2019 Free Agency/Trade Edition

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Now they get Perry OR Johanssen on a 1 year prove it deal with the rest of cap, and have several pieces to trade after showing some strength in Rockford or keeping a young surprise on the team like Saarella, Kurashev, Wedin, Quiennville, Dach, or Barrett...I am assuming Kubalic will make it and Barrett goes back to Penn St.

Saad and Shaw should ensure the bottom 6 is dangerous.

Eventually dangerous. You know out of the gate they will be with Toews in one way or another.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cagguila-Toews-Kane

Cat-Strome-Perlini

Saad-AA-Shaw

-Kampf-

11th/12th/13
Kubalik/Entwhistle/Martinson/Fortin/Kurashev/Barratt/Wedin/Dach/Quinnville/Olafson/Knott/Saarela/Sikura

1. Keith
2. Gus (PP)

3. DeHaan (PK)
4. Seabs

5. Murphy (PK)
6. Maata (PK)

7. Joker (wildcard)
8. Dahlstrom

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Now they get Perry OR Johanssen on a 1 year prove it deal with the rest of cap, and have several pieces to trade after showing some strength in Rockford or keeping a young surprise on the team like Saarella, Kurashev, Wedin, Quiennville, Dach, or Barrett...I am assuming Kubalic will make it and Barrett goes back to Penn St.

Saad and Shaw should ensure the bottom 6 is dangerous.

I think we are still making one more trade

It’s painfully obvious all those young guys we have been waiting to see play isn’t going to happen for mr desperate gm. They still have what 7 mil in cap space? I see a trade because the contract is already dictated while in free agency we likely will end up over paying

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we are still making one more trade

It’s painfully obvious all those young guys we have been waiting to see play isn’t going to happen for mr desperate gm. They still have what 7 mil in cap space? I see a trade because the contract is already dictated while in free agency we likely will end up over paying
offer them both 1 yr, 6,000,000...overpay for one prove it year to increase their market value

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
offer them both 1 yr, 6,000,000...overpay for one prove it year to increase their market value

You do a pretty good job of breaking down the roster do we need both? Who looks like an odd ball on this team-except seabrook lol- that looks like is on the trade block?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Now they signed Ryan Carpenter, 53% faceoff guy in 68 games for the knights
3 years at a million per

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Kampf is back for 2 years at a million per, Luke Johnson has signed with the Minnesota Wild for 2 years.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cagguila-Toews-Kane

Cat-Strome-Perlini

Saad-AA-Shaw

-Kampf-

11th/12th/13- Pick 3
Kubalik/Dach/Entwhistle/Martinson/Fortin/Kurashev/Carpenter/Wedin/Dach/Quinnville/Olafson/Knott/Saarela/Sikura

Rasks top 10 Hawks FWD Prospects
1.Dach 2.Kurashev *3.Q 4.Saarela 5.Kubalik 6. Carpenter 6.Sikura 7.Entwhistle8.Martinson 9.Fortin 10. Wedin)
*(Barratt to remain with Penn St)

1. Keith
2. Gus (PP)

3. DeHaan (PK)
4. Seabs

5. Murphy (PK)
6. Maata (PK)

*7. Joker (wildcard)
8. Dahlstrom / Beudin / Tuulala

*(Bovquist, Mitchell to remain with their teams for now)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Free agent activity I still anxiously await!!

1. Confirmation on Perlini! Has that former first round pedigree and offers flexibility of playing up and down 4 lines with pretty good size at 6'3" 200lbs. The hold up is probably getting him at our price as his agent and myself are both surprised he isn't getting offers above a minimum at his age. Still one of my top 9 blackhawks fwds if signed and looks able to hold that for 2-3 more years.

2. My too good to be true would be Marcus Johannson on a one-year prove it.

3. Carpenter allows you to trade AA first chance you get, Johannson or no Johannson, Dach ready or not.

4. I'd like to see Saad/Murphy/Seabs/AA/Gus all thoroughly shopped with a young defenseman dangled as bait, and some of the Fortin/Sikura/Olafson/Martinson/Entwhistle/Q/Saarella ilk explored in packages for a talent or pick that will have a chance to stick around here.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Free agent activity I still anxiously await!!

1. Confirmation on Perlini! Has that former first round pedigree and offers flexibility of playing up and down 4 lines with pretty good size at 6'3" 200lbs. The hold up is probably getting him at our price as his agent and myself are both surprised he isn't getting offers above a minimum at his age. Still one of my top 9 blackhawks fwds if signed and looks able to hold that for 2-3 more years.

