2019 Free Agency/Trade Edition

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This morning I read Chicago is out on Panarin, and they expect to sign Bowman to a multi year extension. Can we make this guy prove it at some point?

Q is going to get him. HaHa...karma is a bitch.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Stan said he is looking for one year deals that can penalty kill and win faceoffs...

my money is on coming away with Johansson as the best fit, but the Perry experiment would be fine with Hawks depth.

I can live with those rumored to us on one year deals. But if they get four year deals just to prop up a gm treading water I’m going to be very disappointed

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am sick of these one year deals. That feel good Kunitz shit cost a year of development, and even possibly Ejdsell, who gave up and returned home after not getting to the nhl last year when the team was in a complete funk. Mainly because Kunitz lives here and was skating with the team in the off season.

Gotta start the clock ticking on these prospects and get them consistent time. All we watch are Keith and Seabrook making the same mistakes, clearing the puck at the blue paint, and kids get sent to rockford and eventually traded for it.

Kane starts to get breadman chemistry with Cat and they get split up since Toews is in a slump. Cant just call the Kane line the top line, cant take both Keith and Seabrook out of the top d pair, and now watch us keep two same side sticks together in the d pairings yet again.

Out of all the moves he made, the most un necessary was Hammer getting shipped out. He took less than he was worth, not the expected 6 million.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I have no problem with one year deals. They are a necessity in the salary cap era. And you usually get away from the guys just calling it in and happy to be in the league because they are working for their next contract. Unless it's a guy who is on his last contract and knows it.

Does anyone know when Stan's current deal is up, I hate that they play different games with front office than they do with players. Maybe he should have been offered a bridge contract.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

So who might it be? A couple of sources have told me that center Ryan Carpenter is on the radar, and is likely deciding between Chicago, Colorado and Boston. Carpenter is exactly the kind of player Bowman is looking at right now. He’s defensively sound (53.13 percent high-danger chances at 5-on-5, per Natural Stat Trick), he’s strong at the dot (52.6 percent) and he can kill penalties (1:15 of shorthanded ice time per game last season for Vegas). He wouldn’t be a terribly exciting addition, but if Kirby Dach can’t step right in and be the third-line center, a guy like Carpenter could bump Artem Anisimov (assuming he’s not moved after getting his July 1 bonus) to the wing and make the Blackhawks stronger down the middle.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The Blackhawks have been in contact with forward Pierre-Edouard Bellemare this week, according to a source. He doesn’t sound like he’s at the top of their list, but they’re keeping that option open. Like Carpenter, Bellemare would help the Blackhawks in an assortment of areas. Last season, according to Natural Stat Trick, Bellemare had a 54.22 Corsi percentage, a 56.14 expected-goals percentage, a 62.24 high-danger chance percentage and he won 54.7 percent of his overall faceoffs.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Holy shit, I just saw this comment. Which one of you ass clowns is Trevor... hahaha

Trevor B.
45m ago
Any thoughts of trying to make seabrook into a wing, would open up the defense?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can live with those rumored to us on one year deals. But if they get four year deals just to prop up a gm treading water I’m going to be very disappointed
I mean, with those 2 maybe they would prefer a year to increase their value...if they are worth 4/16...and we can get them at 1/4, then they produce, stay healthy, and get a 4/30

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy shit, I just saw this comment. Which one of you ass clowns is Trevor... hahaha

Trevor B.
45m ago

Get it together.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
So Hawks are out on Panarin, The Rangers superimposed his melon on a ranger player to have on the big screen when he met at the stadium, problem being, they used a lefty. Next meeting was with Colorado and Panarin sent his agent to get the pitch, did not even bother to go. Either his mind is made up or this guy is a bit of a flake.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Overpaid for Shaw IMO. But oh well.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
This is the pulse of this team. We have Krueger, have players like Nordstrom, Kero, Ejdesll to replace him, let him go, let them go or plant them in Rockford then bring him back.

We had Saad, would not take a bridge, dealt him away, claimed it was an even swap with the hit for Panarin, then send Panarin off when he does more that Saad ever did.

Shaw took longer to replace, but with Jewels, he finally got a replacement, instead, now Shaw is back.

Finally replaced Hammer with DaHaas, when will hammer be reacquired.

Really surprised, Bovquist, Joker, jewels, and sikora are still here.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Trevor B.
45m ago

There used to be a regular on this forum named Trevor.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now they get Perry OR Johanssen on a 1 year prove it deal with the rest of cap, and have several pieces to trade after showing some strength in Rockford or keeping a young surprise on the team like Saarella, Kurashev, Wedin, Quiennville, Dach, or Barrett...I am assuming Kubalic will make it and Barrett goes back to Penn St.

Saad and Shaw should ensure the bottom 6 is dangerous.

Last edited: