2024 Bulls Offseason Thread

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I have no idea why Philly is not all over LaVine. He can be had for absurdly cheap and they can take him in outright with cap space. I think he would be fit great next to Embiid and Maxey as a 3rd option. Maybe if they don't get PG they'll pivot to Zach.
Philly only has 5players fully signed for next year, could be wrong.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Apparently the Bulls are now trying to attach a first round pick to entice team to trade for LaVine, and they're still getting rejected. It's been reported that there is "no market" for LaVine.

Well... I guess we'll have to ride this one out.
P.Will seemed to play better when LaVine wasn't out there, for whatever reason. With both players likely being back, and with the contract Williams just got.... it'll be interesting.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Apparently the Bulls are now trying to attach a first round pick to entice team to trade for LaVine, and they're still getting rejected. It's been reported that there is "no market" for LaVine.

Well... I guess we'll have to ride this one out.
P.Will seemed to play better when LaVine wasn't out there, for whatever reason. With both players likely being back, and with the contract Williams just got.... it'll be interesting.

Bulls would be stupid to attach a 1st round pick to move LaVine. Terrible signing by AK who should be fired already, but at this point, you keep LaVine and hope he could build up some value by the trade deadline. Without DeMar - and if he stays healthy - I could see him being productive offensively and some playoff/borderline playoff team getting desperate

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
No way I'm giving up a first to move LaVine that's insane. But I find it hard to believe teams like Charlotte, Detroit, Orlando, Jazz etc would not be jumping at the opportunity to improve their team while adding a first for their trouble. Zach is not Ben Simmons.

Last edited:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls offered the Warriors LaVine for Paul and Wiggins. The Warriors declined, then waived Paul.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I always knew that resigning LV was a massive mistake. Nobody wants to give up much for his big contract

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bulls would be stupid to attach a 1st round pick to move LaVine. Terrible signing by AK who should be fired already, but at this point, you keep LaVine and hope he could build up some value by the trade deadline. Without DeMar - and if he stays healthy - I could see him being productive offensively and some playoff/borderline playoff team getting desperate
I'd rather keep Lavine and hope he recovers 100% from injury and shows something on the court and then can be traded than to trade him with a 1st.

Teams get desperate all the time.. hell, his market could open back up after all the good FAs are gone and teams are struggling to make any sort of moves.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I always knew that resigning LV was a massive mistake. Nobody wants to give up much for his big contract
In a few seasons his contract isn't even going to be much.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Woj: Free agent center Jalen Smith has agreed on a three-year, $27 million contract with the Chicago Bulls

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
true or false....

you said when ZL was coming up for his extension that you would reluctantly give him the max extension over losing him for nothing

everyone was on board with the extension, so to now look back in hindsight and claim it was a terrible signing just seems silly when you yourself would have made the same move

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Bulls offered the Warriors LaVine for Paul and Wiggins. The Warriors declined, then waived Paul.
This doesn't even work money wise.

Woj: Free agent center Jalen Smith has agreed on a three-year, $27 million contract with the Chicago Bulls
I'm honestly liking this offseason so far.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I’m guessing the next move is a DeMar S&T to either the Lakers or Clippers

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’m guessing the next move is a DeMar S&T to either the Lakers or Clippers
then we can finally maybe move on to 2024 basketball

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
true or false....

you said when ZL was coming up for his extension that you would reluctantly give him the max extension over losing him for nothing

everyone was on board with the extension, so to now look back in hindsight and claim it was a terrible signing just seems silly when you yourself would have made the same move
Not me, as the resident ZL hater on this board I never wanted him on this team in the first place, as you well recall.

To clarify, I don't "love" or "hate" any athlete because I'm a grown-ass man, but I hated the fact that his style of play never made his teammates any better and he was a stat-filler, and his D was shite (though it has improved) and he had an injury history.

Now I have conceded more than once that I was wrong about his initial 4 year $80 million contract, but ultimately he has become an albatross. I do NOT blame the player for this predicament, the blame lays entirely in the FO.

I just wish the fans would stop packing the home games otherwise there is no financial incentive for these dipshits to ever change course.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Not me, as the resident ZL hater on this board I never wanted him on this team in the first place, as you well recall.

To clarify, I don't "love" or "hate" any athlete because I'm a grown-ass man, but I hated the fact that his style of play never made his teammates any better and he was a stat-filler, and his D was shite (though it has improved) and he had an injury history.

Now I have conceded more than once that I was wrong about his initial 4 year $80 million contract, but ultimately he has become an albatross. I do NOT blame the player for this predicament, the blame lays entirely in the FO.

I just wish the fans would stop packing the home games otherwise there is no financial incentive for these dipshits to ever change course.
this is true....you were the 1 person on here vehemently against it. you were alone in that opinion from what i recall. not that everyone here thought he was worth that max contract $$, but they felt it was the better alternative to letting him walk for nothing

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
this is true....you were the 1 person on here vehemently against it. you were alone in that opinion from what i recall. not that everyone here thought he was worth that max contract $$, but they felt it was the better alternative to letting him walk for nothing
I was for signing him even if the team would be mid as usual but it was mostly cause of these crazy trades netting tank teams 2-4 first round picks for players. It kind of nuts everyone is tradeable in this league rn except lavine. I really didn’t see that coming

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I was for signing him even if the team would be mid as usual but it was mostly cause of these crazy trades netting tank teams 2-4 first round picks for players. It kind of nuts everyone is tradeable in this league rn except lavine. I really didn’t see that coming
which is why i dont buy the whole narrative that he is untradeable

i think it was @Axl Rose that mentioned how a trade of wiggins and paul for lavine wouldnt even work despite it being reported that it was proposed and declined by GS. i dont buy that report