cradle robber, and terrible mistakes.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't disagree with most of what you said. I have always hated Sanchez ever since his rape charges mysteriously dissappeared at USC. He was terrible in college(considering what he had around him plus the best defense in college that year). And he has always held the Jets back from how good they were. Now they aren't and he is getting exposed for the fraud he always was.

I just think Tebow is harder to evaluate. I would enjoy seeing if he can do it again, though I really don't think he can. But it would be fun. Sanchez = no fun, spoiled brat, cradle robber, and terrible mistakes.

:obama:

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Tebow and Sanchez both suck, why Seattle would want either one fo them lol

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I think the best thing for both teams would be to trade a Sidney Rice, Braylon Edwards and pick, or some kind of deal for Mark Sanchez.

Wilson is a great kid, a leader, and worth investing in probably, but at some point Seattle is going to have to realize they have a great defense and still aren't going to win that many games. Mark Sanchez knows the system more than just a guy off the street, and could be a spark for his college coach on offense.

Meanwhile, the Jets need to buy in one way or the other, and to me that means getting rid of either Tebow or Sanchez. I don't think one is that much better than the other, but do think Tebow can do more with the way the Jets are built right now without Holmes and Revis.

I think I have borderline personality disorder.

Seattle already has a backup why would they want to trade for another one

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
The discussion isn't about how good Romo was on one night. It's about the overall evaluation of him.

make that shit as big as you want Special person. no one cares

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I would trust Matt Flynn more than Sanchez and don't know what Russel can do right now.

I'm confused though.. are you making the case for Jets to get better because Tebow is a lefty? The only way can have Tebow s a positive impact on is by just running wildcat They can try and go full ball control which is not far off from what they did Sanchez's first two years, but they're team is weak already. They might as well just sign T.O. and go full media blowout.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I also think that Romo is hurt by the perception that Dallas is actually adding good players to their offense, when they aren't. Felix Jones was a high draft pick who was suppose to add a speed element to the offense, but he's been a bust. Dez Bryant was supposed to be an annual 1000-yard guy, but he is completely unreliable. Its also interesting how these alleged "talented" guys like Marion Barber and Laurent Robinson go someplace else and they immediately suck. The only guys Romo trusts are Witten and Austin, and they've both been nicked up.

"the only guys romo trusts" right so now you know who romo trusts. fucking idiot. Assumption King here. we got live one.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

I've heard tons of people use your flawed arguments. You can't hide the fact he is an awful passer. Note; I did not say QB, I said passer. His running and attributes is not enough to make up for his lousy passing skills. At least John Elway was able to see that

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I don't think Russell Wilson is the answer, but I would rather have him than either Sanchez or Tebow. And of the latter two, Sanchez is miles better than Tebow. The Seahawks would be better off trading for Ronnie Brown and installing him as their Wildcat QB.

how can someone be better by miles? you must be a Special person. Someone can be ahead by miles but not better miles. you my asshole(can't say friend) are stupid.

Tim Tebow is inches better then Sanchez. sounds about right. clown

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dont you get bored reposting the same picture over and over?One playoff win is competting to you?

A 49-32 career record is.

So Jay Cutler doesn't keep the Bears competitive?