4 Teams With Serious Interest in Khalil Mack

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I disagree on that. Pace would fully be to blame/praise for the Watson-Trubisky debate. QB was his complete focus for this team, it didn't matter what other teams thought. And for that matter, Watson was drafted 12th overall, so you can't say team after team passed on him. It's not like he dropped to the 2nd or 3rd round.

Watson was obviously a top pick at the QB position, and Pace chose otherwise. That's on Pace, for good or bad.

And two first round picks were used on him. You don't use your first round pick and the next year's first round pick to move up for a QB you don't think will be great.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes we've been over the Peter King in the 49ers draft room many times on here but there is still no solid proof about if he would of been there at 3 and if another team would of traded to #2 to get him. Just a bunch of here say.

Thanks for more of nothing though.

No one said it wad solid proof. You were making it sound like the poster was being unreasonable with your keyboard comment which is disingenuous. It is reasonable to believe he would be available at 3 and it is reasonable to believe he woudn't. No need for you to be a dick about it but par for the course in your crusade on behalf of Pace.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Are the Bears a Super Bowl contender with Mack? Because if they're not, how does the team get there next year when they're missing their first 2 picks and have limited cap space?

That depends on Trubs. What Mack does is allow us to be a SB contender if Trubs is merely good where without him Trubs probably needs to be elite.

However if Trubs sucks then sure Mack likely doesn't matter as much but if Pace is worried about Trubs sucking then he made the wrong call in drafting him.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Matt Miller
@nfldraftscout
Following Following @nfldraftscout
Will Khalil Mack be traded?

I've talked to multiple NFL sources today and learned that at least 3 teams have made strong inquiries with the Raiders about a trade for Mack.

John Middlekauff
@JohnMiddlekauff
2m2 minutes ago
More John Middlekauff Retweeted Matt Miller
Heard about one team this morning that thinks they have a legit shot

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Matt Miller
@nfldraftscout
Following Following @nfldraftscout
Will Khalil Mack be traded?

I've talked to multiple NFL sources today and learned that at least 3 teams have made strong inquiries with the Raiders about a trade for Mack.

John Middlekauff
@JohnMiddlekauff
2m2 minutes ago
More John Middlekauff Retweeted Matt Miller
Heard about one team this morning that thinks they have a legit shot

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Matt Miller
‏@nfldraftscout
6m6 minutes ago
Just so I'm clear: This doesn't mean Mack will definitely be traded, but the Raiders are listening and in some cases even pursuing trade partners.

John Middlekauff
@JohnMiddlekauff
Will they trade him or not I have no clue, but don’t get it twisted - Gruden has been on the horn with teams the last couple days

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
And two first round picks were used on him. You don't use your first round pick and the next year's first round pick to move up for a QB you don't think will be great.

The Chiefs also used two first-rounders (and more) to get Mahomes.

34 GOAT

Liked Posts:
Yes we've been over the Peter King in the 49ers draft room many times on here but there is still no solid proof about if he would of been there at 3 and if another team would of traded to #2 to get him. Just a bunch of here say.

Thanks for more of nothing though.

Do you truly believe that there was a GM out there willing to move up to the second overall pick to get a possible one year wonder, with only 13 starts to his credit? You are right, there is no solid "evidence" to contradict you. There might have some GM other then Pace to make such a choice, but somehow I doubt it. Even if there were a GM willing to do that, you still had Watson still Available at 3, and you got to keep your draft picks.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I love how other teams, their fans and local writers are trying to figure how to make this work. Meanwhile, Bears fans are lamenting the cost and trying to argue about how risky this is.

Sometimes I think we deserve to be fans of a losing franchise.

But the Cap Space and draft picks?

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he'll be re-signed within a week or two of Donald's extension and the thousands if not tens of thousands of pages of arguments on the internet will all be for nothing.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But the Cap Space and draft picks?

Bears fans - An All Pro is not worth 2 firsts. If the Raiders are willing to accept up and coming Kevin White and a 3rd, now we talking."

34 GOAT

Liked Posts:
I think he'll be re-signed within a week or two of Donald's extension and the thousands if not tens of thousands of pages of arguments on the internet will all be for nothing.

Don't almost all internet arguments end that way?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Benjamin Allbright
‏@AllbrightNFL
14m14 minutes ago
The sense I get from some well placed conversations is that the #Raiders don't "want" to trade Khalil Mack, but it's slowly dawning that it may be what they consider the "best" option given all the factors.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Come on Pace, you've been at this for four years, now is the chance to make the biggest impact splash yet to put the defense over the top and get your new offense back on the field.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Observing the Mack situation

1. Idt any team has offered two first. Last time a team traded two first for a defenseman was jarred Allen. Vikings made out on the deal but it really doesn’t happen

2. Idt raiders want or going to trade him

That’s the vibes I’m getting