2023 Bulls Offseason Thread

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I mean I don't really care either way as his deal will probably be on the cheaper side, but knowing AK and the importance of "continuity" I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. There's not really any FA that will really help the Bulls in a significant way.

Also just pointing out a scenario where the Bulls can still add a player at the full MLE after re-signing pretty much all their players, a scenario which was previously not possible based on the projections of still having DJJ's contract and the salary cap being ~3M lower than it actually ended up being.
Ayo’s worthless in todays NBA game. One of my favorite Bulls, but shouldn’t be getting any minutes.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ayo’s worthless in todays NBA game. One of my favorite Bulls, but shouldn’t be getting any minutes.
He definitely needs to develop a consistent jumper to become relevant

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Don’t like giving up on PWill this early in his career for a guy that isn’t an all star but I do think van fleet with Lavine derozan and vooch could be solid
Yes solid but no contenders. Best way to become contenders is to just tank the next 2 years and build a squad organically

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don’t like giving up on PWill this early in his career for a guy that isn’t an all star but I do think van fleet with Lavine derozan and vooch could be solid
Feels a little like selling low on PWill, but I suppose he hasn't been that good and FVV isn't that bad so idk

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Feels a little like selling low on PWill, but I suppose he hasn't been that good and FVV isn't that bad so idk
For sure, it’s not a knock on FVV. He’s a really good player. I just think PWill’s potential is higher than FVV’s. Granted, as of today FVV is the better overall player

I’d rather the bulls find another way to get a solid PG, but I won’t rip my dick off if they do make this trade either

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes solid but no contenders. Best way to become contenders is to just tank the next 2 years and build a squad organically
Soooo you’re saying hang onto PWill, Coby, and Ayo?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Soooo you’re saying hang onto PWill, Coby, and Ayo?
No. Just start over altogether. Everyone goes. Just be like Spartan and embrace the suck.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
No. Just start over altogether. Everyone goes. Just be like Spartan and embrace the suck.
Well, building a squad organically means via the draft right? Those are the draft picks the bulls have made, so if you want to build organically you got to start with a foundation somewhere.

Otherwise, you’re just saying to build organically but you really mean be absolute trash of a team until you hit on a superstar lottery pick

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well, building a squad organically means via the draft right? Those are the draft picks the bulls have made, so if you want to build organically you got to start with a foundation somewhere.

Otherwise, you’re just saying to build organically but you really mean be absolute trash of a team until you hit on a superstar lottery pick
Correct. So tired of mediocrity. Wish that Rose never blew out his knee in 2012.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I feel like most people really mean suck until you draft a superstar when they say build through the draft.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
This team is in basketball hell. I still have no idea what AK is selling us here. I hope they can get out of it eventually but it's not looking good.