2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
But he dwooped dah bawwww on dah growand!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
if he doesnt brace his fall, then its an easy concussion, which is exactly what rex ryan instructed his players to do...then it's jimmy clausen time

Mpov22

Liked Posts:
You don't give a fuck that your team's highly paid QB just released a football to the ground because he was too pussy to fall down? Are you serious? You're a fucking idiot.

LOLLLL @ a dude on a message board calling a football player a pussy

Twigg4075

Liked Posts:
That Jay Cutler fella is producing like a top 10 QB

we should really consider keeping him around

Really?

As glad as I am to see them win again, and they really should be 3-0 at this point, Cutler still seems like the same QB to me. The 49ers game seemed like a bit of an anomaly. He played pretty great that game but still should've had about three picks. Last night he probably should've had 4+ but again had a horseshoe up his ass and they were all dropped. Take away the pick six in the beginning of the game and the muffed punt recovery, plus the fumble that was whistled dead but should've been a TD and are you really saying the same thing about him today?

I hope I'm wrong and continues to step up and get wins.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think everyone who has been near too or in the anti-Cutler corner is just waiting for him to screw up so they can say "I told you so!" They won't be satisified until Cutler returns to Cutlers true form which I hear is a giant turnover machine.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Really?

As glad as I am to see them win again, and they really should be 3-0 at this point, Cutler still seems like the same QB to me. The 49ers game seemed like a bit of an anomaly. He played pretty great that game but still should've had about three picks. Last night he probably should've had 4+ but again had a horseshoe up his ass and they were all dropped. Take away the pick six in the beginning of the game and the muffed punt recovery, plus the fumble that was whistled dead but should've been a TD and are you really saying the same thing about him today?

I hope I'm wrong and continues to step up and get wins.

When you say things like this, you are basically announcing to the board that you do not watch any other quarterbacks play complete games. They all have frequent "dropped" interceptions, and frequently fumble sacked.

So, is Jay Cutler playing like a top ten quarterback? I'd say "no". The caliber of defenses in all three of his games so far this season, for this stretch, he is playing like a top 5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Some interesting notes that may cause some concern.

Cutler has had two non-interception games in a row. (He had a fumble so I can't say turnover)... He has not had 3 zero interception games in a row in his ENTIRE career.

In addition, its really hard to find Cutler put three good games together in a row during his Bears career...even his Denver career. He did do it in the 2009 season Week 2-Week 4 while the Bears played 3 teams who were pretty awful that season, though one was the defending champs (Pittsburgh).

He plays the Packers next, a team he has played historically awful against and is 1-9 against in his career. I will say last year I do not blame Jay Cutler for losing to the Packers as the defense clearly blew that game in numerous ways.

That said, he's had 1 good game against GB, 1 above average game against GB, in which the Bears did win in 2010, several average performances then several god awful performances. He has thrown some of his most boneheaded interceptions against GB.

So just a bit of caution coming into this week. I do hope Jay has turned a tide here and doesn't repeat history anymore.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some interesting notes that may cause some concern.

Cutler has had two non-interception games in a row. (He had a fumble so I can't say turnover)... He has not had 3 zero interception games in a row in his ENTIRE career.

In addition, its really hard to find Cutler put three good games together in a row during his Bears career...even his Denver career. He did do it in the 2009 season Week 2-Week 4 while the Bears played 3 teams who were pretty awful that season, though one was the defending champs (Pittsburgh).

He plays the Packers next, a team he has played historically awful against and is 1-9 against in his career. I will say last year I do not blame Jay Cutler for losing to the Packers as the defense clearly blew that game in numerous ways.

That said, he's had 1 good game against GB, 1 above average game against GB, in which the Bears did win in 2010, several average performances then several god awful performances. He has thrown some of his most boneheaded interceptions against GB.

So just a bit of caution coming into this week. I do hope Jay has turned a tide here and doesn't repeat history anymore.

The most important fact about Cutler's past performances against the Packers is this, his best performance came under Mark Trestman

Twigg4075

Liked Posts:
When you say things like this, you are basically saying to the board that he do not watch any other quarterbacks complete games. They all have frequent "dropped" interceptions, and frequently sacked.

So, is Jay Cutler playing with the top ten quarterback? I'd say "no". The caliber of defenses in all three of his games so far this season, for this stretch, he is playing like a top 5

Yet the Jets DBs are some of the worst in the league. Their defensive front is top notch but their backfield is horrible.

I watch plenty of football, I assure you. That's the great thing about the Ticket. Besides throwing a god awful pick in the Buffalo game, and what should've been a few more, he's thrown an inordinate amount of would be picks in week 2 and 3 as well. At least in comparison to the other QBs in the league that I have seen so far.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I think we're playing the Packers at a good time, their team is in shambles. If our front 4 can't get to Rodgers in this game, they suck. Rodgers should be sacked at least 3 times in this game

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
7-1 on MNF as a Bear.

Choisauce

Liked Posts:
That floater to Alshon on a 3rd down play on all out blitz late in the game was so purrty. Can anyone gif it?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
what are Jay's stats on MNF as a Bear? They showed the full stats last night and it was something ridiculous

Twigg4075

Liked Posts:
There's a reason why these shirts exist...

images

Guitarman

Liked Posts:
Why don't you think this a big deal? THat a QB fumbles a ball on purpose because he's too scared to let his shoulder his the ground. I'm shocked. Utterly amazed that you peolpe don't think that's the biggest pussy move you've ever seen.

Wow. You really are stretching now aren't you?