2024 NFL Draft discussion

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I’m really liking Jermaine Burton late in the draft. But I think someone takes him earlier than expected. Dude has them big thighs that brings balance and hard to bring down. He has hands and makes contested catches and adjusts in the air. 4.43 speed but I think he plays a tad faster than that. Tends to get separation. He could be deadly with slant routes as a slot receiver, and can go deep. 798 yards from only 39 catches. Not shabby.

IMG_6208.jpeg

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Great, still and upgrade from last year.

Kinda…and probably. I’m not knocking the addition really, I’m just tired of having a sub-par C. That’s not to say bates, Coleman, or even a rookie couldn't emerge as the guy…but I pegged C as one on the biggest needs on the team at the end of the year, and so far, it hasn’t been addressed like it was a crucial need. There’s a bandaid on it right now.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Mike Florio is such a cunt. He’s a Viking fan and he’s been passive, aggressive about the Bears being in position to draft Williams for weeks.

This is from PFT today regarding Williams visit to Halas Hall:

“Via Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, Williams made his official visit to the Bears on Wednesday. Rapoport says that it will “likely” be Williams’s only visit.

This implies that Williams apparently won’t be trying to avoid the Bears and play elsewhere. Despite the fact that the Bears have a defensive head coach and an offensive coordinator who would parlay Williams’s success into a head-coaching job. Forcing Williams to get accustomed to a new offensive coordinator. And, possibly, so on and so on and so on as Williams thrives and offensive coordinators say, “See ya!”

Williams is in a tough spot. Even if he’d rather play for another team, how can he pull it off without becoming a pariah? Media and fans would clobber him if he dared to say he’d rather play for another team. If he plays for the Bears, he’ll need to hope it works out better for him than it did for their first-round pick from 2021, who was traded to the Steelers last month for a future sixth-round pick.”

BearDown88

Liked Posts:

This guy just had a visit. Poles loves that RAS
They seem to be looking at multiple late first round guys. Guyton, Worthy, Bowers, Chop Robinson off the top of my head. I don’t see them getting a late first round pick from anyone but Minnesota.

JJ falls to 9, they give us 11 and 23 for 9 and picks next year. Would they actually give up pick 23 to move up two spots? Or am I missing something here.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NFC is so overdue for a QB to dominate the conference.

Even with Rodgers and Brees, over the last 20 years the NFC has been represented by 18 different QBs in the Super Bowl. 16 guys who only made it once, and 2 guys that made it twice (Eli and Russ), with none more than that.

In contrast, the AFC in the last 20 seasons has only sent 6 different QBs to the Super Bowl, with 4 of them appearing at least 3x (Brady, Ben, Manning, and Mahomes), with only 2 guys just making it once (Burrow and Flacco).

This is also the first time a QB this hyped is going to the NFC since... ever? Mike Vick maybe? (he was so different than what came before that it was hard to project his success, but certainly was hyped). Aikman, Stafford, and Newton were locks for #1OA, but don't really get mentioned in the same conversations as Elway, Manning, Luck, Burrow, and Lawrence as prospects.
Don’t forget Sam Bradford. I recall he had quite a bit of hype way back when, not CW hype level but he’d definitely fall in that Stafford/Newton hype level.

Also, I don’t think Aikman was a lock for #1. I’m too young to remember the 1989 draft but I remember watching some documentary that the consensus #1 was Tony Mandarich and that the Cowboys made a big mistake taking Aikman.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They seem to be looking at multiple late first round guys. Guyton, Worthy, Bowers, Chop Robinson off the top of my head. I don’t see them getting a late first round pick from anyone but Minnesota.

JJ falls to 9, they give us 11 and 23 for 9 and picks next year. Would they actually give up pick 23 to move up two spots? Or am I missing something here.

What about some package with Arizona? They have a late 1st and early 2nd. Jacksonville for their 1st and 2nd has been mentioned. Cincy. Think they’re just doing their pre draft work. Minnesota giving up a 1st for two spots is probably too rich. They could get to a higher pick with that.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
RAS is useless

No one is saying it isn’t, but it’s also been pointed out before that most of Poles picks have a high RAS. (Which is just another way of saying he likes top athletes)

TL1961

Liked Posts:

If that were to happen (it won’t) the Bears would be looking to trade with someone jumping the Vikes to prevent the QB from going to MN.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
There is a mock draft up today by Bruce Feldman of The Athletic. He received input from college coaches and NFL execs.

Here’s the write up on Odunze.

“The 6-foot-3, 212-pound Odunze isn’t quite as fast as Nabers, but he is really explosive. The former track standout from Las Vegas clocked a 4.45 40 at the combine with a 1.52 10-yard split, a 39-inch vertical and a 4.03 shuttle time. His film is even more impressive than his workout numbers. Last season, he had 92 catches for 1,640 yards and 13 touchdowns. Everyone who has been around him comes away impressed. His ball skills are truly elite.

“His focus is awesome,” a former Washington assistant told The Athletic, adding that Odunze would come back to the sideline and could tell coaches exactly how many times the ball rotated before it got to him.

From the feedback I got from NFL folks and others who had been around him during the combine run-up, I came away thinking that Odunze is the other receiver alongside Harrison closest to being a can’t-miss prospect.

