Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
There could be 5 QBs selected in the first 5 picks...

If that happens Bears will get a difference maker available at 9
That is the ideal scenario. The only way to make it better would be CB 1 going before 9 too.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Everybody's like "but Detroit" like we didn't beat them handily last year, and almost (should've) beat them in their own stadium.
Yep. Bears were easily better than them. I’m not sweating those losers from Detroit.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Everybody's like "but Detroit" like we didn't beat them handily last year, and almost (should've) beat them in their own stadium.
Bears fans keep echoing this, but these division games are always pretty hard fought. Beating a divisional opponent doesn't somehow make the Bears a SB contender lol.

By that whole measure, what exactly does it say that this team still can't be the GB Packers... ? But DET seams to do well against GB... ? Hoes does that work (rhetorical question)?

Yogi

Liked Posts:
The NFC is so overdue for a QB to dominate the conference.

Even with Rodgers and Brees, over the last 20 years the NFC has been represented by 18 different QBs in the Super Bowl. 16 guys who only made it once, and 2 guys that made it twice (Eli and Russ), with none more than that.

In contrast, the AFC in the last 20 seasons has only sent 6 different QBs to the Super Bowl, with 4 of them appearing at least 3x (Brady, Ben, Manning, and Mahomes), with only 2 guys just making it once (Burrow and Flacco).

This is also the first time a QB this hyped is going to the NFC since... ever? Mike Vick maybe? (he was so different than what came before that it was hard to project his success, but certainly was hyped). Aikman, Stafford, and Newton were locks for #1OA, but don't really get mentioned in the same conversations as Elway, Manning, Luck, Burrow, and Lawrence as prospects.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sooo, any news about CW visit and taking his medical? Time to whip this place and twitter back into a frenzy. lol.

Heard it was gonna be after Easter. If it is being withheld, shits gonna get crazy in next 3 weeks.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Just noticed and can’t find an answer: why is the 2nd rd order, barring trades, different from the 1st.

For example: The Bears traded there 2nd rd pick, which should have been 9th pick in that round but Washington is now picking 8th in rd. Atlanta is picking 13th and Washington is behind NE & Arizona, no trades involved.

IMG_7168.jpeg

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just noticed and can’t find an answer: why is the 2nd rd order, barring trades, different from the 1st.

For example: The Bears traded there 2nd rd pick, which should have been 9th pick in that round but Washington is now picking 8th in rd. Atlanta is picking 13th and Washington is behind NE & Arizona, no trades involved.

View attachment 36677
Not positive right off the top of my head, but in years past we discussed on here and I think the answer was similar records rotate after the first round.

RuszBron1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Today I spend most of this morning researching who possibly Poles will draft at #9 . Most people point to DE Verse as the pick largely because there will be run on Qb's , OL, and WR. Thoughts?

Yogi

Liked Posts:

For teams with the same record, the tiebreakers will determine the initial round order, and then it rotates for following rounds. So ATL, CHI, MIN, and NYJ all finished 7-10, and tiebreakers puts it ATL>CHI>NYJ>MIN. Then in round 2, ATL goes to the back of the line, so it's CHI>NYJ>MIN>ATL, and in round 3 we'll go to the back of the line, etc, through all rounds.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Bears fans keep echoing this, but these division games are always pretty hard fought. Beating a divisional opponent doesn't somehow make the Bears a SB contender lol.

By that whole measure, what exactly does it say that this team still can't be the GB Packers... ? But DET seams to do well against GB... ? Hoes does that work (rhetorical question)?
Nobody is saying Superbowl for the Bears. I think we can all agree the team was one or two games from being a playoff team last year. I think we're assuming better QB play and full season of the defense with Sweat and young players maturing means a better defense as well.

Also, I'll answer your rhetorical question because if you follow football close enough to post on a random Bears message board then you should know the transitive property doesn't apply.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Today I spend most of this morning researching who possibly Poles will draft at #9 . Most people point to DE Verse as the pick largely because there will be run on Qb's , OL, and WR. Thoughts?
I see Odunze mocked to be available for the Bears at 9 pretty often.

If all three of the top WRs are gone then Verse seems to be the most logical choice for the Bears based on talent/ranking + need (assuming Turner is gone).

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
For teams with the same record, the tiebreakers will determine the initial round order, and then it rotates for following rounds. So ATL, CHI, MIN, and NYJ all finished 7-10, and tiebreakers puts it ATL>CHI>NYJ>MIN. Then in round 2, ATL goes to the back of the line, so it's CHI>NYJ>MIN>ATL, and in round 3 we'll go to the back of the line, etc, through all rounds.
Thank you

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:
I think DE is top priority however if Rome Falls then Poles needs to evaluate top need vs higher ranked talent.
If though Allen is 32 I think WR3 is more of a luxury and considering the strength of the WR in the draft where you can get someone in the 3rd-5th rds, im inclined to go DE at #9 as there is a drop off after the big 3. Robinson combine was off the charts, but why wasnt the production there.
If WR is #1 the bears should look to trade up to grab Braswell, Trice or maybe Darius Robinson at DE.