Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Carter is an interesting guy. Really good 3 point shooter and defender. Be interesting to see with more play time if he can keep hitting at that same clip from 3
Carter would be a much more interesting pickup if he was like 4-5 inches taller

That said, if he's shooting 39-41% on 3s at decent volume, that's huge. We saw how much better they started playing with Pat Bev and he couldn't even shoot so 3&D at the PG position is actually a fit for the roster still.

Not a crazy signing, but theoretically fills a need.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Building another mediocre team. Ceiling is the 7th seed.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
This franchise has no hope, direction, or common sense. It’s like they would rather stay in purgatory.

You're forgetting that purgatory might get them to sneak into the playoffs and get a couple extra home games before being bounced in round 1!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls have applied for the Disabled Player Exception for Lonzo. If granted, allows the Bulls up to 10.2M to use this year on one player acquisition. Lonzo will be ineligible to return this year which is a moot point anyway given he's already missing the season.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
While I know Carter and Craig are not moving the needle by any means, I can sorta see what the FO seems to be going for with these signings. Attempting to target 3&D players who are particularly good point of attack defenders. Obviously they're just trying to fill the void left by Lonzo's knee but fit wise, I can see how it makes sense.

Craig is a decent pickup because it at least gives another perimeter defender who can matchup size wise with the league's best and who has actually defended them well, or as well as a player near the vet minimum can. That potentially gives Caruso more freedom to disrupt things off the ball. What remains to be seen is if he can replicate his near 40% 3pt shooting, or if he will revert back close to that 32-34% mark he's had prior. I'm guessing the latter and we'll see plenty of Torrey Craig bricks this season.

Carter I have more faith in his ability to shoot at least, but it remains to be seen if BD will actually adjust his offense to generate more 3s.

All this to say, these signings make more sense than last year's. Would like to see another bigger player added like Mo Bamba, but not really holding out hope.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’d love to see the bulls go after PJ Washington

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Marko is officially waived and from what I've been able to tell the Lonzo DPE has been approved.

My current understanding is that without Marko the Bulls could theoretically take on a player at the full 10.2M DPE without going into the tax, but that still leaves 2 roster spots open. In theory opens up some room for creativity for some type of trade, but don't get your hopes up.

Bulls have 3 roster spots to fill and something around 11M to do so, assuming Ayo signs elsewhere, otherwise it's something like 6M for 2 spots.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Marko is officially waived and from what I've been able to tell the Lonzo DPE has been approved.

My current understanding is that without Marko the Bulls could theoretically take on a player at the full 10.2M DPE without going into the tax, but that still leaves 2 roster spots open. In theory opens up some room for creativity for some type of trade, but don't get your hopes up.

Bulls have 3 roster spots to fill and something around 11M to do so, assuming Ayo signs elsewhere, otherwise it's something like 6M for 2 spots.

They don’t have any of the MLE left? Can you combine the DPE and MLE?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They don’t have any of the MLE left? Can you combine the DPE and MLE?
They do have whatever is left on the MLE after Jevon Carter's contract. DPE and MLE cannot be combined

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The DPE sounds very confusing. Cowley was saying yesterday that it can't be approved until in season.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Ahhh Marko, the guy a couple years ago people on here thought would be a savior lol

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The other thing with the DPE is that it can only be used for a 1 year contract, I believe

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The DPE sounds very confusing. Cowley was saying yesterday that it can't be approved until in season.
I didn't see any such stipulation in any of the stuff I found, but it might just be a technicality if it does happen to be true.

Below article summarizes it pretty well

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The other thing with the DPE is that it can only be used for a 1 year contract, I believe
Correct, the contract of the player they acquire must be ending this year. So either 1 year signing (no options of any sort), pick up a player off the buy out market if before whatever the cutoff date was, or trade for an expiring contract.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I didn't see any such stipulation in any of the stuff I found, but it might just be a technicality if it does happen to be true.

Below article summarizes it pretty well

I’m going off what Cowley said.