2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

Chinese

Liked Posts:
Cutler 2-7 in last nine games

Rodgers is an elite quaterback. You're basically comparing Rodgers and cutler. And they are on whole different levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But paid the same or close to it. Rodgers elevates players and Cutler gets elevated by good players. Cutler can't make a mediocre WR look good but Aaron can. See my point. One is underpaid and the other is overpaid. One if them knows how to show up in big games the other doesn't even know what a big game is.

Last game we saw Cutler supporters turn to a cold heart. It's all over.

Yep we will ride with him and hope he does well.

What we saw in McCown last year is something Cutler never did EVER. You bet Cutler was shitting bricks for a good reason. He is lucky Josh didn't stick around because he will know that the crowd after this last game will be screaming for Josh.

Cutler is on the wrong side of 30 to be anything. I will chear for him but I have seen enuff of his bs INTs to put the blame on him.

Just remember in his last year in Denver he was sacked only 11 times and go look at how many ints he threw. Go look.

He never was a winner in college and has yet been one in NFL.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can we all just agree that Cutler is a mid level QB with a good offensive and a better, yet still bad defense? But unless you have the Seahawks willing to trade Wilson, or picking up another young QB from another team, I think we stuck.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can we all just agree that Cutler is a mid level QB with a good offensive and a better, yet still bad defense? But unless you have the Seahawks willing to trade Wilson, or picking up another young QB from another team, I think we stuck.

Very well said

Chinese

Liked Posts:

I agree but I would have been willing to ride a year with Josh and groom a young QB.
Do we honestly want to be okay with having Cutler whether we like it or not?

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
But paid the same or close to it. Rodgers elevates players and Cutler gets elevated by good players. Cutler can't make a mediocre WR look good but Aaron can. See my point. One is underpaid and the other is overpaid. One if them knows how to show up in big games the other doesn't even know what a big game is.

Last game we saw Cutler supporters turn to a cold heart. It's all over.

Yep we will ride with him and hope he does well.

What we saw in McCown last year is something Cutler never did EVER. You bet Cutler was shitting bricks for a good reason. He is lucky Josh didn't stick around because he will know that the crowd after this last game will be screaming for Josh.

Cutler is on the wrong side of 30 to be anything. I will chear for him but I have seen enuff of his bs INTs to put the blame on him.

Just remember in his last year in Denver he was sacked only 11 times and go look at how many ints he threw. Go look.

He never was a winner in college and has yet been one in NFL.

Yeah I know...McCown took care of the ball. He was smarter. He used Bennett and forte more. He dinked and dunked a lot. Oh well. Jay's our quaterback and I'm rooting for him. And if the bears win the Super Bowl with him. I'll be happy as shit. I'm just glad he isn't what we use to have. Though I do believe Orton could have been decent in this offense.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Thor more years!

9dbf2eb496b284ce4b159f815d38c4a4.jpg

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We are only one game into the year and we are having problems. I'd put it squarely on Kromer and Trestman. And one of their faults is not focusing their offense thru Forte. There should NEVER be another case where Cutler back pedals and throws off of his back foot. Seriously, Trestmen should take a damn crow bar to Cutler's head and make sure he doesn't do it. They do not need Cutler to make those throws. They have way too many weapons to have him force the damn ball.

It pisses me off that we had all of that talent on offense in that last game and we gave that game away. This offense, talent wise, should have scored 35 points at least. Why didn't they? The line blocked well. Forte had a great game. Bennett had a very good game and the receivers played over-all well. So why did they constantly stop drives all by themselves. Against a good defense, they stopped themselves. Ridiculous.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I don't think so. I think that Cutler is good enough to take the Bears to the play-offs. He is not elite, but he is good. that is enough.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think so. I think that Cutler is good enough to take the Bears to the play-offs. He is not elite, but he is good. that is enough.

Sounds like we do agree... with the QB's in the league that are better then him, being 'good' is about mid level.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler is a top 10-12 QB in the NFL. He makes mistakes. So does every damn QB.

I wish there was a way for some of you to sit in during a football meeting and try to comprehend/understand half the shit that goes into a specific play.It's so easy to blame the QB for every damn mistake because it's the simplest position to follow.

I applauded Cutler telling the media "You think you know, but you don't have any idea." That, to me, emphazied someone finally calling out the bullshit of morons for thinking "oh lolzz, he threw the ball to da wrong guy again. lolz he sucks."

Try to understand this. As it's only one play. I'm not saying Cutler doesn't make mistakes, he does. But maybe some of you should start realizing a lot more goes into the actual damn play than just a qb throwing the ball. Relying on a WR to be in the right spot is crucual. It's not backyard football. It's already been damn acknowledged Holmes didn't run the run the route. He instead run blocked. Shit happens. Whtaever. Get the fuck over it.

Some of you. My god. Bitch bitch bitch and bitch more about Cutler. I'll be sure to bump and quote some of you guys who want him axed, or crucify him for crap, at the end of the season so the rest of us can get a good laugh.

Enjoy the next possibly 7 years, haters.

I think there are more pressing issues that could be talked about. The D-Line, the O-Line injuries, the WR injuries, Mel Tuckers playcalling, Trestmans rise and so far lack of, after a fast 3-0 start last season finds the Bears 5-9.

