Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Woj: Free agent center Jalen Smith has agreed on a three-year, $27 million contract with the Chicago Bulls

STICKS!

Add another 10 points and 5 boards to that overall box score!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I was always against acquiring LV from the initial trade. Never been a fan of his.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I will say that I was in favor of him getting the max. I am no longer in favor of him being on this team.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’m guessing demar ends up in LA with Lebron

I imagine it’d involve a sign and trade. I wonder what we could get back? I know it wouldn’t be much, but still curious

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I’m guessing demar ends up in LA with Lebron

I imagine it’d involve a sign and trade. I wonder what we could get back? I know it wouldn’t be much, but still curious
Woj made mention that the Lakers would still have to move things around to make a deal for DeMarr work.

Apparently Sacramento is a dark horse. I'll take Keegan Murray or Kevin Huerter in a S&T with a pick.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Woj made mention that the Lakers would still have to move things around to make a deal for DeMarr work.

Apparently Sacramento is a dark horse. I'll take Keegan Murray or Kevin Huerter in a S&T with a pick.
I’ve heard the Huerter rumor before, too. I’d be all for that deal, but something tells me Demar isn’t as interested in Sacramento and for some reason Chicago sports ownership loves to “do right” by players leaving lol

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve heard the Huerter rumor before, too. I’d be all for that deal, but something tells me Demar isn’t as interested in Sacramento and for some reason Chicago sports ownership loves to “do right” by players leaving lol
Seems Demar isnt willing to sign a mid level exemption which is why Lebron didnt take a pay cut.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Seems Demar isnt willing to sign a mid level exemption which is why Lebron didnt take a pay cut.
yep, which is why i suggested/expected a sign and trade of demar

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
If there is a S&T I think it will be DeMar to the Kings for Huerter. It just seems to fit the type of offseason we have had thus far. Miami and LA have nothing (realistically) and we shouldn't burden ourselves with their junk.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If there is a S&T I think it will be DeMar to the Kings for Huerter. It just seems to fit the type of offseason we have had thus far. Miami and LA have nothing (realistically) and we shouldn't burden ourselves with their junk.
I would think you could grab a pick with Huerter. JMO.

EDIT: protected pick, of course. According to this site you can't get a first until 26.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
DeMar and Carter for Huerter and a 26 top 10 protected pick.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I don’t think it’s that far fetched 🤷‍♂️

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
And here they are, going in the wrong direction, and they are convinced they need to keep trying to kickstart an old moped without standing up.

Before the Lonzo move, I was okay with the weird experiment they were trying to do. I'm bored and have watched an unhealthy life-times worth of basketball, show me if a stupid idea works.
Year goes by, they pretty much showed their hand with the Caruso trade. Because they like him so much, they *know* he has no chance to win here, because THEY don't have the confidence and foresight to commit to breakout players that develop within your own system, or OTHER TEAMS quiet breakouts, that those other teams couldn't take advantage of. Its a cycle of stupidity.

Now I am left to wonder if AK and the owners truly realize this issue. Whether or not they understand AND continue to jeopardize the team this way, or they start to see this approach and de-commit from one system and adopt a better one. The latter will be the only saving grace here. The fans quietly have rejected this front office, and the only people that are holding out on the Ball fantasy, is because they bought the hype without real proof, from the single biggest sports marketing campaign a father has ever committed to for his children.

Am I wrong? Lonzo is the biggest scrub on this team, he just gets pity passes by the hype followers. That was the worst move you could make, and all the fans get are excuses. It's as if you think by bringing him here, he'll act as a Magnet for elite talent? Yeah, no. Not many players want to play on a team with that big mouth father, even if he's tame now. ANY GM that thinks it's smart to sign(not draft, drafting is a risk:reward, reaches done all the time, they don't kill teams, just slow progress if you draft poorly) a Ball family member, has not approached all of the crazy involved here, and that's strike #1 for me. Circus teams are a clown show.

Now if Giddey winds up being a good asset or not, time will tell if that's strike #2.
And if PWill isn't an All-Star next season. Strike #3. That's MY opinion, not saying everyone has the same one.

Some people gave them Strike #1 the second AK was brought on,.... Or the moment Pax got fired, because a lot of casual fans still like Mr. 3.9seconds for that shot highlight, and will blindly root for him to turn it around, so Strike #1 to anyone who follows who wasn't a part of my Childhood Bulls! Yeah, we luckily don't have anyone here like that, but on other Bulls forums, lots of people just saw GM criticism as a part of the game and none of it means the GM was bad, due in part to all the Krause hate from both the Sun-Times and Tribune. Kinda numb to it. So people like us who are sane about when you decide to replace a GM/VP, etc, needs to signal to the market that we don't fire our coaches, staff, and players in the middle of a 10 year build, on repeat. Fans need to adopt a realistic goal-set approach to how we support the team. That's kind of what being a fan is. And fans are typically the opposites of critics, while it's good to critic yourself, it's illogical to criticize something where everyone involved is still a better player than you. Keep going in more circles.... but you know what? We all fall for that trap, and I truly do blame the owners for that, the ESPN style of sports reporting that replaced, the far superior Wild World of Sports model in society, they are spinning us around, making it impossible to enjoy watching. This coming from a person on this forum that watches Basketball as a primary. I stopped watching every Bears game, or even just key Cubs and Sox games. Hawks games always good, they aren't always a winner, but they always have entertaining players. So All I really give a shit about are the Bulls. So to watch and see them form a systematic front office system, building it deeper and deeper away from reality of sports, but a pure profit model, the quicker we all know this team will not win by design, not by bad gambling and unfortunate injuries.

Fans hate the Knicks model.
Strict investment owners love it.

That being said. I'm going to commit a break until Christmas from the trends and pre-pre-seasons. The summer leagues, the college recruiting. I'm going to find something better to do with my time between now and then. And I'm going to try a bandwagon approach, because I've stopped attacking bandwagoners decades ago, but I'm now just starting to understand why they live longer.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
yes, you are wrong

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Has Levar Ball been on television since his kid got kicked out of ucla?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Bulls actually made a good trade! Didnt take back some terrible contract or sign some bum to a big deal.