2024 NFL Draft discussion

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After the trade, they were getting hot. But we also had Jones and now we don’t.
I think they'll be very good, still. And if they get a good DE (at 9 or later) I think it'll really take off.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He will absolutely not fall to #9.
Considering Diva MHJ didnt run at the combine or Pro Day we dont know what is 40 is making Nabors potentially #1 WR.

MHJ had 10th fastest on field time this year at 22.2mph and had another time of 21.4mph . So MHJ doesnt need to run the 40 as teams have access to this data. By contrast for all the talk of Nabers speed he actually did not make the top 41 and didnt hit 21mph this year so more imperative he run the 40.

Note Xavier Worthy was No 1 at combine and number 1 in a game as he topped out at 22.7mph.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Kollman dropped a Latu video:

I like Latu a lot but a big part of that to me comes from the likelyhood that you can trade down and get a 2nd + Latu whereas you probably lose Verse doing that (and likely dont even have Turner at 9). Brett getting lazy and forgot to do a pro comp in this video, I see a lot of Trey Hendrickson in him - very similar builds, athletic profile, and play style.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Kollman dropped a Latu video:

I like Latu a lot but a big part of that to me comes from the likelyhood that you can trade down and get a 2nd + Latu whereas you probably lose Verse doing that (and likely dont even have Turner at 9). Brett getting lazy and forgot to do a pro comp in this video, I see a lot of Trey Hendrickson in him - very similar builds, athletic profile, and play style.
I think latu is the best of the top 3 edge guys day 1. I'm just worried how long he last past day 1 of his career

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I think latu is the best of the top 3 edge guys day 1. I'm just worried how long he last past day 1 of his career
Yeah and thats something we will never know as fans. I do take encouragement that he is going to the same neck surgeon that Danielle Hunter went to at 26 and he had a fantastic career after that, but i havent seen anywhere that confirms if they got the same surgery or if that even matters.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pure conjecture here....but I have a feeling the Bears are really only high on Verse and Latu at edge in the 1st. I love Turner & Robinson, but I don't think they're 3 point stance guys and are better fits for a 3-4. They're high hipped.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah and thats something we will never know as fans. I do take encouragement that he is going to the same neck surgeon that Danielle Hunter went to at 26 and he had a fantastic career after that, but i havent seen anywhere that confirms if they got the same surgery or if that even matters.
And even if it was the same surgery everyone heals differently so would still be hard to trust it.

I also have him as the best Pass rusher in this draft but at #9.........that would be tough for me. If we could get a good trade down that got us a nice return and took Latu in the late teens, early 20's then it would help me feel better about it.