Liked Posts:
Tied! Number two pick battle begins anew :fist:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Levine's chat items:

Caps (Miami, FL)

Hey Bruce, do you think the Cubs should pick a College player in the 1st round that could move quickly through the farm over HS players?

Bruce Levine (1:33 PM)

I think the Cubs have the luxury of drafting the best talent available. So they won't be afraid of drafting 18-year olds with huge upsides. The Cubs executives are looking to build this thing for the next 10 years and therefore will not just draft college players because they might be closer to the big leagues.

Also:

Tim (Chicago)

Bruce with the Cubs picking second of third in the draft do you see them going after Appel? He didn't sign with Pittsburgh what do that do to his market value? Thanks and keep up the good work!

Bruce Levine (1:35 PM)

It depends as he is a Scott Boras client. Like everyone else the Cubs will monitor what he does in his last year of college. You can bet that there top choice will be a pitcher.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;yBaSKkedNuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBaSKkedNuM[/video]

Will hopefully be a familiar look at Wrigley.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs 59-96

Rockies 61-94

Two game lead muthafuckaz :beerbang:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Cubs lose today they clinch the #2 pick.

If the Cubs come back to win but the Rockies win just one more, they still clinch the #2 pick.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/10/teams-with-protected-first-round-picks.html

Playoff races rightfully get most of the attention this time of year, but there’s intrigue at the bottom of the standings, too. Seven teams have clinched protected first round picks in the 2013 amateur draft with three days remaining in the regular season. The Astros, Cubs, Rockies, Twins, Marlins, Indians and Red Sox will have top ten selections in next year’s draft even if they win the remainder of their games.

These teams can sign elite free agents this offseason (players who turned down qualifying offers from their former clubs) and retain their first round selections. Instead, these teams would surrender second round selections.

Surrendering the second round would lead to forfeiture of that slot's pool money, though. And a loss of a warm body in the farm.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Is anybody going to check out the AFL this year? I was planning on heading out there in 2013, and doing extended ST in 2013 too.

In other words, can I post AFL stuff and Caribbean baseball scores here so I can keep on avoiding the Bears forum?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is anybody going to check out the AFL this year? I was planning on heading out there in 2013, and doing extended ST in 2013 too.

In other words, can I post AFL stuff and Caribbean baseball scores here so I can keep on avoiding the Bears forum?

Definitely. There's a sticky thread for the offseason leagues and instructionals that you can post in to keep the clutter down, not that this forum has gotten tons of traffic since the team's crapped out and the fans have bailed. If you think something is trivial just post it in the sticky thread. If you think it's super awesome just make a new thread and we'll decide later on whether to just move it to the sticky. New information is always welcome.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Former Cubs legend Tyler Colvin comes through and drives in the go-ahead run. Cubs may not need the tiebreaker after all :woot:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stupid Rockies :lol:

Man

Liked Posts:
Number 2 sounds like a shit pick, but when I think about it...it's a good spot to be in.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
It should give the Cubs the second-highest pool of money, and it's protected in case they decide to spend on free agents. In the first round at least, they should be able to snag a good player who will at worst be MLB filler. And you also never know if the Astros will do something crazy and leave the best overall player (whether then or in retrospect) to the Cubs.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Colorado wins! Cubs "win" #2 pick outright :beerbang:

bbaker

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;yBaSKkedNuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBaSKkedNuM[/video]

Will hopefully be a familiar look at Wrigley.

yesjacknicholson.gif

MRubio52

Liked Posts:

I don't like his arm all that much, he looks like he has solid footwork behind the dish but the arm is lacking, looks like a 4/5. His bat is interesting and I kinda like the no-stride approach...but I don't think he's a catcher.