2. My too good to be true would be Marcus Johannson on a one-year prove it.

3. Carpenter allows you to trade AA first chance you get, Johannson or no Johannson, Dach ready or not.

4. I'd like to see Saad/Murphy/Seabs/AA/Gus all thoroughly shopped with a young defenseman dangled as bait, and some of the Fortin/Sikura/Olafson/Martinson/Entwhistle/Q/Saarella ilk explored in packages for a talent or pick that will have a chance to stick around here.

People been suggesting we trade AA since he signed that extension lol

How does the expansion draft figure into the strategy this season? Is it desperate gm moves or expansion draft moves hmmmm

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People been suggesting we trade AA since he signed that extension lol

How does the expansion draft figure into the strategy this season? Is it desperate gm moves or expansion draft moves hmmmm

It probably means they keep everything they can away from the club this year

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
FORWARDS
Cagguila-Toews-Kane

Cat-Strome-Perlini

Saad-AA-Shaw

Martinson/Kurashev-Kampf-Highmore/Kubalik

13. 5C Carpenter

CAMP BATTLE!!!!
4RW/4LW
Martinson and Highmore, favorites as the incumbents will face a diverse, fierce set of challengers in

Entwhistle/Fortin/Kurashev/Wedin/Dach/Quinnville/Olafson?/Knott?/elder Saarela/Sikura/Sikura/Kubalik

You have different ages and flavors of guys to choose from there. Deep competition so whoever wins has to step up and show something the Hawks can't do without. Force their hand or they are prepared to proceed just fine.

FWD DEPTH(Rasks: The next 12)

1.Dach 2.Kurashev 3. Kayumov(KHL) 4. Sikura/Sikura 5.Q2 6. Saarela/Saarela 7. Entwhistle 8. Wedin 9. Fortin 10. Teply 11.Olafson12.Knott

*(Barratt to remain with Penn St...is a top 3 fwd prospect if he decides to arrive)

DEFENSE
1. Keith
2. Gus (PP)

3. DeHaan (PK)
4. Seabs

5. Murphy (PK)
6. Maata (PK)

7. Joker (wildcard)

D DEPTH
Dahlstrom / Beudin / Tuulala / Vlasic

GOALIES
1. Crawford 2. Lehnar 3. Ward

G DEPTH
1. Lankenan 2. Gravel 3. Delia

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
FORWARDS
Cagguila-Toews-Kane

Cat-Strome-Perlini

Saad-AA-Shaw

Martinson/Kurashev-Kampf-Highmore/Kubalik

13. 5C Carpenter

CAMP BATTLE!!!!
4RW/4LW
Martinson and Highmore, favorites as the incumbents will face a diverse, fierce set of challengers in

Entwhistle/Fortin/Kurashev/Wedin/Dach/Quinnville/Olafson?/Knott?/elder Saarela/Sikura/Sikura/Kubalik

You have different ages and flavors of guys to choose from there. Deep competition so whoever wins has to step up and show something the Hawks can't do without. Force their hand or they are prepared to proceed just fine.

FWD DEPTH(Rasks: The next 12)

1.Dach 2.Kurashev 3. Kayumov(KHL) 4. Sikura/Sikura 5.Q2 6. Saarela/Saarela 7. Entwhistle 8. Wedin 9. Fortin 10. Teply 11.Olafson12.Knott

*(Barratt to remain with Penn St...is a top 3 fwd prospect if he decides to arrive)

DEFENSE
1. Keith
2. Gus (PP)

3. DeHaan (PK)
4. Seabs

5. Murphy (PK)
6. Maata (PK)

7. Joker (wildcard)

D DEPTH
Dahlstrom / Beudin / Tuulala / Vlasic

GOALIES
1. Crawford 2. Lehnar 3. Ward

G DEPTH
1. Lankenan 2. Gravel 3. Delia
Over/under Ward is not getting resigned.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I started that roster project to try and get a picture of what was going on.

I am not aware of every contract length...didn't know he was a one and done, but obviously not his best year in exposing circumstances...I hope he bounces back. He was better at times than guys from the AHL, but no Emery

Lehner/Crow have a chance to be somebody

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so 10 fwds I take it does not include Perlini yet?
and leaves us with two spots after he is signed if they shuttle out the 8th D-man.

They could select a scorer

Kubalik/Kurishev/Saarela/Q/Sikura

and a bruiser

Entwhistle/Martinson/Dach

is my guess...so that they have two directions they can take the bottom 6 on any night.

Dach can make the team by beating out AA as the best 3C, or by being the most skilled bruiser...imo...I see either spot as vulnerable to his level of player but he is probably just short of deserving that. He'll take one of those spots 13 months from now.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
yeah, no Perlini, only a million left and he wont sign for that.

At least from my view it looks like at least two forwards get to battle for the bottom line to get another K line.