onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Not really? No, Really they give up a lot of 2nd half points. And you don’t really believe they give up 0 in the first half. The knock on Mack, while in Oakland, was he often does not show up in the 2nd half. Looks like he’s got the whole Bears D following that same mentality of slacking in the 2nd half. I know you people perceive giving up all these 2nd half points is no big deal but it is and will lead to the Bears downfall.

The Bears are top 5 in scoring D. Your inability to correctly assess statistics is worry-some

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears are top 5 in scoring D. Your inability to correctly assess statistics is worry-some

Thats good but what’s more important than giving up so many points? The turnover TDs are not sustainable. Can’t count on them. And then all you’re left with is a defense that opens the flood gates for their opponents in the second half. Let’s see if the Rams don’t take advantage of that weak 2nd half D.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Thats good but what’s more important than giving up so many points? The turnover TDs are not sustainable. Can’t count on them. And then all you’re left with is a defense that opens the flood gates for their opponents in the second half. Let’s see if the Rams don’t take advantage of that weak 2nd half D.

So you’ve resigned to Mack argument

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you’ve resigned to Mack argument

Huh? Not seeing his impact. Think the Bears could probably achieve #24, in 2nd half scoring allowed, without him. Hell, they achieved #1 without him last year.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Onebud why did you feed Spartan again?

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Isn't that a quote from a Mel Gibson movie. Straight from the script.

Nope, fuck Mel Gibson. Especially after that hilariously horrible movie - The Beaver. Was that supposed to a drama?. As bad as that movie where Sean Penn was a Special person lol

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
As Einstein said "reality is merely an illusion albeit a very persistent one". With that being said - all we have IS our perception. Maybe OP can retitle this thread before the idiot police shut down CCS because of it???

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Huh? Not seeing his impact. Think the Bears could probably achieve #24, in 2nd half scoring allowed, without him. Hell, they achieved #1 without him last year.

You could convince me if you get me the stat with the average lead entering the 2nd half vs. last year.

Defense seems stingy when a team is running out the clock and protecting a lead. Just like a defense seems soft when you are leading and the opponent is playing catch-up.

Then check these measurements against leadwide stats of high 1st half leading teams and the scoring defense in the second half.

Once you find correlation, or not, it will either support or detract from your argument.

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
As Einstein said "reality is merely an illusion albeit a very persistent one". With that being said - all we have IS our perception. Maybe OP can retitle this thread before the idiot police shut down CCS because of it???

No, you have the ability to know the truth. You must choose to use it. There is right and wrong perception.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
No, you have the ability to know the truth. You must choose to use it. There is right and wrong perception.

Hmm a matter of semantics in my mind.
To me - perception knows no right and no wrong. In my mind - perception can be defined as the becoming aware of something through our senses. Our senses can't decipher truths and non truths they just react in a more simple manner. You seem to be talking about using reasoning to make sense of a perception.

quicksand30

Liked Posts:
OP makes fair points, but couldn't any fan in the NFL write such an analysis about their team? It's true we can have "homer goggles" as fans, but we're also more critical of our own team. The Rams only have 1 loss, but I could a see a Rams fan writing a post about how the D gave up over 50 points, their schedule has been weak, and the Rams aren't as good New Orleans. Now I wouldn't take that position. They are a one-loss team after all. But I could see a Rams message boarder writing up something like that because fans find the flaws. Also, a team can be flawed and still compete for a Super Bowl if you make the playoffs. The 2007 Patriots were better than the 2007 Giants. But the 2007 Giants did on that day, at that time, with David Tyree. So Bears...just get in, and then let's see what happens!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Spartan is really working this hard..........good effort and hustle

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
He is getting his warrior spirit back.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You could convince me if you get me the stat with the average lead entering the 2nd half vs. last year.

Defense seems stingy when a team is running out the clock and protecting a lead. Just like a defense seems soft when you are leading and the opponent is playing catch-up.

Then check these measurements against leadwide stats of high 1st half leading teams and the scoring defense in the second half.

Once you find correlation, or not, it will either support or detract from your argument.

Makes no sense at all. Why would you want to do that for the Bears but not the other 23 teams in front of them?

I sincerely doubt the Bears plan to limit teams in the first half just so they can give up a ton of points in the 2nd half. I would also put more importance on limiting points in the second half, where close games are won and lost. Keep giving up a lot of 2nd half points and you start getting upset by real bad teams like the Dolphins and Giants.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Perception and reality are also not mutually exclusive.