Status
Not open for further replies.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="210648" data-time="1381505550">
<div>

Hertl was kept on the bench for the last 7:55 of the game. </p>

</p>

He did receive a head shot from Edler last night in Vancouver.</p>

</p>

Canucks vs Hertl gameday: What we learned</p>

</p>

Joe Thornton would unzip his pants if he scored four goals</p>

Hearing a question to Marleau about Hertl and whether he was showboating, Thornton said:</p>

“Shut up, have you ever played the game?�</p>

When the press turned his way, he then added:</p>

“I’d have my cock out if I scored four goals. I’d have my cock out, stroking it.�</p>

OK, then.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Of course the Morality Squad is going to be up in arms about this, but I file it under, "Working their fucking nuts off".</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita" data-cid="210648" data-time="1381505550">

Hertl was kept on the bench for the last 7:55 of the game.

He did receive a head shot from Edler last night in Vancouver.

Canucks vs Hertl gameday: What we learned

Joe Thornton would unzip his pants if he scored four goals

Hearing a question to Marleau about Hertl and whether he was showboating, Thornton said:

“Shut up, have you ever played the game?”

When the press turned his way, he then added:

“I’d have my cock out if I scored four goals. I’d have my cock out, stroking it.”

OK, then.</p></blockquote>

Haha, that's awesome.

Though only in the NHL will you have a rookie that has a star debut like Hertl did and have people in the the game essentially come out and say "You know what? Someone should hurt that kid."

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="210658" data-time="1381508493">

Haha, that's awesome.

Though only in the NHL will you have a rookie that has a star debut like Hertl did and have people in the the game essentially come out and say "You know what? Someone should hurt that kid."</p></blockquote>

I'm gonna call bullshit.

NFL when guys show boat on touchdowns guys I'll sometimes go after them ala Terrell Owens in Dallas.

Baseball if you watch your homer from home plate guys will bean you or clear benches.

I don't think what Hertl did was wrong as it's an underrated shot, but I can understand the Rangers and other frustration feeling that they rubbed it in.

Variable

Liked Posts:
No see what you're talking about in those examples is a player trying to rub it in. What was Hertl supposed to do? Miss on purpose? The longer you try to argue that its showboating, the more ridiculous the reasoning is to make it seem like that. I think it was a year or two ago the same stupid respect the league bullshit came up when a player used a spin o rama in a shoot out. A fucking shoot out lol. Only in the NHL will you hear stuff like that.

The Rangers should be concerned with why and how the hell they allowed nine goals in the first place before anything else.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="210674" data-time="1381517873">

No see what you're talking about in those examples is a player trying to rub it in. What was Hertl supposed to do? Miss on purpose? The longer you try to argue that its showboating, the more ridiculous the reasoning is to make it seem like that. I think it was a year or two ago the same stupid respect the league bullshit came up when a player used a spin o rama in a shoot out. A fucking shoot out lol. Only in the NHL will you hear stuff like that.</p></blockquote>

Was Hertl trying to rub it in? I don't think so. My issue was with the celebration. Was the celly at the end really necessary? Probably not since it was goal number 9. Act like you've been there before (it's not like he didn't get a chance to celebrate the other 3) tap gloves with teammates and line back up for the face off.

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="210686" data-time="1381530655">
<div>

Was Hertl trying to rub it in? I don't think so. My issue was with the celebration. Was the celly at the end really necessary? Probably not since it was goal number 9. Act like you've been there before (it's not like he didn't get a chance to celebrate the other 3) tap gloves with teammates and line back up for the face off.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Because he dared to fucking smile? Are you serious? Been there before, that's his third game as a pro and he's lighting up the NHL, he's literally never been there before lol. And neither has any other rookie since the 80s, of which Oates wasn't one of.  god forbid he enjoys it. This same thing comes up at least once every. single. goddamn. season. Every season. And does Oates even  realize that  Ovechkin, probably one of the more exuberant players in the league when it comes to celebrations...... plays for the team he coaches?</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Next on the Circus Tour for the Rangers ---- a trip to St Loo. The Benny Hill theme song will be played throughout the game tonight, lol....</p>

</p>

Who wants to place bets on this game going 5+ goals for the Blues tonight? </p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rags win, they've been embarrassed enough already. Plus I want to see the Blues lose, so they don't get too uppity.</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
If it turns out like the 1st goal for the Blues, this will be a long night.... 21 goals in 5 games.... </p>

</p>

1-0 Blues already. </p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Hertl scores again.... I doubt they'll send him down now.... </p>

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
lololololo Luuuuuuuu with the horrible luck own goal</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
mTTO50t.jpg
</p>

lol</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JOVE23" data-cid="210730" data-time="1381635615">
<div>

lololololo Luuuuuuuu with the horrible luck own goal</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

It was beautiful!</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="210723" data-time="1381604734">

Rags win, they've been embarrassed enough already. Plus I want to see the Blues lose, so they don't get too uppity.</p></blockquote> 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CLWolf81" data-cid="210726" data-time="1381623589">

If it turns out like the 1st goal for the Blues, this will be a long night.... 21 goals in 5 games.... 