But of course, you can continue on with the Cutler talk because it seems to fit for some. Easiest position to recognize. Easiest position to criticize.

See? A lot more goes into the plays. Start realizing that and maybe some will think a ltitle more in depth than just QB throw lolz
[video=youtube;_fZmwvM1Kko]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fZmwvM1Kko[/video]
As Cutler put it, "You think you know. But you don't."

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think there are more pressing issues that could be talked about. The D-Line, the O-Line injuries, the WR injuries, Mel Tuckers playcalling, Trestmans rise and so far lack of, after a fast 3-0 start last season finds the Bears 5-9

My worry is how fucking disorganized the offense looked, and how horrible playcalling was. The defense is exactly what I expected it to be. I read in a different thread that Cutler was audibling to runs. They had what a 3-1 pass:run ratio with the audibles? What the fuck were Trestman/Kromer thinking?

If an elite offensive team with a shit defense no longer has an elite offensive unit then you can rest assured they'll have very high draft picks next year.

[video=youtube;U7fjDS0jKiE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE[/video]

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
but not high enough. thanks, cutler!

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
My worry is how fucking disorganized the offense looked, and how horrible playcalling was. The defense is exactly what I expected it to be. I read in a different thread that Cutler was audibling to runs. They had what a 3-1 pass:run ratio with the audibles? What the fuck were Trestman/Kromer thinking?

If an elite offensive team with a shit defense no longer has an elite offensive unit then you can rest assured they'll have very high draft picks next year.

[video=youtube;U7fjDS0jKiE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE[/video]
I agree.

Nice to see some actual talk of substance with the Bears and football. It took me pages and pages worth of stuff to find a few who want to talk about some crap that happened during the game.

I didn't know Cutler was calling for runs. That's somewhat surprising, but also the same time I shouldn't be surprised. I just don't understand Trest's pass happy calling. It was almost Martz like.

I esepcially thought he would have dialed back the constant calling for passes after Jeffery/Marshall had injuries. I mean, shit, when Marshall was limping and obviously in pain; start calling some damn runs.

Add in Jeffery and Josh Morgan were all injured. That's your top 3 recievers, minus 3B in Wilson who is out. Who was left? Holmes and.... ?

It will get ugly if Jeffery and Marshall can't go. But I really don't see how they will be 100% come sunday, either of them. So you have Holmes, Forte and Marty...And a couple PS players. Going against the 49ers. In there breaking of the new stadium. On national nightgame. Coming in with 2-3 hurt Wr's and 2 of your oline lost and a D that looked horible.

Ugh.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Sonn that will be a girl and we will say, 'lets pound her'...

I am not amusing myself with that obvious comment.

I know. It's so fucking weird. But only in the comics it will be a girl.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
and he is talking about not disparaging people...lol

You quoted a part of a previous message and replied to it like a bitch. So I called you out on it. Be reasonable, use your brain, think about things before you post. If you can do that, then we can have a reasonable conversation like grown men.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler is a top 10-12 QB in the NFL. He makes mistakes. So does every damn QB.

I wish there was a way for some of you to sit in during a football meeting and try to comprehend/understand half the shit that goes into a specific play.It's so easy to blame the QB for every damn mistake because it's the simplest position to follow.

I applauded Cutler telling the media "You think you know, but you don't have any idea." That, to me, emphazied someone finally calling out the bullshit of morons for thinking "oh lolzz, he threw the ball to da wrong guy again. lolz he sucks."

Try to understand this. As it's only one play. I'm not saying Cutler doesn't make mistakes, he does. But maybe some of you should start realizing a lot more goes into the actual damn play than just a qb throwing the ball. Relying on a WR to be in the right spot is crucual. It's not backyard football. It's already been damn acknowledged Holmes didn't run the run the route. He instead run blocked. Shit happens. Whtaever. Get the fuck over it.

Some of you. My god. Bitch bitch bitch and bitch more about Cutler. I'll be sure to bump and quote some of you guys who want him axed, or crucify him for crap, at the end of the season so the rest of us can get a good laugh.

Enjoy the next possibly 7 years, haters.

I think there are more pressing issues that could be talked about. The D-Line, the O-Line injuries, the WR injuries, Mel Tuckers playcalling, Trestmans rise and so far lack of, after a fast 3-0 start last season finds the Bears 5-9.

But of course, you can continue on with the Cutler talk because it seems to fit for some. Easiest position to recognize. Easiest position to criticize.

See? A lot more goes into the plays. Start realizing that and maybe some will think a ltitle more in depth than just QB throw lolz
[video=youtube;_fZmwvM1Kko]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fZmwvM1Kko[/video]

Shucks, all that time game planning and they forgot to go over the don't throw the ball flat footed across your body right to a DT part.

AussieBear

Since 1986 the bears are 234 - 215 (including last week, but not including the playoffs)

the bears have been middle of the road for a long time...... but lets blame jay jeff george cutler.

AussieBear

Since 1986 the bears are 234 - 215 (including last week, but not including playoffs)

the bears have been middle of the road for a long time...... but lets blame jay jeff george cutler.

Also, during this time span of 28 years, they have only made the playoffs 10 times. yay... they're #1 they're #1