CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blackhawks signed 2 AHL players this morning

Cameron Schilling
Michael Liambas

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Vermette could of taken that salary from a team with a chance to win the next 2 seasons. Arizona is one of the few teams it seems pretty certain they aren't in a great position to succeed next year. It seems he wants to go back there as it's like he would of moved yet, it really is still a hometown signing discount.

Age and what a player once was is still a factor. He has the draw skill for sure but maybe he didn't even want to come back to Chicago. Despite it settling down later if he picked up on the clue of how it is to deal with Q, he knows that Q is going to still be hard on him as he is on any center with his demands and his role will switch around all season in a hecktic way. Back on Arizona he's on both special teams units again in a settled role that he knows.

Not to mention Anisimov is entering his prime while Vermette is leaving his. Anisimov has better size and will have more offensive production in the Hawks system, and he is still a good all around center. Vermette was terrible for the most part in the system and only become a good niche role player in the last two playoff series. But emo fans want to make major financial commitments to rental role players who get hot during the playoffs. They've learned nothing from Bickell.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Not to mention Anisimov is entering his prime while Vermette is leaving his. Anisimov has better size and will have more offensive production in the Hawks system, and he is still a good all around center. Vermette was terrible for the most part in the system and only become a good niche role player in the last two playoff series. But emo fans want to make major financial commitments to rental role players who get hot during the playoffs. They've learned nothing from Bickell.

Vermette has had a good career, he is nothing like Bickell.

LOL

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Vermette has had a good career, he is nothing like Bickell.

LOL

Vermette's regular season in Q's system:

GPGAP+/-PIMPPGSHGGWGSS%
19033-26000240.0

I love how you bring up his single 60 point season that happened six years ago like it's the rule rather than the exception, when he's been on average a 30 point player since then.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8468535

Were you dropped as a child?

Ton

Liked Posts:
Vermette's regular season in Q's system:

GPGAP+/-PIMPPGSHGGWGSS%
19033-26000240.0

I love how you bring up his single 60 point season that happened six years ago like it's the rule rather than the exception, when he's been on average a 30 point player since then.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8468535

Were you dropped as a child?

Do you know how to count? He's averaged 43 points throughout his career on the Blue Jackets and Coyotes -- in case you weren't aware, those teams suck. He's a 40-50 point center who has durability and can win faceoffs. Anisimov has averaged 38, and hes going to be making almost $1M more next season than Vermette, can't win a faceoff, and gets injured every year.

Feel free to nail the guy for his regular season, getting thrown onto a team at the end of the season, and learning the system. If he had a full training camp, then maybe you'd have something. You can name hundreds of players that didn't produce in the regular season after being thrown onto a team after the deadline.

At the end of the day, it is what it is. I would rather have Vermette than Anisimov.

Last edited:

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Do you know how to count? He's averaged 43 points throughout his career on the Blue Jackets and Coyotes. Anisimov has averaged 38, and hes going to be making almost $1M more next season than Vermette.

What Antoine Vermette did 7-8 years ago is irrelevant to the 33-year old player he will be next season and going forward through his next contract. If that is a difficult principle for you to grasp, I'm sorry.

Ton

Liked Posts:
What Antoine Vermette did 7-8 years ago is irrelevant to the 33-year old player he will be next season and going forward through his next contract. If that is a difficult principle for you to grasp, I'm sorry.

No need to be sorry for me. You're the one that can't do simple math.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
No need to be sorry for me. You're the one that can't do simple math.

What a magical fancy-pants world you live in, that no player ever declines with age or produces less in a system that doesn't fit him, and where past performance is a guarantee on future results. Don't trip over your gumball doorstep when you leave the house, schnookums.

Ton

Liked Posts:
What a magical fancy-pants world you live in, that no player ever declines with age or produces less in a system that doesn't fit him, and where past performance is a guarantee on future results. Don't trip over your gumball doorstep when you leave the house, schnookums.

He's 32, not 42.

Please learn to count before replying to me.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Vermette over his time the last 3-4 years in Arizona has had the icetime just barely below typical 1st liner.. and around 3rd liner production. He's pretty much settled into that now and from quotes of him, he seemed to prefer that gifted role he gets in Arizona being a key PP figure and occasional 1st line center depending on how Hanzal's health is doing as he's never really healthy all year long and even when playing sometimes in games top ice-time swaps.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you know how to count? He's averaged 43 points throughout his career on the Blue Jackets and Coyotes -- in case you weren't aware, those teams suck. He's a 40-50 point center who has durability and can win faceoffs. Anisimov has averaged 38, and hes going to be making almost $1M more next season than Vermette, can't win a faceoff, and gets injured every year.

Feel free to nail the guy for his regular season, getting thrown onto a team at the end of the season, and learning the system. If he had a full training camp, then maybe you'd have something. You can name hundreds of players that didn't produce in the regular season after being thrown onto a team after the deadline.

At the end of the day, it is what it is. I would rather have Vermette than Anisimov.

...and Kyle Calder once led the Blackhawks in points with 59.
[video=youtube;zIdUlp3QAsk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIdUlp3QAsk[/video]

(laughing in a windowless room)

Ton

Liked Posts:
...and kyle calder once led the blackhawks in points with 59.
[video=youtube;zidulp3qask]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zidulp3qask[/video]

(laughing in a windowless room)

You watch your mouth about kyle calder!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Gotta say I haven't seen people this shaken by a Hawks made trade since the trade of Calder... when I looked in my mirrors and said, That's it, I'm done with you Hawks!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Gotta say I haven't seen people this shaken by a Hawks made trade since the trade of Calder... when I looked in my mirrors and said, That's it, I'm done with you Hawks!

You mean the first time they traded him away? Or when they re-acquired him and then shipped him off to Detroit within the same hour?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Very good very cruel point. :obama: but it was the cheapness of the 1st trade

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
https://twitter.com/ChrisKuc/status/616964370044727296

A move to resign Oduya would be contingent on moving Sharp first. Frankly, I'd rather see the Oduya retained for 2-3 years as opposed to Sharp because the Blackhawks have the forward depth to mitigate his loss (particularly if Tikhonov can play 3rd C letting TT slide up to 1st LW and physically mature for another year), and they'd just have to move him next year, while things are much dicier on the back end. Resigning Oduya would keep Johns/TVR on the 3rd pairing, which is not a bad look at all.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
There just was a report, from Eklund.... ... but that Oduya has an offer, was getting interest from LA/Det but may be holding off accepting the good offer he has by seeing if he can get a deal from Chicago.

Desjardins also is supposedly fielding interest then going to cycle back to see if Chicago has something for him... honest I don't really want him back. if it's no more tan 800K maybe, but I'd rather his role go to one of the Rockford Files

:yep: #CalledIt ...that's called bringing it back.

Desjardins signed a 2 year 800K avg deal to come back to the Hawks.