Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
2 OTs before 9 would be sweet - I like Alt a lot but the other 1st round OTs don’t have the same ceiling to me. I still think it’s gone be Odunze available at 9.
I love the idea of Odunze and would personally run to the podium to pick him. When you combine his physical skill with his intelligence, he’d be a great addition. Plus, he’s excited about the possibility of playing with Williams.

Penix Jr. talked about how Odunze never goes less than 100 percent in practice and games on every rep and that he’s always were he supposed to be. That attitude and effort builds trust with any QB.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I love the idea of Odunze and would personally run to the podium to pick him. When you combine his physical skill with his intelligence, he’d be a great addition. Plus, he’s excited about the possibility of playing with Williams.

Penix Jr. talked about how Odunze never goes less than 100 percent in practice and games on every rep and that he’s always were he supposed to be. That attitude and effort builds trust with any QB.
I also think that if Odunze could take advantage of his time with Keenan Allen and sponge up a fraction of Allens route running technique and savvy he could be an incredible WR with the size and athleticism he already has. If he wants to be the best pro he can be Rome needs to basically be Allens shadow for a year but man the pay off could be huge.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
2 OTs before 9 would be sweet - I like Alt a lot but the other 1st round OTs don’t have the same ceiling to me. I still think it’s gone be Odunze available at 9.
there is just no way to know whats gonna happen, i think it was a few days before last years draft where levis was around +500 to go number 1 and ended up in the 2nd rd...each qb has their own positives...jjmc has won everywhere hes gone, has talent and good size but is inexperienced playing in a heavy run scheme. daniels has lots of talent but clearly put on weight for his pro day and dont see him sustaining that weight in the NFL, 1-2 reads and takes off running instead of looking to throw. Also has issues throwing in the middle of the field but could be more scheme design than ability... Maye has crazy talent but just lots of inconsistencies with footwork and some terrible decision making.

maybe teams do go crazy and take 4 qb in the top 10 due to the lack of qbs expected in 2025...i'm just saying it wouldnt suprise at all if one of these guys falls out of the top 10...

monkforasia

Liked Posts:

Have a sneaky suspicion that giants will take him. Even over nabera. Think they want to pair him up with penix.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am predicting the Jets are a surprise team to draft QB in 1st round.
I don’t think that would be that big of a surprise. AR12 is on his last leg and Wilson is a bust. Need someone in the pipeline who has some sort of starter upside.

What would be somewhat surprising is if they traded up to get one. But that would be good for the Bears, one more blue chip player dropping to 9.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don’t think that would be that big of a surprise. AR12 is on his last leg and Wilson is a bust. Need someone in the pipeline who has some sort of starter upside.

What would be somewhat surprising is if they traded up to get one. But that would be good for the Bears, one more blue chip player dropping to 9.
Word is that the Jest are actually trying to trade down from #10.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Jets are going to go after it with Rodgers this year, doubt they spend their highest pick on someone who won't play barring injury.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Word is that the Jest are actually trying to trade down from #10.
now, why would they decide to do that in such a shallow draft?!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
USA Today published a mock this morning.

Check this out:

"1. Chicago Bears (via Carolina Panthers): QB Caleb Williams, USC​

USATSI_21928224.jpg

Jason Parkhurst-USA TODAY Sports
Team needs: QB, LB, EDGE, OL, WR
Anyone other than Williams at No. 1 would be a massive surprise. The former Heisman Trophy winner’s stock has only risen even after he opted out of pre-draft testing. It’s not difficult to see why.
Williams is a dynamic playmaker, and while much has been made of his patience and ability to see plays through as designed, that’s a trait he can learn on the fly. The simple fact is game-changers like him only come along every so often. He can make jaw-dropping throws look routine. Now he just has to lock down the routine side of things.

