2015 NFL Wild Card Weekend

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People keep talking about the PI flag picked up, but why does no one talk about the Lion receiver holding onto the Cowboy defender's facemask right before the ball got there? Is everyone blind? If anything, they were offsetting penalties.

Offsetting penalties would have at least resulted in the play being a do-over not a loss of downs. I would be fine with that.

If Suh would have run out on the field without his helmet, you can be sure as shit he would have gotten flagged. Bias, not rigged, but bias none-the-less.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Adding a former official into the booth has been a reaction to the new and increasingly vague PI rules, along with the new rules designed to protect the players. Whether you like it or not, they have been able to clarify certain plays/penalties.

I don't think that they have. These rules are so fucking subjective it is ridiculous. In fact, that is a major problem in the game itself. But even when plays are so blatently obvious like that flag picked up and the unsportsmanlike penalty not getting called, the zebras still manage to fuck things up. GET RID OF THE REF IN THE BOOT, PLEASE!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Both Piriera on the broadcast and the NFL Head of officials, today, said the play was a penalty.

No way on earth was it a penalty on the WR.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree that it was a penalty according to the rules. They call it that way 99% of the time. But like I said, I don't like that it is and that it rewards under thrown balls when the defender is playing the man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Adam Schefter

Public Figure · 414,514 Likes
· 2 hrs · ..

NFL admitted to Lions today that officials missed a hold on Ndamukong Suh on the 4th-down conversion from Tony Romo to Jason Witten with 6 minutes left in the game (after the controversial Brandob Pettigrew play and before the Dallas TD). Had holding been called, it would have put Cowboys in 4th and 16 on Detroit side of the field. Dallas would have punted and Detroit still would have the lead. One person said that this is "even worse than the PI call/no call."

How 'bout the cowboys!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe they should stop stomping on people and they won't get screwed in the playoffs. :shrug:

I heard that argument today from a big time Cowboy honk. The NFL is a league of bullshit. It really is. They should have not allowed Suh to play in that game. But those refs were as one-sided as it gets.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard that argument today from a big time Cowboy honk. The NFL is a league of bullshit. It really is. They should have not allowed Suh to play in that game. But those refs were as one-sided as it gets.

That's all pretty true

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Adam Schefter

Public Figure · 414,514 Likes
· 2 hrs · ..

NFL admitted to Lions today that officials missed a hold on Ndamukong Suh on the 4th-down conversion from Tony Romo to Jason Witten with 6 minutes left in the game (after the controversial Brandob Pettigrew play and before the Dallas TD). Had holding been called, it would have put Cowboys in 4th and 16 on Detroit side of the field. Dallas would have punted and Detroit still would have the lead. One person said that this is "even worse than the PI call/no call."

How 'bout the cowboys!

Are they going to announce when they miss a holding call every time one is missed? Because I don't really appreciate that they are implying that the situation of the game has a bearing on whether they call a penalty or not. A penalty is a penalty, whether 1st quarter in the preseason or with 6 minutes left in a playoff game. Just shut up NFL. I appreciate my rigged soap opera. Please stop pointing out that it's rigged. Thanks.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Are they going to announce when they miss a holding call every time one is missed? Because I don't really appreciate that they are implying that the situation of the game has a bearing on whether they call a penalty or not. A penalty is a penalty, whether 1st quarter in the preseason or with 6 minutes left in a playoff game. Just shut up NFL. I appreciate my rigged soap opera. Please stop pointing out that it's rigged. Thanks.

Heck wrx appreciate it too if it were rigged for our team like it has been for yours!

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Excuses excuses excuses...that is what we Bear fans hear when we watch us get the worst of the calls in the NFL over the past several years (as we saw by that chart posted a week or so ago).....and quite a few on this board say excuses excuses.....there are bad calls on both sides.

So I will say there were bad calls on both sides (like the 3 non call PIs on 3rd downs vs Witten and Easley that ended drives) so enough with the Lions excuses for doing what they always do.....lose and suck...historically.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Excuses excuses excuses...that is what we Bear fans hear when we watch us get the worst of the calls in the NFL over the past several years (as we saw by that chart posted a week or so ago).....and quite a few on this board say excuses excuses.....there are bad calls on both sides.

So I will say there were bad calls on both sides (like the 3 non call PIs on 3rd downs vs Witten and Easley that ended drives) so enough with the Lions excuses for doing what they always do.....lose and suck...historically.

And yet they beat the bears the last 4 times they played........

Dchicago

Liked Posts:
The picked up flag before that was unbelieveable. Wonder if the Lions coach had anything to say about it? Ditka or Papa Bear would have probably died on the field after that happened!

Do people not realize the Cowboys got bad calls during the game as well? That flag pick up, was just making up for all the bad calls against Dallas in the first half. That being said, if I was a Lion's fan I would be ticked. However, the Cowboys won and it should be a good game in Green Bay.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do people not realize the Cowboys got bad calls during the game as well? That flag pick up, was just making up for all the bad calls against Dallas in the first half. That being said, if I was a Lion's fan I would be ticked. However, the Cowboys won and it should be a good game in Green Bay.

Green Bay is gonna stomp them Cowgirls!

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
And yet they beat the bears the last 4 times they played........

And yet the Bears slightly own the series 96 to 69... lmao... and have won a playoff game in the last 40 years and have a ring while the Lions franchise is well......a joke.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Dallas was called for 2 penalties in the 1st half.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

What are you whining about? Your team gets every call to go their way. This is like Bill Gates complaining he doesn't have enough money.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And yet the Bears slightly own the series 96 to 69... lmao... and have won a playoff game in the last 40 years and have a ring while the Lions franchise is well......a joke.

You go ahead and focus on ancient history while I put more stock in recent history, as big a joke as the Lions might be, we have been dominated by a joke of a team the last two years. Personally I could care less about how good we were 30 years ago.

moron

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are you whining about? Your team gets every call to go their way. This is like Bill Gates complaining he doesn't have enough money.

For one, I don't think you watch enough Packer games and you likely don't watch them with objectivity. I will gladly be in the Packers/Bears in game threads next season and we can objectively discuss the officiating. I think you will be surprised.

Two, the Packers were so obviously screwed in the Fail Mary game that it was the final straw in bringing back the real officials. Were the replacements not aware of the NFL conspiracy?

Regardless, if the conspiracy is proven true instead of simply Bears fans whining about it I would complain about it. I like rules and I like them followed and enforced regardless of situation or time of the game.