4 Teams With Serious Interest in Khalil Mack

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Well yeah..... usually 10 wins gets you to the playoffs so that'd be a fluke occurrence to not make it if they won 10. But if this team goes 7-9 and has to wait till the 3rd round to pick then it's a terrible move.

I adjusted it to 9, after thinking about it more 10 wins will likely get you to playoffs and I still think 9 wins is a huge improvement from last year

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
But your ignoring the fact that the first rounders still cost you 10 mil collectively, and are at best a 50/50 proposition to be 4 year starters, let alone DPOY caliber, so your math is still off.

Sounds like an argument for trading two picks for Mack, if the salary is roughly equal to what they’d pay the two first round picks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The general consensus is it will take MT a year to get the system down, I think 2019 would be the make or break year for any Mack trade..Miller on his second year, Trubs on his third, and Mack with a season under his belt with Vic......

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Question:

When's the last time a team traded two firsts and it worked out for the team trading away picks? Is there a historical precedence here?

Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, and RG3 before the injury all come to mind.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like an argument for trading two picks for Mack, if the salary is roughly equal to what they’d pay the two first round picks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, that is not what I said either, two first rounders would cost you 5 mil each, 10 mil collectively.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Question:

When's the last time a team traded two firsts and it worked out for the team trading away picks? Is there a historical precedence here?

Jarred Allen to the vikings for two firsts. No they never won the super bowl but he rocked in that defense for years so I say they got their money’s worth

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Question:

Teams do it all the time in the draft but that is generally for QB’s of course. Eagles traded up 2 firsts (and maybe more?) for Carson Wentz and that seemed to work out well.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
It’s also important to note that most teams aren’t stupid enough to let a player with this type of value leave their organization. This would be the equivalent of getting JJ Watt 5 years ago. If you ask me if I’d take a younger JJ Watt for 2 first round picks I’d say yes in an instant.

Teams don’t just let these types of players go. There’s no precedence for this because it doesn’t happen.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It’s also important to note that most teams aren’t stupid enough to let a player with this type of value leave their organization. This would be the equivalent of getting JJ Watt 5 years ago. If you ask me if I’d take a younger JJ Watt for 2 first round picks I’d say yes in an instant.

Teams don’t just let these types of players go. There’s no precedence for this because it doesn’t happen.

Yep, unless there's a completely irreconcilable personal issue ala Cutler in Denver, it's highly unlikely. I think the Raiders will get something worked out.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well yeah..... usually 10 wins gets you to the playoffs so that'd be a fluke occurrence to not make it if they won 10. But if this team goes 7-9 and has to wait till the 3rd round to pick then it's a terrible move.

Not if they make the playoffs the following year. It is a one year deal.

Question:

Vikings with Jared Allen best example.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But your ignoring the fact that the first rounders still cost you 10 mil collectively, and are at best a 50/50 proposition to be 4 year starters, let alone DPOY caliber, so your math is still off.

Actually more than that because 1st round contracts fully guaranteed. If Smith busts he gets like 19 million unless he had a major incident that voids his contract. So 2 1st rounders get like 35 to 40 million with the risk they suck. It is just spread out over 4 years.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Yep, unless there's a completely irreconcilable personal issue ala Cutler in Denver, it's highly unlikely. I think the Raiders will get something worked out.

I think this is right...
Although it would be pretty thrilling to get Mack... it’s a nice dream

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Another question..... I have not watched a down of Raider ball over the last two years.... but looked up their D's stats and they've been #20 in points allowed both years. What's up with that? Do they have no one else on that D? I expected better.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Ill call Josh McDaniels right away

Bort

Liked Posts:
Jarred Allen to the vikings for two firsts. No they never won the super bowl but he rocked in that defense for years so I say they got their money’s worth

Jared Allen trade was a first and 2 thirds (and a swap of sixths), not 2 firsts.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Question:

It happens so rarely that you don't have a large enough sample size to really say anything.

There have only been 3 times in the past 20 years where a player has been traded for 2 first round picks: Keyshawn Johnson to Tampa, Joey Galloway to Dallas (LOL), and Jay Cutler to the Bears.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Another question..... I have not watched a down of Raider ball over the last two years.... but looked up their D's stats and they've been #20 in points allowed both years. What's up with that? Do they have no one else on that D? I expected better.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/oak/formation/4-3-defense

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/chi/formation/3-4-defense

Only guy I can see starting for the Bears for sure is Mack. And if you started him for the Bears then you probably take Floyd over Irvin and Lynch as the other OLB. Thus, the only other guy that would make the Bears lineup is perhaps Ellis over Bullard.

Having Hicks and Floyd on the strong side and Mack rushing from the blindside would make it very difficult for teams to roll out away from pressure and it would be coming from both sides.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I noticed we haven't traded for Mack yet.

Pace must be asleep again.