Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Don't be passive aggressive. Names motherfucker, we want names.

reed.jpg

Waaaaaaaaaaay too many to write in one reply. I will start with the OP though.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Since 1986 the bears are 234 - 215 (including last week, but not including the playoffs)

the bears have been middle of the road for a long time...... but lets blame jay jeff george cutler.

Okay. But I would argue that this is the most offensive talent the Bears have had during that time span. To score 20 points at home against a pathetic Buffalo team is absolutely inexcusable.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Actually, I read that Cutler audibled out of a number of runs. But that's besides the point, a lack of balance was not the issue. You should be able to trust your $100M with the ball. Take away the turnovers the O had a pretty impressive day actually. Especially if they end at least one of those drives with a TD rather than a turn over.

Trestman has always been a pass first play caller and will continue to be so no matter how often people bitch and moan about the lack of balance. Hell, back when he was with the Raiders Gannon threw it 20-30 times in a row some games. Now, I admit that may not be such a good thing when you have a turnover prone QB under center, but he and Emery obviously think otherwise.

JoshMcCownFTW

Liked Posts:
I wonder if they thought keeping Cutler was their best option just to keep their own damn job. Be thinking like, "He got to the NFC title game once... What Qb in the draft can say that?

This is pretty much the argument the Cutler backers use over getting someone in draft. "What have they ever done in the NFL?". LOL it's hilarious. Then when someone new comes along and does far better in a short period of time than Cutler (like Russell Wilson) they make all these excuses of why that QB was "carried" to their accomplishments. Well Cutler has two of the Top 10 WRs in the NFL, a Top 5 RB and he still can't even win.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
This is pretty much the argument the Cutler backers use over getting someone in draft. "What have they ever done in the NFL?". LOL it's hilarious. Then when someone new comes along and does far better in a short period of time than Cutler (like Russell Wilson) they make all these excuses of why that QB was "carried" to their accomplishments. Well Cutler has two of the Top 10 WRs in the NFL, a Top 5 RB and he still can't even win.

You forgot a horrible defense and a horrible special teams. Cuz ya know there are 3 phases on a football team. Unless you're a bears fan then there are 4 phases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
You forgot a horrible defense and a horrible special teams. Cuz ya know there are 3 phases on a football team. Unless you're a bears fan then there are 4 phases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cutler has had some very good defenses here in Chicago and still shit the bed. Like I told an earlier poster, create an All-Madden team, then drop Cutler in as QB, and he may win a game or 2 in the playoffs. Because apparently that's what it will take.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

You're right dude, had we drafted a QB, or even better, kept McCown, this team would be super bowl bound. :yep:

http://www.buccaneers.com/ in case you're lost

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cutler has had some very good defenses here in Chicago and still shit the bed. Like I told an earlier poster, create an All-Madden team, then drop Cutler in as QB, and he may win a game or 2 in the playoffs. Because apparently that's what it will take.

What in the fuck is an all-madden team?

Nick80

11 pages of the same shit that are already in the cutler circle jerk thread for both sides.

Dear oh dear.

Edit: 12 pages now. You are very welcome.

Last edited:

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you aren't allowed to be a funny guy, or complain about Cutler or even post some dumb shit in the bar? Come on Dweebs! Maybe I'll just look at an rss feed from now on and only come here just to dislike shit...

lol..yes you can post whatever you want. I guess I'm just getting tired of the same Cutler threads every week.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have dealt with it....i haven't started threads about him, i haven't said cut or trade him...but if he fucks up i'm going to voice my displeasure and have my concerns. It's just annoying every time i do that i have idiots calling me a hater and claiming i want him cut or traded or claim i want to see him fail and that i'm not a true fan because i criticize Cutler for making a mistake he makes more often than not.

And i get just as annoyed as anyone on here whenever i see another Cutler thread, but there really are two main topics to talk about now.... Cutler and the defense. The defense has so many problems they are a long ways away before we see a decent product. Cutler though, he just needs to cut the turnovers out and he could actually live up to his potential. Thats why he is such a popular topic, that's why when he makes a boneheaded play the "haters" go crazy

I never said not to voice your displeasure with his performance. This is a new season...Bears are 0-1. You will not find a Cutler homer who will tell you that Cutler played well. You will not. Except maybe Desperado, but most people will tell you that Cutler didn't play well. I just don't see the point of bringing up stuff from last season. This is a new season. We can't change anything about last season. Also, I wasn't really talking to you or about you directly when I said to deal with it. I was speaking more on the OP

optimus prime

Liked Posts:
espn cutler takedown article

AS WE BEGIN the 19th season of the Flem File, I must confess that after all this time, I've only uncovered one undisputed, universal truth when it comes to understanding the NFL.

