whick week do we start?

• Total voters

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler is only as good as the talent around him, like any non-elite quarterback. He makes nobody better, nobody worse. The personnel does that to him, the ultimate sign of not being an elite quarterback. Nevertheless, I like how he hasn't thrown an interception the last 2 games that were both on the road against really good defenses.

that's not true. you saw the Bears offense fall apart in 2011 without him right?

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just do not get all of this fucking Cutler hate. The guy just led the team against two very good defenses and threw no interceptions and ran for several first downs. IF this were virtually any other city, he'd have been loved. I think it is because he just doesn't fit the Chicago Bear "image". He is kind of aloof. He doesn't smile a lot. He's a bit goofy. Chicago Bear's fans want "warriors". We somehow want Cutler to be equal or better than the truly excellent QBs on some teams. I think these folks need to shake themselves and not expect Cutler to be a HOF kind of guy. Just accept him as a guy who wins more games than he loses and has done it without a good team in front of him. THE BIGGEST MISTAKE that Angelo ever did was not putting a good line in front of him because if he had, the Bears could have possibly won a championship or two.

Both teams have poor secondary play and bad pass rushes. They are both good against the run and have good reputations. I think Jay played well and if this is what he gives going forward the Bears can go far but there is no need to inflate the teams they played.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The fact that Brady is currently 2-1 and not 0-3 says other wise. Plus, they looked terrible early in the season last year as well and then guess what? He took that inferior talent to the NFCCG. And even if the wheels finally fall off this year he pretty much did it his whole career outside of when he had Moss and then a year or two of Gronk and Hernandez. Brady would likely have two more SBs at the least if they bothered to put talent around him on a regular basis. The success that he's had despite that not being the case is a testament to his ability to make others around him better.

I'm not knocking on Jay, that's a quality very few have, but to in anyway compare him to Brady is down right foolish.

And that has nothing to do with the fact that Bill is one of the premier defensive minds in History?

Guess who the Bears D is tied with for most Takeways in the league? Not to mention that their 2 wins came against Oakland's rookie QB, and the AP-less Vikings, and that D got 4 picks, and the special teams blocked a FG and returned it for a TD.

So, was the Patriots' spectacular play, due solely to Tommy making those guys better by high fiving them on the sideline? Because he was not on the field, nor calling the plays.

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
So, you saying that sometimes he has no idea who the fuck he's even throwing to? That would explain a thing or two.

You interpreted that wrong. Cutler knows he has 3 huge targets that will win jump balls. With a zero blitz coming and Jeffery in one on one coverage, it's hard to be mad at the throw he made. Now if threw it Holmes like that, we have another discussion on our hands.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some interesting notes that may cause some concern.

Cutler has had two non-interception games in a row. (He had a fumble so I can't say turnover)... He has not had 3 zero interception games in a row in his ENTIRE career.

In addition, its really hard to find Cutler put three good games together in a row during his Bears career...even his Denver career. He did do it in the 2009 season Week 2-Week 4 while the Bears played 3 teams who were pretty awful that season, though one was the defending champs (Pittsburgh).

He plays the Packers next, a team he has played historically awful against and is 1-9 against in his career. I will say last year I do not blame Jay Cutler for losing to the Packers as the defense clearly blew that game in numerous ways.

That said, he's had 1 good game against GB, 1 above average game against GB, in which the Bears did win in 2010, several average performances then several god awful performances. He has thrown some of his most boneheaded interceptions against GB.

So just a bit of caution coming into this week. I do hope Jay has turned a tide here and doesn't repeat history anymore.
My view on that is that he didn't have a good game against the Jets. We won and I'm happy but he played below par for his current self. Fans put more weight on results than seeing how their QB actually plays. He played great in SF even in the 1st 1/2 without results but kinda meh against the Jets. If it's about 3 good games in a row, he wont have that even if he plays great against GB. My biggest issue with Jay is you don't know which Jay you're getting on Sunday. I'll take it because he can win games he shouldn't as well and his bad should no longer be that bad. He's holding the ball with 2 hands and high, his mechanics are better and he's better understanding which risks are more worthwhile.

