2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We have gone from "If the defense gives up only 20 points the Bears should win" to "It's not Jay Cutler's fault we lost".

By pointing these two absurdities out the response will be "There are 22 players on the team..."

Well done fellas...

Your like.... a fucking football prophet.... did you know that?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
We have gone from "If the defense gives up only 20 points the Bears should win" to "It's not Jay Cutler's fault we lost".

By pointing these two absurdities out the response will be "There are 22 players on the team..."

Well done fellas...
Starting the morning with a ...
Everyone-look-at-me.png
post.

I can see this day is going to go well.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Well done fellas...

It's not only this but the Cutler QB record junk that has done the same thing. A few years ago it was "Look at Cutler's record as a QB! He just wins!" Ignoring his crap play and the fact that he had a top flight defense driving the team.............Now that his record is starting to dive (2-7 over his last 9) the tune is "THERE IS MORE THAN JUST CUTLER OUT THERE!" I love the panic from the Cutler nut huggers.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
It's basic really you are is the same as you're but not the same as your.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's not only this but the Cutler QB record junk that has done the same thing. A few years ago it was "Look at Cutler's record as a QB! He just wins!" Ignoring his crap play and the fact that he had a top flight defense driving the team.............Now that his record is starting to dive (2-7 over his last 9) the tune is "THERE IS MORE THAN JUST CUTLER OUT THERE!" I love the panic from the Cutler nut huggers.
FirstTimer loves the smell of Cutler panic in the morning.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Speaking of circlejerks....

FLUSH

sewie

Liked Posts:
ESPN article on Cutler

In what turned out to be a phenomenal article written by David Fleming from ESPN, Jay Cutler was ripped apart. Fleming illustrates numerous reasons and events that compare Cutler to other players who are considered elite, and they all make Jay look bad. The main point of the story is to point out that “nothing is ever Jay Cutler’s fault” according to … well everyone.

“Nothing is ever Jay Cutler‘s fault.”

You might think, in a season opener at home against the bottom-feeding Bills, that a newly minted, $126 million, franchise quarterback with a single career playoff win who has had an entire franchise ripped apart and rebuilt to his exact specifications would, maybe, be to blame for throwing two picks that led to 10 easy points for Buffalo in a shocking 23-20 overtime loss.

And, like I said, you’d be wrong.”

Fleming goes on to say that the only franchise that Cutler should be running is a Denny’s.

“Given his track record of leadership, the only franchise Cutler should be running is a Denny’s.”

Still trying to figure out if this is a knock on Cutler, or a compliment to Denny’s…their pancakes are delicious.

Even though it appears harsh and a bit over the top, Fleming backs up his point strongly using numerous examples of other quarterbacks who have thrived with less and taken responsibility when things went wrong. One glaring comparison is the one he makes to Aaron Rodgers, basically saying he won a Super Bowl with a sub-par offensive line, riddled with injuries, yet Cutler needs “perfect protection” to be effective. Fleming goes on and on in the full story, it’s well worth a read.

Why Chicago Thinks Differently

The only thing Fleming lacks in his article about Cutler is faith. Cutler’s past surely makes it appear that history is repeating itself every time Chicago prepares for a new season. It’s also easy to say that Bears fans love Cutler simply because there hasn’t been a quarterback of his caliber in Chicago for a very long time, that’s somewhat true. Bears fans watched the team struggle to find offensive success for years and Cutler is the main ingredient for change. Answering the requests of your franchise player doesn’t make the Bears weak, or blind to Cutler’s weaknesses as indicated by Fleming. It simply shows that this organization will now commit to the success of it’s offense, even though their past history shows otherwise. They showed that when they paid Cutler a king’s ransom and when they hired Marc Trestman to be the head coach.

Chicago fans are extremely passionate and they have backed Jay to this point, but they won’t wait for Cutler to figure out greatness on his own watch. The contract is signed, the table is set – if Jay falls on his face this year, it’s safe to say the faith will be gone

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i think this is already posted in the 2014-2017 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread - It's a sticky, up top. :)

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nice link.

Also, I read part of that article. It was stupid. I think it was written by one of the Cutler haters from here.

Bottom line is, when Cutler plays poorly, or plays well but still makes dumb mistakes, he deserves SOME of the blame. SOME of the blame. The front office, coaches, the other 52 players on the team. I heard that they all have something to do with these football games, too.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I sense a lot of bitterness in this thread..The whole tone reeks of it

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All bad things are either 100% Cutler's fault or 100% not Cutler's fault.... he is a unique human being in this respect.

Personally I hold Jay Cutler 100% responsible for the rise of ISIS.

ISIS is a bunch of goat *******..Just ask Jack