2. Daniels
3. Vikings trade up for Maye
4. MHJ
5. Denver trades up for JJ McCarthy
6. Odunze
7. Alt
8. Latu

9. Chicago Bears: WR Malik Nabers, LSU​

USATSI_21823833.jpg
Gary Cosby Jr.-USA TODAY Sports
Team needs: QB, LB, EDGE, OL, WR
The Titans’ acquisition of Calvin Ridley and the Vikings’ eagerness to trade up works out perfectly for the Bears, who now get the chance to add a top three wide receiver from this year’s stacked class. The question is whether they’d want to after acquiring Keenan Allen from the Chargers, but Allen turns 32 before the draft and it would make sense to have a replacement in mind — or just someone to give Chicago three uncoverable wide receivers to speed Caleb Williams’ development.
Nabers could be 2024’s top wideout. He’s the next link in LSU’s wideout chain of greatness and a player capable of living up to the standard guys like Odell Beckham Jr. and Justin Jefferson set before him. He can roast cornerbacks with any route in the playbook, but he also excels when it comes to going off script and finding space to boost a scrambling quarterback.
And now he gets to play with Caleb Williams? My word."

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
From PFT:

The betting odds have 4 QBs and MHJ as the first 5 picks.

If that plays out, the math becomes easy even for the “he’s not going to be at 9” crowd.

The Bears would be looking at one of Alt, Nabers, Odunze or Turner.

At 6 through 8, the best thing that can happen for the Bears is a reach for QB 5 or CB 1 getting selected.
CB1 is something I was thinking about. There are some really good CBs in this draft. That’s quite the premium position. One of them go before 9 and somebody we want is definitely dropping.

After talking to some friends, I’m thinking LAC goes OT. Crazy as it sounds, Harbaugh may go for a ground and pound team. Watch him draft OT and a couple of big backs. He’s going to party like it’s 1999!

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jets are going to go after it with Rodgers this year, doubt they spend their highest pick on someone who won't play barring injury.
Correct. I can see them taking a QB later but they are going to go all-in to win it all around AR right now. I guarantee that AR is in their ear about getting OL help, or another skill position player

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
CB1 is something I was thinking about. There are some really good CBs in this draft. That’s quite the premium position. One of them go before 9 and somebody we want is definitely dropping.

After talking to some friends, I’m thinking LAC goes OT. Crazy as it sounds, Harbaugh may go for a ground and pound team. Watch him draft OT na da couple of big backs. He’s going to party like it’s 1999!
If he sticks at 5, he’s probably taking Alt. I believe Tennessee is going OT too.

I really think one of the big three wideouts will be there at 9. That works for me.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Interesting, you would think WR3/4 or Bowers @ 10 would be an all in with Aaron move.
Yeah Bowers would be a great addition for them. They made some good additions to the OL but their tackles are in their early/mid 30's and have guys who have had health issues so they need to hope for good health and added Mike Williams to go with Garrett Wilson but Williams has also had heavy health issues so definitely could see them go WR or OL if not Bowers.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
they need to maximize protection and weapons for rodgers with the 10th pick...tyron smith hasnt played a full season in nearly ten years...
They have starters but like you said they have had health issues so they could try to get depth in the 3rd or they have two 4th rounders but no 2nd round pick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

After talking to some friends, I’m thinking LAC goes OT. Crazy as it sounds, Harbaugh may go for a ground and pound team. Watch him draft OT na da couple of big backs. He’s going to party like it’s 1999!
I could see someone taking one of Terrion Arnold or Quinyon Mitchell early.

AktionJackson

Liked Posts:
From nbcsports: Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz reports QB Michael Penix “had dinner with the Giants” after his Pro Day and later had a private workout with the Vikings.

In addition to meeting with the Giants and Vikings, Schultz said multiple sources have also shared that Penix will have top 30 visits with the Broncos, Falcons, Raiders, and Commanders. Penix impressed as Washington’s Pro Day last week, running a 40-yard dash in the 4.5 range while also performing well in the vertical jump and excelling in passing drills. It’s no surprise that multiple teams with picks outside of the top five are interested in Penix, who could prove to be the answer to their quarterback woes. While it would be a surprise to see him go as high as No. 2 to the Commanders, we shouldn’t rule out any of these other teams taking a shot on him if he falls to them.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Interesting, you would think WR3/4 or Bowers @ 10 would be an all in with Aaron move.
There are rumors out there about the Jets drafting a quarterback but you’d think they would be all in for their aging primadonna.

They didn’t acquire Reddick for down the road.

But it would be very funny if they did to Aaron what the Packers always did and not get him weapons.

But my guess is they will draft Bowers, which is what a lot of people are predicting