The Coaching Intel

“(He is) as good as we’ve faced (in two decades as a college coach). Unbelievable with the ball in the air. Fantastic hands. Very good route runner. Good size. Good competitor. He is as good at tracking the ball as I’ve ever seen. That 50-50 ball, he had to have been 85 percent or better at those.”

“He can play inside or outside and eat you up. He’s very polished and has a lot in his bag. He makes great adjustments and is very, very strong. He’s the alpha receiver who bullies guys whenever there’s a contested catch. I know people talked a lot about Marvin Harrison and we never played him, but if he’s better than this guy, man, that’s really saying something.”

Feldman has Odunze going to the NYG.

Here is the ninth pick.

“9. Chicago Bears: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU​

Chicago could upgrade at edge rusher with either UCLA’s Laiatu Latu or Florida State’s Jared Verse, but instead the Bears provide even more firepower for their top pick Williams.

Nabers is coming off of a fantastic showing at his pro day, in which he roared to a 4.35 40 and posted a 42-inch vertical and 10-9 broad jump. Nabers dominated last season, catching 89 passes for 1,569 yards and 14 TDs. Against Alabama, which had the best secondary in the nation, Nabers had 10 catches for 171 yards.

The Coaching Intel

“He can separate like nobody else. He has super speed and explosiveness. He’s got this big lower half and is so scary in the open field. He is elite with the ball in his hands.”

“He’s a f—— dawg, man.”

“Explosive, but a really good route runner. His ability to sink his hips and separate at the top of routes is elite.”

The top ten in the article are:

1. Williams
2. Daniels
3. Maye
4. Vikings trade up for JJ
5. MHJ
6. Odunze
7. Alt
8. Turner
9. Nabers
10. Bowers

Bruce Feldman's 2024 NFL mock draft: Sources dish on Penix, Maye, Alt and more

Last edited:

Dhipur

Liked Posts:
At #9… an OT or a DE or a DT will have far more impact than a WR3 or a TE3. Having said that it wouldn't hurt to get Rome Odunze or Bowers.

But my first choice would be Alt or Turner or Verse..

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He has the potential to be the best tackle in the draft and Oklahoma lineman seem to always hit in the NFL. Even Wanya Morris was productive last year for the Chiefs. Don't rule out the center from Oklahoma in the mid rounds.

At 9 seems too rich but would be a great trade down candidate.

Canth

Liked Posts:
There is a mock draft up today by Bruce Feldman of The Athletic. He received input from college coaches and NFL execs.

Here’s the write up on Odunze.

“The 6-foot-3, 212-pound Odunze isn’t quite as fast as Nabers, but he is really explosive. The former track standout from Las Vegas clocked a 4.45 40 at the combine with a 1.52 10-yard split, a 39-inch vertical and a 4.03 shuttle time. His film is even more impressive than his workout numbers. Last season, he had 92 catches for 1,640 yards and 13 touchdowns. Everyone who has been around him comes away impressed. His ball skills are truly elite.

“His focus is awesome,” a former Washington assistant told The Athletic, adding that Odunze would come back to the sideline and could tell coaches exactly how many times the ball rotated before it got to him.

From the feedback I got from NFL folks and others who had been around him during the combine run-up, I came away thinking that Odunze is the other receiver alongside Harrison closest to being a can’t-miss prospect.

The Coaching Intel

“(He is) as good as we’ve faced (in two decades as a college coach). Unbelievable with the ball in the air. Fantastic hands. Very good route runner. Good size. Good competitor. He is as good at tracking the ball as I’ve ever seen. That 50-50 ball, he had to have been 85 percent or better at those.”

“He can play inside or outside and eat you up. He’s very polished and has a lot in his bag. He makes great adjustments and is very, very strong. He’s the alpha receiver who bullies guys whenever there’s a contested catch. I know people talked a lot about Marvin Harrison and we never played him, but if he’s better than this guy, man, that’s really saying something.”

Feldman has Odunze going to the NYG.

Here is the ninth pick.

“9. Chicago Bears: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU​

Chicago could upgrade at edge rusher with either UCLA’s Laiatu Latu or Florida State’s Jared Verse, but instead the Bears provide even more firepower for their top pick Williams.

Nabers is coming off of a fantastic showing at his pro day, in which he roared to a 4.35 40 and posted a 42-inch vertical and 10-9 broad jump. Nabers dominated last season, catching 89 passes for 1,569 yards and 14 TDs. Against Alabama, which had the best secondary in the nation, Nabers had 10 catches for 171 yards.

The Coaching Intel

“He can separate like nobody else. He has super speed and explosiveness. He’s got this big lower half and is so scary in the open field. He is elite with the ball in his hands.”

“He’s a f—— dawg, man.”

“Explosive, but a really good route runner. His ability to sink his hips and separate at the top of routes is elite.”

The top ten in the article are:

1. Williams
2. Daniels
3. Maye
4. Vikings trade up for JJ
5. MHJ
6. Odunze
7. Alt
8. Turner
9. Nabers
10. Bowers

Bruce Feldman's 2024 NFL mock draft: Sources dish on Penix, Maye, Alt and more

I fully expecting Harbaugh to go OT at 5. Or trade down. I just don't see him prioritizing a WR in the top 5.

For the Bears at 9, I would like to see a WR if they stay at 9 or a trade down if they want to go defense.