Nothing is ever Jay Cutler's fault.

You might think, in a season opener at home against the bottom-feeding Bills, that a newly minted, $126 million, franchise quarterback with a single career playoff win who has had an entire franchise ripped apart and rebuilt to his exact specifications would, maybe, be to blame for throwing two picks that led to 10 easy points for Buffalo in a shocking 23-20 overtime loss.

When things go bad for the Bears, remember not to blame Jay Cutler.
And, like I said, you'd be wrong.

Nothing is ever Blameless Jay's fault.

You might think it's too early to panic in Chicago. (You might also think this column is starting to sound a lot like the cinder-block balcony scene in "Old School.") But the Bears play five of their next seven on the road, including this week in San Francisco, where, in his latest visit, Cutler threw five picks and zero touchdowns, though as I said, none of that was even remotely close to being his fault.

This was supposed to be the year everything was in place for Cutler to reach his full potential and take the Bears on another deep run in the playoffs. Finally, we were told, after almost a decade in the NFL -- roughly the same time it took to build the Panama Canal -- Cutler was, at long last, ready to step up and become a franchise quarterback.

Here's the thing, though: Real franchise quarterbacks thrive under pressure and adversity by always accepting responsibility, never offering excuses and finding ways to elevate those around them to a level of performance they could never achieve on their own.

Cutler has a nearly flawless, smooth and compact throwing motion and a crazy once-in-a-lifetime canon of an arm. It is so remarkable, in fact, that with it Cutler has managed to seduce even the wise and hardened fan base of Chicago for more than six years. But we all know playing quarterback in the NFL is about so much more than passing the ball and then screaming at your subordinates when things go poorly.

Which means, given his track record of leadership, the only franchise Cutler should be running is a Denny's.

More from Flem File columnist and ESPN The Magazine writer David Fleming:
He needs perfect coaching? After Bountygate (yet another shining example of Roger Goodell's leadership and sliding, slippery scale of morality), Drew Brees lost his offensive playcaller, best friend and head coach for an entire season, and he still threw for 5,177 yards and 43 touchdowns. Cutler needs perfect protection? Aaron Rodgers won a Super Bowl with a dozen or so starters on injured reserve. Cutler needs perfect pass-catchers? There have been long stretches during Tom Brady's Hall of Fame career when his receiving corps looked like something Bill Belichick picked up on the Island of Misfit Toys. Cutler needs a better defense? Eli Manning won a Super Bowl in 2011 with the sixth-worst defense in the league.

So I was racking my brain trying to think of a name for whatever it is that afflicts Cutler when I realized the Bears have given him everything he has ever asked for, and yet somehow Mr. Grumpypants still isn't satisfied or comfortable or the least bit grateful.

Just look at the laundry list of coaches and offensive coordinators he's burned through over the years: Mike Shanahan was too old school; Josh McDaniels was too new school; Ron Turner was too collegial; Mike Martz too complicated; Mike Tice was not complicated enough; Lovie Smith was too defensive-minded. But Marc Trestman, oh, Marc Trestman was gonna be juuuuust right.

And then it hit me.

Jay Cutler has GLD, Goldilocks Disorder.

The Bears (get it?) and their fans can continue to provide all the expensive, soft, cushiony support they can muster for Cutler.

It will never, ever be juuuuust right with this guy.

Did you hear the Colts' Andrew Luck on Sunday after he botched a QB sneak against the Broncos? Here's a guy with less than one-third the experience of Cutler and about one-third the talent around him, with every reason to deflect, make excuses and point fingers.

Marc Trestman forgot to tell Jay Cutler not to throw an interception when the Bears were trying to close out the Bills.
Instead, he stood at the podium, looked the world in the eye and put it all on himself. "Bad, bad decision, and it cost us," Luck said. "If I take a timeout, change the play, whatever it is. Stupid decision, won't make it again. Learn from it and keep trucking along and have a good week of practice coming up."

Now, compare that to Cutler over the years, deep in the throes of GLD.

