4 Teams With Serious Interest in Khalil Mack

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Teams do it all the time in the draft but that is generally for QB’s of course. Eagles traded up 2 firsts (and maybe more?) for Carson Wentz and that seemed to work out well.

I wouldn't say "all the time". It's actually pretty infrequent.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say "all the time". It's actually pretty infrequent.

Really? It seems to happen every year for a QB or two. Last year we saw the bills move up for Allen. Year before we saw the Texans move up for Watson, chiefs for Mahomes. We saw trades of multiple first to move up for Wentz, did the rams move up for Goff? How about titans moving up for mariota.

It seems to be a trend that teams are moving up for a QB to the point that it’s lore common than not.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Question:

When's the last time a team traded two firsts and it worked out for the team trading away picks? Is there a historical precedence here?

Texans and Deshaun Watson.

Chiefs and Pat Mahomes (they hope)

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Question:

When's the last time a team traded two firsts and it worked out for the team trading away picks? Is there a historical precedence here?

It wasn’t a trade but when the Bears did not match the offer sheet for Wilbur Marshall, the Redskins gave the Bears two first round picks. Washington went on to win a Super Bowl with Marshall and he was the NFC Defensive Player of the Year in 1992.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Long time coming: Rams and Aaron Donald finalizing a record 6-year, $135 million, including $87 million guaranteed, per source. Richest defensive deal in NFL history.

Donald now tied to LA for next seven years. And he will be ready for Monday night opener vs. Raiders.

Can the Bears even afford Mack?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Long time coming: Rams and Aaron Donald finalizing a record 6-year, $135 million, including $87 million guaranteed, per source. Richest defensive deal in NFL history.

Donald now tied to LA for next seven years. And he will be ready for Monday night opener vs. Raiders.

Can the Bears even afford Mack?

Right around $22 mil per which is what we've been saying it would take to get Mack signed.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Browns have interest in Mack.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I was at a doctor's office this morning and there was a Milwaukee Journal there. The sports article talked about how friendly the Rodgers extension is and that the Packers actually gained some cap space this year with the deal. The article discussed how the Packers could afford Mack without making any moves. I pray Mack does not end up in GB.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
damn...how many passrushers do the Browns need?

You can never have too many pass rushers. Good ones are hard to find, let alone great ones like Mack.

Which is why I'm so bullish on trading for him.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Browns better get a SB if they sign Mack because they're going to be in a world of cap shit in 3-4 years.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Better them than us.

They would have to front load Mack's money if they're going to be able to pay Garrett, Mayfield and all the other 3,000 high draft picks they've had over the last couple of years. Don't see it. I wish Pace would get in the game, if he isn't already.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Just saw on nfl network the Raiders aren’t looking to trade. That and at least 2 first first rounds picks would have to be on the table to open a conversation.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just saw on nfl network the Raiders aren’t looking to trade. That and at least 2 first first rounds picks would have to be on the table to open a conversation.

That's what every team says. We said that when we tried to trade Cutler.