2018 Bears - Perception does NOT equal Reality

Devastator

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Again, your perception doesn’t jibe with reality. Not second in the league, but fourth. And that would still be all good....if games were cut in half and ended at halftime. The fact remains they’re 24th in the league in the second half and that speaks of them being significantly more vulnerable in the second half and a good team, and sometimes even a bad team, will and have already taken advantage of that fact.

If a team truly wants to be considered a top team in the league, they need to play the full 4 quarters of football.

They are 2nd in the league in points allowed and that’s all that matter. You can cherry picking any stat that you want to fit your narrative but the end result is all that matters to me.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ShyPlainFirecrest-max-1mb.gif

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are 2nd in the league in points allowed and that’s all that matter. You can cherry picking any stat that you want to fit your narrative but the end result is all that matters to me.

It’s all that matters for the perception you choose to have. Bottom line is, nobody else,with sense, believes a team can go to the top until they can play a full 4 quarters of football.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s all that matters for the perception you choose to have. Bottom line is, nobody else,with sense, believes a team can go to the top until they can play a full 4 quarters of football.

There is only one reality no matter how hard you try to spin it. 8-4

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is only one reality no matter how hard you try to spin it. 8-4

Last year it was the Vikes who had the better record than they actually were. They didn’t even provide a bump in the road on the Eagles path to the SB. They just rolled over cause they were in above their heads.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last year it was the Vikes who had the better record than they actually were. They didn’t even provide a bump in the road on the Eagles path to the SB. They just rolled over cause they were in above their heads.

OK. Cool. So your perception is that reality isnt reality?

To be perfectly honest.....
MgC9.gif

Im just enjoying the season.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK. Cool. So your perception is that reality isnt reality?

To be perfectly honest.....
MgC9.gif

Im just enjoying the season.

I thought they were in over their heads and it turned out they were so how do you get my perception wasn’t reality out of that?

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
We for sure need a name for Spartan's bullshit.

Tom Arrow

Liked Posts:
Not sure what point you're trying to make. Mack is the best player on arguably the best D in the NFL.

OK I'll argue about it since its arguably an arguable issue. They are not the best D in the NFL I'm not so sure they ever will be with Fangio running things. The Players are very very good if used properly. They haven't always been. Ref: Hampton and Obradovich

Tom Arrow

Liked Posts:
You could convince me if you get me the stat with the average lead entering the 2nd half vs. last year.

Defense seems stingy when a team is running out the clock and protecting a lead. Just like a defense seems soft when you are leading and the opponent is playing catch-up.

Then check these measurements against leadwide stats of high 1st half leading teams and the scoring defense in the second half.

Once you find correlation, or not, it will either support or detract from your argument.

The Bears have been in the position of having a nice lead many times and trying to run out the clock as this vaunted defense gave away yards and points like a sailor spending money on shore leave. I am suspicious of Fangio's game time management, but I will withhold my final take on him til the end of this season.