[A] 2012 Free Agent Frenzy

R K

I don't see the Hawks doing anything as they just need to stay competative to fill asses in the seats. Nothing today surprised me. Although I could see them throwing 5 mil at Broduer. I could see them making an offer to Suter but it was suggested today they weren't one of the teams in the mix.

Either way they have plenty of Cap Space if they want to make a splash which is what you said they didn't have. Just like they did at the TDL and didn't use it.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I don't see the Hawks doing anything as they just need to stay competative to fill asses in the seats. Nothing today surprised me. Although I could see them throwing 5 mil at Broduer. I could see them making an offer to Suter but it was suggested today they weren't one of the teams in the mix.

Either way they have plenty of Cap Space if they want to make a splash which is what you said they didn't have. Just like they did at the TDL and didn't use it.

I think sending a few of those skaters down wouldn't be beneficial for the team. I like what Bollig and Hayes can add to a 4th line and the fact Shaw is more than deserving of a spot on the 3rd line. Olsen I could see going back to Rockford, but you still are at 7 dmen unless you can get rid of Hammer.

I've been hearing over 8+ for Suter, I'm assuming Parise would get around 7.5 as well. It doesn't seem realistic for the cap space to be used on those guys when we are not really in need of a #1 D man and LW. While adding Parise would be great for our offense, I think finding a 2nd line center via trade would be much more beneficial, and would leave money to be spent else where.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
The thing is we have a ton of young assets that would be great to add to a trade for a high priority trade. If we can get a young 2nd line center who is proven why not trade McNeill, Beach, Morin, Pirri or Hayes brothers? Outside of Jimmy Hayes, none of the other prospects have shown they can play at the NHL. They are only as good as their potential, and if you have the opportunity to get that 2nd line center this team has been in need of for years, you might have to give up a guy who you are banking on their potential for a guy who has the proven play.

Trust me, I'm all for developing prospects, but we have a huge pipeline right now that won't be ready for another 1-3 years. We have a couple obvious needs that can get us back into the Finals. Kane and Toews have 3 more years, after that who knows where they will end up. If we can get that 2nd line center and have to give up McNeill, I'm all for it.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brookbank is a definite step in the right direction. I don't know why Klemmer is upset considering he's a guy who will help limit the shots on crawford.

He's the physical presence the Hawks have lacked the past few years on the back end and he came cheap. Quite happy with this signing. Hopefully we can add one more and get rid of Hammer while doing so.

Not so upset about what went down as compared to what didn't go down.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im just glad that the folding devils will retain fatso so I don't have to root against my favorite team!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh. Fuck all this waiting until some time on Monday shit, I'm going to get some ribs.

Mmmmmmm, ribs...

homer_drooling.gif

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The coin + terms that middling FAs got today were ABSURD. Worse than last year and this years class was even more anemic. I don't care how much the cap keeps going up some of these GMs are gonna regret doling out some of these deals until guys are 33.

I think the Hawks should do almost anything to get Suter---send anyone to Rockford or overseas if need be. Give him a sweet contract with term that has a withstandable cap hit. What's going on with Parise is insanity. And I thought the Kovalchuk drama was bad during it's time in the spotlight but sheesh this is taking the cake with Parise. The rumors about the deals offered to Parise sound like these buffoons woke up this morning and thought they were in a real-life game of Monopoly with play money to throw around. Good luck with that whole *thing* Wild or Flyers!

If the latest reports are to be believed and CHI's not on Suter's shortlist then I am all NEXT! Then fuck Suter. Move on. What can you do? I can't for the life of me understand why he'd want to go to a contending team in DET with a greatly diminshed D that contains all of Kronwall. Kronwall---that's it. Kronwall who he can't even fucking pair up with. Christ, do he and his agent have a lick of common sense here? Instead of coming to a contending team that at least right now has a better D in the Hawks. Who the fuck exactly does DET have that can at least help him shine in any way close to the way Weber did? They're insane for considering DET. Eh, as bad as I want Suter---and I want his cheesehead ass BAD it doesn't sound like there's anything we can offer him if he just doesn't want to come here.

At this juncture I am ready for trades which is what most of the players I wanted would have always involved since Suter was the pretty much the only FA I wanted and fangirled over like a strung-out crack ho. Let's get to tradin'! OTT doesn't need Hjalmarsson anymore so I can scratch Smith from the list. Fucking find a way to get Bernier and Gagner and be done with it. Then see what Carle wants on the FA tip after Suter does his thing.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I'm with you Books 100%

I'm already at the fuck Suter and fuck Parise stage. Neither of them are worth the rumoured salary and cap hits...not even close. People are acting like these 2 are fucking gods gifts to the earth. They are good players they aren't the fucking league. Two 12 million dollar signing bonuses for Parise? If Rocky doesn't want to go near that then I actually applaud him for it and I laugh at the owner who agrees to such nonsense.. Suter looking for a 12 year deal and rumours that it will be around 90-100 million through that (NO LIES)? Fuck him and his agents and fuck Parise and his agents and fuck these stupid owners who will dish this shit out.

This is all becoming a fucking endless joke. This entire cap system is a joke if players are getting two 12 million dollar signing bonuses which don't count towards the cap anyways and 12 year deals that will add up to 90 million dollars..90 FUCKING MILLION DOLLARS FOR SUTER.. A GUY WHO HASN'T WON SHIT...NOTHING...ZERO..NOT ONE TROPHY IN THE NHL...ONE WHO HASN'T PAID ANY DUES TO THIS LEAGUE. It's all a messy joke now.

40 year old Whitney getting 4.5 a year and two 500.000 signing bonuses today was the icing on the cake of fucked up contracts. 10 million bucks for the services of a 40 year old the next 2 years? Joke.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed with Books, the coin and term thrown at some mediocre players is crazy and I am glad the Hawks stayed away from it.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
You say this now...

Come regular season, people on this board will go "We should have signed such and such expensive guy." It will happen.... just watch.

MichaelJacksonPopcorn.gif

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
@JSportsnet

Confirmation of MBrodeur staying with NJD. 2 years, 9 Million.

R K

damn I wanted to see Grimson have a melt down!! 4.5 mil for two more years, thank God he's staying in NJ.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought the last lockout was held to help control costs.... These salaries are absurd and it's us that pays them.