2012 Around the NFL Thread (Non-Bears News)

FrenchieBully

Liked Posts:
The only problem with your Rodgers stats is he has 46 wins, so in 39 of those wins his team is leading going into the 4th quarter and by enough where he doesn't have to have a game winning drive. 85% of his wins are won without worry of losing the lead or having to come back. 7 wins comeback wins/game winning drives doesnt mean he isn't clutch...just shows he puts his team in position to win in the 4th quarter.

Me and FT don't agree on Cutler and Romo but I wouldn't consider either QB clutch. The stats you provided only show the wins how many of their losses were from blown leads? How many time has he been down at half and been able to bring his team back? I don't know the answer to these questions nor do I feel like looking for the answers...but you got to provide better data than that to convince FT or Rory that Cutler is clutch.

They are trolls. You can't convince them otherwise.
'

Besides my Rodgers tibit was more about how he just beats our ass like a prison bitch.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What am I retreating from? I'm one of the few people trying to stay on-topic.

But its nice that you are trying to make Jester feel better after he got his ass handed to him for saying...

While you added this gem to the conversation...

I can't help it if you are borderline Special person and cannot participate in a football discussion. Perhaps this forum isn't the place for you. You might like posting in The Bar or The Chicago Bulls Forum instead?

Aha! Hes back! Tossin more "retards". You already did that remember? Don't you know trolls aren't supposed to be more subtle than that?

At least you will keep rackin up thank-yous from FT. That should provide some consolation for your trollin fail.

FrenchieBully

Liked Posts:
That's sort of like last season when the Cowboys lost their last three games to miss the playoffs.

Burn!

KathrynHarper2ndBurnArm.jpg

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How did this turn ino another Cutler thread?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Botfly i think im going to "thank you" for almost everything like FT is doing with Rory

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have no idea, but I'll be as happy as a pig in shit when it goes to hell with the rest of the Cutler threads.

Well, I won't be. And my thread has already gone to hell :(

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree with Theisman. I think Romo is a very good qb. I think he is underrated. I think he gets too much crap just from that one playoff debacle. It's not his fault that he is surrounded by crappy personnel. I fucking hate the Cowboys though.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I disagree with Theisman. I think Romo is a very good qb. I think he is underrated. I think he gets too much crap just from that one playoff debacle. It's not his fault that he is surrounded by crappy personnel. I fucking hate the Cowboys though.

Agree and disagree to an extent here. While early on his OL was pretty good that has fallen off. His core around him has been "solid" but too often they've added inept, or intolerable puds, flat out retards to the roster and organization around Romo and as of late it's started to effect the talent base. I mean throwing Bill Parcells into a pot with TO and having Jerry Jones stirring it is a shit show waiting to happen. Jason Garret is "meh" at best. I don't think Romo is surrounded by a bunch of bumbling idiots, but he has had, and in some cases still does have just the right amount of idiots in just the right positions to make any mistake they make exponentially felt.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I also think that Romo is hurt by the perception that Dallas is actually adding good players to their offense, when they aren't. Felix Jones was a high draft pick who was suppose to add a speed element to the offense, but he's been a bust. Dez Bryant was supposed to be an annual 1000-yard guy, but he is completely unreliable. Its also interesting how these alleged "talented" guys like Marion Barber and Laurent Robinson go someplace else and they immediately suck. The only guys Romo trusts are Witten and Austin, and they've both been nicked up.
Romo to me early on was a lot like the Bulls with Rose. He was really good and the Cowboys had enough "talent" to do some damage over the course of a regular season where they didn't see top teams week in and week out and were good enough to put wins together. Come playoff time against top tier teams when talent and matchups tend to even out the Cowboys struggled and were shown to maybe not be as good top to bottom as people had thought. Maybe it's just me but even when they were 13-3 I was always kind of shocked by that record and never really thought they'd get to the Super Bowl.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Romo gets hurt by the press just because of the team that he plays on, way too much heat/press on that team! Jessica Simpson was onced considered bad luck if @ the games, now that's fucking silly press! The R Williams trade also really hurt this team, but overall Romo has done nothing but produce and having them competing every year!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OT: Seattle and Jets

I think the best thing for both teams would be to trade a Sidney Rice, Braylon Edwards and pick, or some kind of deal for Mark Sanchez.

Wilson is a great kid, a leader, and worth investing in probably, but at some point Seattle is going to have to realize they have a great defense and still aren't going to win that many games. Mark Sanchez knows the system more than just a guy off the street, and could be a spark for his college coach on offense.

Meanwhile, the Jets need to buy in one way or the other, and to me that means getting rid of either Tebow or Sanchez. I don't think one is that much better than the other, but do think Tebow can do more with the way the Jets are built right now without Holmes and Revis.

I think I have borderline personality disorder.