ONCE UPON A TIME in Denver he needed to win one of his final three games of the 2008 season to make the playoffs. Cutler's passer rating during that stretch never went above 74.9, but it wasn't his fault. He needed a team with a better defense. So the Bears gave up two No. 1 picks to put him with Smith. Cutler threw an NFL-high 26 picks in 2009, and the Bears finished 7-9.

ONCE UPON A TIME, Cutler needed better targets.

So the Bears got him Brandon Marshall, Martellus Bennett and Alshon Jeffery. And it still wasn't juuuuust right.

ONCE UPON A TIME, protection was too soft.

So the Bears let him scream at his linemen during games, and they got him Jordan Mills and Jermon Bushrod, and in 2013 they started the same five offensive linemen in all 16 games. Cutler suffered his fewest sacks since 2008, and the Bears still finished 8-8.

ONCE UPON A TIME, Cutler needed a run game to keep defenses honest.

So the Bears opened their wallets and locked up Matt Forte.

ONCE UPON A TIME, Cutler needed the comfort and security of a long-term contract. Here's how the negotiations probably went: $100 million is too low, $150 million is too high, but $126 million feels juuuuust right.

ONCE UPON A TIME, Cutler needed an offensive-minded head coach.

So Smith was fired after a Super Bowl and a 10-win season (there were other issues besides the QB, of course), and Trestman, the QB whisperer, was hired. But things still didn't feel juuuuust right with Jay.

ONCE UPON A TIME, after 3,310 passes thrown as a pro, Cutler would be perfect -- just as soon as he got more time to acclimate to Trestman's new scheme.

After all that, in the 2014 season opener, what does Blameless Jay do?

Kyle Williams
AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh
Defensive tackle Kyle Williams' interception of Cutler in the fourth quarter kept the Bills alive in a game they won in overtime.
On third-and-1, late in the game, when anything other than an interception probably seals the win for the Bears, he throws across his body, on the run, trying to force the ball in to Bennett, and instead, with the game on the line, Cutler gets picked off by a defensive tackle.

Immediately afterward, it was obvious, at least to Blameless Jay and his followers, exactly who was at fault: Trestman, of course, for not calling a run play. The coach also seems to be suffering from GLD after falling back on the "three-phases" cliché after the shocking loss. And let's not forget the impossibly unfair media for daring to expect a $126 million, nine-year, franchise quarterback on a playoff-caliber roster to be able to, you know, win a game at crunch time by, um, falling down.

On Monday, at least, Cutler seemed to finally shake his GLD and his Blameless Jay persona.

"That last interception was a tough one. I've got to throw the ball away or run," he said during "The Jay Cutler Show" on ESPN 1000 in Chicago. "Third down, fourth down, no matter what the situation is, I've got to do something better."

That almost sounded like Cutler actually taking responsibility for something. Maybe his GLD is finally in remission.

It's a start, I suppose. A glimmer of hope.

But with the 49ers and 0-2 looming, a season that started as a Bears fairy tale now seems to have little chance of ending happily ever after.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11505329&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B"ref"%3A"https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F"%7D

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Damn, Jay must a pissed in that guys Cheerios somewhere along the course of history

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One fucking game. I think most just have an understanding that it's too early to make proclamations. It's a little early for this article and the consensus on this board is that Cutler was a primary cause of that loss so the article has no teeth. Like this article, almost all the media blame Jay. Jay made a lot of remarkable throws (which may or may not have been the best options) that game that if caught (not easy) ESPN would have made him their highlight reel boy instead. Jay is Jay, never elite but you can win with him and can look elite on any given Sunday. He can lose to Buffalo but on a good day he can beat anybody. In Denver, he did just that before the season caught up with him. Until we can actually get something better, I don't understand all the hand ringing over it. Tooo many folks want to jump before looking for water in the pool.

Nick80

Not at the OP but the writer (who clearly resides on this board in the most extreme sense)

CakjE.png

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tooo many folks want to jump before looking for water in the pool.

This. You get rid of Cutler, who's your QB? Do we have a better option right now? No? So shut the fuck up and stop pissing and moaning about Cutler and let's see what happens.

(Of course directed at the article author)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not at the OP but the writer (who clearly resides on this board in the most extreme sense)

CakjE.png

Any excuse to use a Rhianna.
rihanna-surfboard.jpg

Or goatz
293968-Goatee-1321631317-341-640x480.jpg

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Sports journalism low-hanging fruit. Someone must have been up against a deadline.