1-0 Blues already.</p></blockquote>
Haha! It actually is embarrassingly comical how bad the Rangers are playing for AV. I knew this was going to be an epic fail with that idiot as the coach. Rangers need a strong, disciplinarian coach. Not Mr. Everyone's Friend AV.

Meanwhile... although the Canucks' record hasn't showed it... they are playing amazing. Selling out and "blocking fucking shots" and just really playing actual hockey instead of flopping around on the ice like they did for AV.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="210687" data-time="1381536231">

Because he dared to fucking smile? Are you serious? Been there before, that's his third game as a pro and he's lighting up the NHL, he's literally never been there before lol. And neither has any other rookie since the 80s, of which Oates wasn't one of. god forbid he enjoys it. This same thing comes up at least once every. single. goddamn. season. Every season. And does Oates even realize that Ovechkin, probably one of the more exuberant players in the league when it comes to celebrations...... plays for the team he coaches?</p></blockquote>

My bad, the video I saw of the goal linked it to one of his earlier celebrations. I thought he was going nuts on the play.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WickedWrister" data-cid="210741" data-time="1381684736">
<div>

Haha! It actually is embarrassingly comical how bad the Rangers are playing for AV. I knew this was going to be an epic fail with that idiot as the coach. Rangers need a strong, disciplinarian coach. Not Mr. Everyone's Friend AV.

Meanwhile... although the Canucks' record hasn't showed it... they are playing amazing. Selling out and "blocking fucking shots" and just really playing actual hockey instead of flopping around on the ice like they did for AV.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

When I'm playing the Bennie Hill theme song DURING ANY Rangers game, you know how bad this is. I've never done that with any craptacular team, and for me, I find it comical to want to see a Rangers game JUST to see them get shit upon cause of our history with the Canucks. Honestly, I feel terrible that the Rangers got stuck with AV.

</p>

I've seen a majority of their goals on this road trip. Lundqvist has all but given up, and Biron is too old to keep up with the youthful Pacific Division. They still can't score and their D is questionable. 

Time to fire AV already. </p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
For tonight's Throwback Night in Anaheim, I had to celebrate while wearing my 20th Anniversary shirt tonight... The Ducks wore the old Mighty Ducks jerseys tonight, so I had to bring my stuff in for the ride. </p>

</p>

</p>

ThrowbackNight_zpsb428e0e2.jpg
</p>

</p>

My old Mighty Ducks jersey is in the left corner on the pantry door while I brought out the California bear flag as well. I am too fat to even try that old thing on, but I still kept it... As for the California flag, that hasn't happened in the house ever. </p>

</p>

In short, I will never forget my past. </p>

</p>

Throwback Night tonight included visits by the 1993 team that included Stu Grimson (Who knew he is an attorney now??? LOL) and Guy Hebert, who got the most cheers. I cheered for Shaun Van Allen, Todd Ewen, Patrick Carnback, Troy Loney, Terry Yake, Ron Tugnutt, and Sean Hill as well.  

</p>

Oh and the Ducks got the franchise shots record tonight with 56 in a solid win over the Sens and my boy Hampus Lindholm is continuing to impress me. :icon-smile: All in all a wonderful night.</p>

xatruio

Liked Posts:
man the Mighty Ducks had such better jerseys than the Ducks. Orange is my fav color but in the Ducks and Sharks it failed to impress me.

If not with the kiddy Disney logo, combining the D-shape Web foot with the old colors and fuck yeah.

Variable

Liked Posts:
god the West is just dominating the East so far. Record is something like 24-6.</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="xatruio" data-cid="210760" data-time="1381731627">
<div>

man the Mighty Ducks had such better jerseys than the Ducks. Orange is my fav color but in the Ducks and Sharks it failed to impress me.

If not with the kiddy Disney logo, combining the D-shape Web foot with the old colors and fuck yeah.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Blame Disney's obsessions with trademark infringement. That's why the logo and colors are gone. They had the rules to the name and the logo, thus they could do whatever they wanted. In their case, they took the name as well as Arrowhead's rights to the "Pond"....  They also owned the Angels at one point and removed that old cartoony logo as well.</p>

</p>

Then the new rules regarding Anaheim teams came thanks to the Angels, and that became a gigantic mess in the form of a nasty lawsuit. In short, either the team name or the venue they play in has to have the city's name on it. The end result being Anaheim Ducks and Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. </p>

</p>

Orange is the color of the Orange County region and the Inland Empire being represented. Basically, their targeted markets. Its no secret the Ducks wish to market to these areas, and its within jurisdiction rules. The orange will always stay, and it designates the difference between themselves and the hated rival Kings. 

The shoulder patches are the closest thing they were able to get away with per any potential Disney lawsuit. I'd love to see the logo with the new colors. It might be "Golddust-ish" but I think it could work. </p>

Status
Not open for further replies.