4 Teams With Serious Interest in Khalil Mack

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears fans - An All Pro is not worth 2 firsts. If the Raiders are willing to accept up and coming Kevin White and a 3rd, now we talking."

Whoah now. We arent giving up future hall of fame kevin white

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would do it in a heartbeat. There are not players like Mack in every draft.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Huh? You think you can sign Hicks, goldman, Amos, Beasely and Floyd for less than 22 mil? I think your a nut case. LOL, and your what iff'ing your self right out of the argument. You didn't get Beasely, or any player of his caliber in the first to date, Amos and Goldman could still be had as they were not first round picks, so what is your point exactly??

Never said that. I said you could sign Hicks, Goldman and Amos for about the same as the $22M that would cost Mack. The 2 first round picks could be used for players like Beasley (who I know we didn't draft - it was just a possibility at the time of drafting White) and Floyd. The 1st round players weren't counted to the $22M.

The point is that the value of Mack (his contract average of $20+M/year) plus the value of 2 potential 1st round picks, could (for some people) be less valuable than actually use the $20M for 2-3 good starters and 2 1st rounders.

Again, my initial point was simply that someone thought the only reason people wouldn't want to trade was purely for the risk. I was simply stating that value is also something to consider when making trades. My apologies if that confused you or wasn't worded properly, but you've yet to dispute that there's an inherent difference between risk and value and that not every decision is based solely on risk.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Are none of you assholes considering what this will do the mocks drafts for the next two years??? We won't have a normal mock until 2021!!!!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Are none of you assholes considering what this will do the mocks drafts for the next two years??? We won't have a normal mock until 2021!!!!

Get ready for the all day 3 Mock offseason.

I am the biggest mock draft fan here, but even I want to make the fucking playoffs before I die

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Bears fans - An All Pro is not worth 2 firsts. If the Raiders are willing to accept up and coming Kevin White and a 3rd, now we talking."

"up and coming Kevin White"

giphy.gif

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mack would make the Bears defense better. No question. That's not saying much though since anyone with a pulse at OLB would likely make the defense better too. Before the Bears are giving up 1st rounders for anyone, they need to see more from Trubisky first.

Actually, that is the best counter argument for giving up two firsts I have seen yet. if Trubs turns out to be a scrub, can't wait three years to draft his replacement.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Tbh this thread has thoroughly convinced me that trading 2 firsts for Khalil Mack is absolutely worth it.

Windy tearing it up

lurker

Liked Posts:
Actually, that is the best counter argument for giving up two firsts I have seen yet. if Trubs turns out to be a scrub, can't wait three years to draft his replacement.
Even if mitch is a bust he's getting this year and next year minimum to prove it. Then pace is fired anyway so...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never said that. I said you could sign Hicks, Goldman and Amos for about the same as the $22M that would cost Mack. The 2 first round picks could be used for players like Beasley (who I know we didn't draft - it was just a possibility at the time of drafting White) and Floyd. The 1st round players weren't counted to the $22M.

The point is that the value of Mack (his contract average of $20+M/year) plus the value of 2 potential 1st round picks, could (for some people) be less valuable than actually use the $20M for 2-3 good starters and 2 1st rounders.

Again, my initial point was simply that someone thought the only reason people wouldn't want to trade was purely for the risk. I was simply stating that value is also something to consider when making trades. My apologies if that confused you or wasn't worded properly, but you've yet to dispute that there's an inherent difference between risk and value and that not every decision is based solely on risk.

But your ignoring the fact that the first rounders still cost you 10 mil collectively, and are at best a 50/50 proposition to be 4 year starters, let alone DPOY caliber, so your math is still off.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

Tbh with Khalil Mack even with Trubisky playing at the level of Jay Cutler we'd probably have a favorable chance at the playoffs. Mack would really solidify the defense and with the backfield we have and the versatility we have on offense Trubisky really wouldn't need to be that good.

Now imagine if Trubisky turns out to be elite AND we get Mack?

Just fantasize about that for a second..

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Get ready for the all day 3 Mock offseason.

I am the biggest mock draft fan here, but even I want to make the fucking playoffs before I die

We all do.... and if the Bears did this they better make the playoffs this year or it's a huge fucking bust of a move.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We all do.... and if the Bears did this they better make the playoffs this year or it's a huge fucking bust of a move.

Why is that? You don't think if MT improved through the year, that if they were a contender next year, it would be a good move? will another player of mack's caliber be available next year?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

If they make this move and they have a losing season then it is a bust...but if they get 9 wins and miss the playoffs then I wouldn't see this as a bust because there was significant improvement

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If they make this move and they have a losing season then it is a bust...but if they get 10 wins and miss the playoffs then I wouldn't see this as a bust because there was significant improvement

Well yeah..... usually 10 wins gets you to the playoffs so that'd be a fluke occurrence to not make it if they won 10. But if this team goes 7-9 and has to wait till the 3rd round to pick then it's a terrible move.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Question:

When's the last time a team traded two firsts and it worked out for the team trading away picks? Is there a historical precedence here?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Question:

When's the last time a team traded two firsts and it worked out for the team trading away picks? Is there a historical precedence here?

It happens in the draft all the time, do they count?