2021 Cubs trade deadline thread

CSF77

Liked Posts:

One commenter made a decent point. Javy is a good 3B. Davis is a D hack. Bat is solid.

Javy has expressed the want to be there so extending is a non issue.

As far as deepening their rotation I'm not sure that Davies is good enough to be anything more than a depth piece to get their rotation healthy.

Bryant IMO Jed is better off dealing to a better farm system like the Giants.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Mets apparently looking at Davies in a package with Bryant or Baez.

I'd love to send Baez and Davies there. Then get hauls for Bryant and Kimbrel elsewhere. Be nice if someone got desperate for pitching and threw a crazy offer for Hendricks

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
No matter the result you were always going to say this. Teams paying salaries are getting decent returns.

dude you can’t just admit you were wrong about it. They are calling it the most active trade deadline in years and you’ll still sit over there defending your claim that it’s a buyers market. It’s not, you were wrong…stop doubling down on it. I wouldn’t give you so much shit for it if you didn’t act like a child about it

jts1207

Liked Posts:
dude you can’t just admit you were wrong about it. They are calling it the most active trade deadline in years and you’ll still sit over there defending your claim that it’s a buyers market. It’s not, you were wrong…stop doubling down on it. I wouldn’t give you so much shit for it if you didn’t act like a child about it

I’ll take Busters word for it over yours and returns you’re seeing for the likes of Schwarber confirm that. There’s a reason you might see a few more trades at deadline than usual but I’m sure you know that already

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Saying Toronto is leading
Hmm that's interesting. They have a pretty loaded system though. Hard for other teams to compete with their system. They should go after him and Kimbrel and might get to matchup with LAD in the world series

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’ll take Busters word for it over yours and returns you’re seeing for the likes of Schwarber confirm that. There’s a reason you might see a few more trades at deadline than usual but I’m sure you know that already

lol busters “word” you reference was weeks ago.