2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow. You really are stretching now aren't you?

The hate was showing a bit last night. I think he is all better now, I associate his outbursts with a bit too much of the ole vegetable oil if you know what I mean!

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
That floater to Alshon on a 3rd down play on all out blitz late in the game was so purrty. Can anyone gif it?

I wouldn't call it "purrty." It was awesome, because it happen to work out, but that sort of throw is also what results in a lot of dumb picks.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since dropped ints were such a topic of conversation last season...

Here is a running tally for this year. Feel free to correct or add in the thread.

1. McKelvin in OT right in the chest (WK 1)
2 Cox drop on overthrow into double coverage in 2Q (Wk 2)
3. Bethea drop on lofted ball into double coverage in 3Q (WK 2)

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2014/adjusted-interceptions-2013

Jay played well but since I said I would keep a running tally...
4. Jets DB dropped a classic funball/arm punt (wk3)

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jay played well but since I said I would keep a running tally...
4. Jets DB dropped a classic funball/arm punt (wk3)

The one where his arm was hit while he was throwing?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

james sanders

DE/OLB
Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler is only as good as the talent around him, like any non-elite quarterback. He makes nobody better, nobody worse. The personnel does that to him, the ultimate sign of not being an elite quarterback. Nevertheless, I like how he hasn't thrown an interception the last 2 games that were both on the road against really good defenses.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The one where his arm was hit while he was throwing?

I'm going to review the game but probably. If that was the long one on the left sideline, terrible drop with DB essentially muffing a punt.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jay Cutler is only as good as the talent around him, like any non-elite quarterback. He makes nobody better, nobody worse. The personnel does that to him, the ultimate sign of not being an elite quarterback. Nevertheless, I like how he hasn't thrown an interception the last 2 games that were both on the road against really good defenses.

I guess you can say the same thing about Brady huh?

This is hilarious.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol that's hilarious.

The talent around Tom is shyt, and he ain't making them better.

I don't care who the QB is, they need talent around them. Be it on the line, or at the skill positions.

Last edited:

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
The fact that Brady is currently 2-1 and not 0-3 says other wise. Plus, they looked terrible early in the season last year as well and then guess what? He took that inferior talent to the NFCCG. And even if the wheels finally fall off this year he pretty much did it his whole career outside of when he had Moss and then a year or two of Gronk and Hernandez. Brady would likely have two more SBs at the least if they bothered to put talent around him on a regular basis. The success that he's had despite that not being the case is a testament to his ability to make others around him better.

I'm not knocking on Jay, that's a quality very few have, but to in anyway compare him to Brady is down right foolish.

Liked Posts:
Why don't you think this a big deal? THat a QB fumbles a ball on purpose because he's too scared to let his shoulder his the ground. I'm shocked. Utterly amazed that you peolpe don't think that's the biggest pussy move you've ever seen.

To be fair, trying to switch the ball to the other hand is much different than fumbling on purpose.

Liked Posts:
Really?

As glad as I am to see them win again, and they really should be 3-0 at this point, Cutler still seems like the same QB to me. The 49ers game seemed like a bit of an anomaly. He played pretty great that game but still should've had about three picks. Last night he probably should've had 4+ but again had a horseshoe up his ass and they were all dropped. Take away the pick six in the beginning of the game and the muffed punt recovery, plus the fumble that was whistled dead but should've been a TD and are you really saying the same thing about him today?

I hope I'm wrong and continues to step up and get wins.

Using what ifs is walking a slippery slope. The game would have been completely different. Who knows how it would have turned out if not everything happened the way it did. The fact is the Bears won on the road 27-19. That's all that needs to be remembered.

Liked Posts:
Some interesting notes that may cause some concern.

Cutler has had two non-interception games in a row. (He had a fumble so I can't say turnover)... He has not had 3 zero interception games in a row in his ENTIRE career.

In addition, its really hard to find Cutler put three good games together in a row during his Bears career...even his Denver career. He did do it in the 2009 season Week 2-Week 4 while the Bears played 3 teams who were pretty awful that season, though one was the defending champs (Pittsburgh).

He plays the Packers next, a team he has played historically awful against and is 1-9 against in his career. I will say last year I do not blame Jay Cutler for losing to the Packers as the defense clearly blew that game in numerous ways.

That said, he's had 1 good game against GB, 1 above average game against GB, in which the Bears did win in 2010, several average performances then several god awful performances. He has thrown some of his most boneheaded interceptions against GB.

So just a bit of caution coming into this week. I do hope Jay has turned a tide here and doesn't repeat history anymore.

It's not just Jay that has changed though, it's the whole offense. Last year was his first year in Chicago playing with a truly talented offense. If he's going to have multiple good games in a row, this is the offense to do it with.

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't call it "purrty." It was awesome, because it happen to work out, but that sort of throw is also what results in a lot of dumb picks.

I disagree. He knew who he was throwing to, and a jump ball to Jeffery is going to play in the Bears favor more often than not.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
So, you saying that sometimes he has no idea who the fuck he's even throwing to? That would explain a thing or two.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To be fair, trying to switch the ball to the other hand is much different than fumbling on purpose.

He wasn't being slammed down hard. He could have just held on to the ball and gone to the ground with it in his grasp.

No matter, it didn't end up costing the team, so I'm over it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The talent around Tom is shyt, and he ain't making them better.

I don't care who the QB is, they need talent around them. Be it on the line, or at the skill positions.

What he said. SOme of the best quarterbacks never got recognition because of the shit teams put around them.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really get tired of all of the Cutler hate on the part of Bear's "fans". He is a good quarterback. Very few people think he is elite and he isn't But he is damn good.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just do not get all of this fucking Cutler hate. The guy just led the team against two very good defenses and threw no interceptions and ran for several first downs. IF this were virtually any other city, he'd have been loved. I think it is because he just doesn't fit the Chicago Bear "image". He is kind of aloof. He doesn't smile a lot. He's a bit goofy. Chicago Bear's fans want "warriors". We somehow want Cutler to be equal or better than the truly excellent QBs on some teams. I think these folks need to shake themselves and not expect Cutler to be a HOF kind of guy. Just accept him as a guy who wins more games than he loses and has done it without a good team in front of him. THE BIGGEST MISTAKE that Angelo ever did was not putting a good line in front of him because if he had, the Bears could have possibly won a championship or two.