2024 NFL Draft discussion

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Doesn’t he have WRs already? 2 number 1 receivers? Are we not adding more receivers this year with trading down to help with his “development” but hey…
Well I was referring to WR and OL but yeah, he has two WRs. Allen could be a really great get this offseason, but he also is old and not here for the long term as well as a possible injury concern.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Mike Tannenbaum posted his latest mock. He was a NFL GM. I think he’s kind of a douche but I definitely haven’t seen this before.

His picks for the Bears:

1. Caleb Williams
9. Marvin Harrison Jr.

From the link:

chi.png

1. Chicago Bears (via CAR)​

Caleb Williams, QB, USC

Williams has rare talent and playmaking ability, and the trade of Justin Fields to Pittsburgh clears the road for him to come to Chicago. With a supporting cast of Keenan Allen, Cole Kmet, DJ Moore, D'Andre Swift and Gerald Everett, Williams is set up for speedy development as a pro and quick success. The sacks (83 over three college seasons) and fumbles (16) are concerning, but I believe Williams' fundamentals in the pocket (climbing instead of escaping backwards) will improve. He averaged over 9 yards per pass attempt in each of his three college seasons (one at Oklahoma) and threw 93 TD passes.

chi.png

9. Chicago Bears

Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State

Chicago just traded for Keenan Allen and has a really solid set of playmakers, but how can you pass up Harrison at No. 9? He reminds me of Larry Fitzgerald -- he's excellent in contested catch situations, has great hands and gets in and out of his breaks smoothly despite being 6-foot-3 and 209 pounds. He just had his second straight season with 14 TDs and over 1,200 receiving yards (1,211). What better way to put Caleb Williams in a position to be successful than loading up his supporting cast?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Mike Tannenbaum posted his latest mock. He was a NFL GM. I think he’s kind of a douche but I definitely haven’t seen this before.

His picks for the Bears:

1. Caleb Williams
9. Marvin Harrison Jr.

From the link:

View attachment 36400

1. Chicago Bears (via CAR)​

Caleb Williams, QB, USC

Williams has rare talent and playmaking ability, and the trade of Justin Fields to Pittsburgh clears the road for him to come to Chicago. With a supporting cast of Keenan Allen, Cole Kmet, DJ Moore, D'Andre Swift and Gerald Everett, Williams is set up for speedy development as a pro and quick success. The sacks (83 over three college seasons) and fumbles (16) are concerning, but I believe Williams' fundamentals in the pocket (climbing instead of escaping backwards) will improve. He averaged over 9 yards per pass attempt in each of his three college seasons (one at Oklahoma) and threw 93 TD passes.

View attachment 36401

9. Chicago Bears

Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State

Chicago just traded for Keenan Allen and has a really solid set of playmakers, but how can you pass up Harrison at No. 9? He reminds me of Larry Fitzgerald -- he's excellent in contested catch situations, has great hands and gets in and out of his breaks smoothly despite being 6-foot-3 and 209 pounds. He just had his second straight season with 14 TDs and over 1,200 receiving yards (1,211). What better way to put Caleb Williams in a position to be successful than loading up his supporting cast?
Former Jets gm is as dumb as former Jets scout

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Bears - QB
Washington - QB
NE - QB

Do you think Maye or JJ are getting past the Giants at 6?
i think the top 3 qb's will be williams, daniels and then jjmc. If thats the order i think the giants pass on maye and select the best offensive weapon since they are devoid of talent on offense... i think maye will be on the board at 9 and the bears will be left with no top WR's to choose from and verse, bowers, CB or a trade down as their options...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Former Jets gm is as dumb as former Jets scout
It’s interesting that he has three OTs going top 10 with two before 9. Chargers and Titans have huge needs there.

Chargers also have huge holes at CB and WR. They are a real wildcard in this draft.

Also, he is right that Atlanta’s biggest need is edge. They don’t have anyone right now that’s even decent.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I wouldn't say DE2 is glaring need. If we didn't have Sweat, sure. Jones has been a decent LT, but you want ELITE LT. At the end of the day, like I said, I'd prefer to go OFF, but I wouldn't be upset at DE, especially if the top three WR are gone.
:jonesy:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
i think the top 3 qb's will be williams, daniels and then jjmc. If thats the order i think the giants pass on maye and select the best offensive weapon since they are devoid of talent on offense... i think maye will be on the board at 9 and the bears will be left with no top WR's to choose from and verse, bowers, CB or a trade down as their options...
Anything is possible, but I don’t see Maye dropping to 9. It would open up some interesting trade opportunities if he does.

Also, Daniel Jones absolutely sucks and their owner has already blessed taking a QB. I think they take one of the top 4 if any of them are there.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Vikings will trade up to get Maye. No way they have 2 1sts this year in order to sit idly.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Anything is possible, but I don’t see Maye dropping to 9. It would open up some interesting trade opportunities if he does.

Also, Daniel Jones absolutely sucks and their owner has already blessed taking a QB. I think they take one of the top 4 if any of them are there.
right but in that same article i think it was, he loves daniel jones and last season wasnt on him, poor oline, no weapons...it is somewhat true...i think they may target an elite offensive weapon and take someone like penix to develop since jones will still be on the roster.
Vikings will trade up to get Maye. No way they have 2 1sts this year in order to sit idly.
i think the vikes target jjmc or daniels...

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Is Drake Maye the 2024 version of Will Levis? Last year, Levis was widely projected to go top 10, some even said top 5. And he slipped to the Titans in the 2nd round.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
JJ making a move for 2nd. If something where to happen to the Bears taking CW, I think I would prefer the game manager in JJ over the other 2 qb's.
NFL Draft: Odds for Michigan QB J.J. McCarthy going 2nd overall have a curious shift

"Jayden Daniels had comfortably settled in as the favorite to go second overall in the NFL Draft. Then, suddenly, the odds had a very interesting turn.

The BetMGM odds for Michigan quarterback J.J. McCarthy going second overall had a noteworthy move early this week. McCarthy was +2500 to be the second pick on Monday, and by Tuesday morning he was +800. Then late Tuesday morning the odds moved again to +400."

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:

Ok, ok... IF MAYE is there at 9, I fully expect some team to want to jump up and grab him for picks... Hopefully, far enough back to require giving up a 2nd to do so. Raiders... Denver... I'd hate it, but yea the Vikings.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
DE2 is a glaring need.

But we're not fixing the pass rush in one offseason. So don't force it due to "need" if there's a great trade down available or an elite WR prospect.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Ok, ok... IF MAYE is there at 9, I fully expect some team to want to jump up and grab him for picks... Hopefully, far enough back to require giving up a 2nd to do so. Raiders... Denver... I'd hate it, but yea the Vikings.
If Maye drops, we should be aiming for 2 1sts.

Basically what we had to give up to trade up for Fields.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Maye drops, we should be aiming for 2 1sts.

Basically what we had to give up to trade up for Fields.
I hear you. Believe I was hearing about this sort of trade as value for pick vs. value of return for the pick. How deep in the first would require by value charts for the draft to match. Now, if a bidding war erupts between two teams like Raiders and Vikings... All bets could be off.

It is all speculation, who knows. Bears were surprised at the lack of interest in Fields apparently, so who knows.