Alfonso Soriano returns to New York Yankees

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Get rid of Sori now, if they can get Manny B for him I would be shocked.

Something tells me tho that the Cubs will make a late run at the WC and after trading Sori will have a problem with scoring runs, pointing fingers at Theoyer saying they just wanted to lose on purpose.

CHAMPS!!!

Well, trading away your whole team doesn't scream trying to win. At least not now, maybe in the future but that's TBD.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Again if it opens up playing time for Lake vs pushing out another platoon 100% behind it. They get Manny B. in return I would be pleased.

Again this is more of the buying prospects at low value points. Each one was concidered talented but suffered from some type of injury.

Olt vision, Vizcaino T.J. surgery. Both were talented. Not were suspect talents but healthy.

BTW new rankings up on MLB.com.

1: Baez
2. Olt
3. Almora
4. Soler
5. B.Jaxx
6. Vizcaino
7. Maples
8. Johnson
9. Villanueva
10. Edwards
11. Lake
12. Szczur
13. Vogelbach
14. Ha
15. Candelario
16. Vitters
17. Underwood
18. Blackburn
19. Amaya
20. Alcantara

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Get the you g guys up here and les see what some of them have.

Anyone blocking a young player should be dealt.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Again if it opens up playing time for Lake vs pushing out another platoon 100% behind it. They get Manny B. in return I would be pleased.

Again this is more of the buying prospects at low value points. Each one was concidered talented but suffered from some type of injury.

Olt vision, Vizcaino T.J. surgery. Both were talented. Not were suspect talents but healthy.

2. Olt
3. Almora
4. Soler
5. B.Jaxx
6. Vizcaino
7. Maples
8. Johnson
9. Villanueva
10. Edwards
11. Lake
12. Szczur
13. Vogelbach
14. Ha
15. Candelario
16. Vitters
17. Underwood
18. Blackburn
19. Amaya
20. Alcantara
How is B Jackson still rated fifth?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Originally Posted by patg006
Pretty much. I also expect Rizzo to have a tough couple of months with no protection behind him......I definitely wont be surprised if he dips toward a .200 average.

I'd rather keep Soriano; you still need offense, and though Lake has been really fuckin good; I'd deal Nate or DeJesus first......

I would run a line up like:

1. Lake CF
2. Dejesus LF/platoon with Sappelt
3. for now 3B platoon. I would push for Olt here.
4. Rizzo
5. Castro (has had success in the 5 hole in the past)
6. RF platoon of Schierholtz and Gillespie
7. Barney
8. Castillo

When Navarro plays plug him into the 3 hole.

What I could see taking shape is an OF of Lake, Sweeney and maybe Vitters if he continues with his current hitting. 5 for 11 1 HR. Was reactivated at the same time Lake was promoted. He has a plus arm also and can be an asset in LF. Strong enough arm to keep runners honest. Lake I would move to RF due to his athletic ability and shot gun arm. Sweeney just like him. Can hit. Some power. LH bat. Not afraid to hit the wall if needed. It is an passable OF until the talent up-wells. Good arms and some intangibles going on.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
NYY sources saying its close while Cubs saying its not even close. Hoyer did XM interview and said they havent even talked players or money yet. But We have heard Cubs brass lied before. 100% Garza starting for Cubs on MON. How that work out??

Chris J

Chris Jelinek
Liked Posts:
Mayo usually updates his prospects order sometime in August/

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I think hoyer gonna make sure with soriano first before he confirms any deal being dicussed or close.. dont want another deal killed by a player using their no trade rights. .

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think hoyer gonna make sure with soriano first before he confirms any deal being dicussed or close.. dont want another deal killed by a player using their no trade rights. .

Agree with this. I think deal farther along then what Hoyer leading on but doesnt want Dempster 2.0 saga to happen again this year with Sori

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Yankees, Cubs Have Talked Soriano
By Steve Adams [July 23 at 1:48pm CST]
1:48pm: In an interview with Mike Ferrin and Jim Duquette on MLB Network Radio (audio link), Cubs GM Jed Hoyer called reports of a deal being near "very premature." Hoyer adds that there is "nothing close at all."

The Cubs have discussed Soriano with multiple teams, and Hoyer and Epstein plan to fly to Arizona to speak with the outfielder in order to gauge his interest in the teams that have inquired about him.

that right there tells us that they have multiple offers for soriano and will spend tonight / tomm. talking to soriano and seeing where he wants to go..
i say we hear of a deal by Weds night / Thursday

czman

Liked Posts:
It would be nice to see lake in the OF for the rest of the season. Maybe Dejesus can go to left and Lake can stay in CF.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would be nice to see lake in the OF for the rest of the season. Maybe Dejesus can go to left and Lake can stay in CF.

I would prefer the opposite. The bad is coming out of Lake in center. No fault of his own just hasn't played barely anytime their in his life. I would much rather throw him in left and show off the cannon every now and then.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't want to start a new thread for this so put it here.

Jason Grilli is going on the 15 day DL, but it could be longer. He has forearm tightness which we all know can be the first sign of an elbow injury. Strike hot and fast Theo. Pirates are going for it this year. They may give up a little better prospect then normal for Gregg.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Didn't want to start a new thread for this so put it here.

Jason Grilli is going on the 15 day DL, but it could be longer. He has forearm tightness which we all know can be the first sign of an elbow injury. Strike hot and fast Theo. Pirates are going for it this year. They may give up a little better prospect then normal for Gregg.

27352841d1363349738-uk-toy-discussion-arnold-schwarzenegger-screaming-kindergarten-cop_480_poster.jpg

patg006

Liked Posts:

2. Olt
3. Almora
4. Soler
5. B.Jaxx
6. Vizcaino
7. Maples
8. Johnson
9. Villanueva
10. Edwards
11. Lake