I'm less concerned with him throwing a pick than I am with him playing well and doing his part to win. He's won 3 games in a row plenty of times.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My view on that is that he didn't have a good game against the Jets. We won and I'm happy but he played below par for his current self. Fans put more weight on results than seeing how their QB actually plays. He played great in SF even in the 1st 1/2 without results but kinda meh against the Jets. If it's about 3 good games in a row, he wont have that even if he plays great against GB. My biggest issue with Jay is you don't know which Jay you're getting on Sunday. I'll take it because he can win games he shouldn't as well and his bad should no longer be that bad. He's holding the ball with 2 hands and high, his mechanics are better and he's better understanding which risks are more worthwhile.

I'm less concerned with him throwing a pick than I am with him playing well and doing his part to win. He's won 3 games in a row plenty of times.

He had a good game against the Jets. Finished his last drive w/points, and was efficient. Now was it "Holy crap! Did you see Cutler go off on MNF?!" good? No. But it was a good game none the less-especially when you take into consideration that the Jets have a very good defense, it was on the road, and he did not enjoy the benefit of an established running game.

I'll take it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Liked Posts:

A big part of good Jay is the line play. Under Lovie, it seems he was always looking at the O-line and was hesitant in the pocket. Last year and so far this year, he has much more confidence in his line and looks much more comfortable in the pocket. Probably helps to have 3 jump ball receivers as well.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Duplicate

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I do not think that NE is very good this year. They absolutely should have lost to the Raiders last week.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Both teams have poor secondary play and bad pass rushes. They are both good against the run and have good reputations. I think Jay played well and if this is what he gives going forward the Bears can go far but there is no need to inflate the teams they played.

Both the Jets' and Niners' Pass D are in the top half of the league, w/the Jets being in the top 10.

The Jets are leading the league in sacks.

Both the Jets and the Niners have top 10 defenses overall, and all 3 teams the Bears have faced are in the top 15.

Make no mistake about it, Cutler is ballin

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
This week will be a good test for Jay, hopefully he'll shred Capers D. Matthews will probably be the difference depending on whether he will/will not play.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Both the Jets' and Niners' Pass D are in the top half of the league, w/the Jets being in the top 10.

The Jets are leading the league in sacks.

Both the Jets and the Niners have top 10 defenses overall, and all 3 teams the Bears have faced are in the top 15.

Make no mistake about it, Cutler is ballin

Are you trying to tell me either of this teams has a good secondary?

San Francisco has worst 3rd down stop rate in league so far. Jets are 15.

Mpov22

Liked Posts:
I just do not get all of this fucking Cutler hate. The guy just led the team against two very good defenses and threw no interceptions and ran for several first downs. IF this were virtually any other city, he'd have been loved. I think it is because he just doesn't fit the Chicago Bear "image". He is kind of aloof. He doesn't smile a lot. He's a bit goofy. Chicago Bear's fans want "warriors". We somehow want Cutler to be equal or better than the truly excellent QBs on some teams. I think these folks need to shake themselves and not expect Cutler to be a HOF kind of guy. Just accept him as a guy who wins more games than he loses and has done it without a good team in front of him. THE BIGGEST MISTAKE that Angelo ever did was not putting a good line in front of him because if he had, the Bears could have possibly won a championship or two.

People love to bitch and the QB is the most important position so by default that's the direction it goes. Same thing with other teams, even the ones with QBs that are in the upper echelon

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really get tired of all of the Cutler hate on the part of Bear's "fans". He is a good quarterback. Very few people think he is elite and he isn't But he is damn good.
th

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Jay I was getting ready to anoint you. Now you're up to your old tricks

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk - now Free

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:
I can't defend cutler anymore

I always stood up for him, he is who is. He will always throw bad balls. We wil never ever win with him, in sad I realized this after we gave him this huge contract.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
Like you realizing it before the contract would have in any way stopped the contract from happening.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
no one gives a fuck or ever did about what you thought about cutler or think now op. you are a dumbshit for posting this and should probably fart in your mouth before posting again.