Alfonso Soriano returns to New York Yankees

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
couple of reports that Deal is close today. Looks like they like to get deal done so they can activate DeJesus and still have spot for Lake

chibears55

Liked Posts:
couple of reports that Deal is close today. Looks like they like to get deal done so they can activate DeJesus and still have spot for Lake

agree.. i think it was just a matter of them going to Arizona and talking face to face to soriano to see if he was willing to waive rights to go to yankees
to avoid having what was done last year with dempster.

so glad this is the last no trade player they have to deal with...

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
agree.. i think it was just a matter of them going to Arizona and talking face to face to soriano to see if he was willing to waive rights to go to yankees
to avoid having what was done last year with dempster.

so glad this is the last no trade player they have to deal with...

Supposedly the Yankees are also looking at Justin Morneau and have made a seriously advance at the Twins.

http://www.yankees101.com/2013/07/2...n-morneau-alfonso-soriano-trade-still-likely/

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Could be nothing but a day off, but dejesus returns to line up tonight and soriano is sitting.

Lake is playing left and dejesus is in center..

sappelt was sent down to make room for dejesus..

possible hug watch in effect tonight (soriano )

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could be nothing but a day off, but dejesus returns to line up tonight and soriano is sitting.

Lake is playing left and dejesus is in center..

sappelt was sent down to make room for dejesus..

possible hug watch in effect tonight (soriano )

For Lakes own personal safety, it is better he is in left. He was about to kill himself in center. He has no idea where the wall is at.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
For Lakes own personal safety, it is better he is in left. He was about to kill himself in center. He has no idea where the wall is at.

lol agree.. not just the wall but castro too... be nice if he could just settle in Left every day for the final 2 months to see what he can do

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@GDubCubSori says Yankees on list of acceptable teams for trade that he gave Theo.

thats one thing they dont need to worry about.. now it as just a matter of agreeing to a deal

CSF77

Liked Posts:
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/07/alfonso-soriano-willing-to-join-yankees.html

Alfonso Soriano Willing To Join Yankees
By Zach Links [July 24, 2013 at 6:21pm CST]
Here's the latest on Alfonso Soriano and the potential deal sending him to the Bronx..

Soriano told reporters, including Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune (via Twitter), that he spoke with Cubs president Theo Epstein about the possibillity of being traded and while nothing is done yet, he sounds as though he's ready to move on and join the Yankees.
Of all the trade rumors that have been surrounding him, Soriano says that this one is the most real to him, tweets Gordon Wittenmyer of Chicago Sun-Times.
Soriano isn't sad about the idea of moving on, saying, "I'm 37. I want one more chance to go to the World Series," Sullivan tweets. He wants to finish his contract with the Cubs, but he also wants to win and knows that this team is a few years away from contending, tweets Carrie Muskat of MLB.com.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I felt a few years back that at the 2 year window that the opertunity for trading Sori would present itself. I believe the talk is about how much will be sent over more so then what is coming back. Yanks want to keep payroll reasonable next year but are facing a A-roid season long suspension. I can see the Yanks covering this year while the Cubs pay next and they get Manny B. in return. That way they have the option of cutting Sori next year and his hit against payroll while the Cubs flip the bill.

patg006

Liked Posts:
I felt a few years back that at the 2 year window that the opertunity for trading Sori would present itself. I believe the talk is about how much will be sent over more so then what is coming back. Yanks want to keep payroll reasonable next year but are facing a A-roid season long suspension. I can see the Yanks covering this year while the Cubs pay next and they get Manny B. in return. That way they have the option of cutting Sori next year and his hit against payroll while the Cubs flip the bill.

Yanks made it known they're dangling Phil Hughes for hitting. I wouldnt be surprised if Hughes for Sori and cash followed by a 1-2 year Hughes extension.

I hate Phil Hughes. Dont want to go near that trainwreck.

But I'd be lying if a 27 year old pitcher with flashes (and a fastball as erratic as diarrhea,) who will certainly come cheap is no prize to McThoyer.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
The veteran has agreed to a list of possible teams that he'll accept a trade to, tweets Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com.

id like to know who the other teams are and if they could get a better deal then what the yankees are offering..

i guess its possible hoyer calling those teams tonight to see if they have any interest and then it would fall back to the yanks if they get nothing.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yanks made it known they're dangling Phil Hughes for hitting. I wouldnt be surprised if Hughes for Sori and cash followed by a 1-2 year Hughes extension.

I hate Phil Hughes. Dont want to go near that trainwreck.

But I'd be lying if a 27 year old pitcher with flashes (and a fastball as erratic as diarrhea,) who will certainly come cheap is no prize to McThoyer.

I would take Hughes for Sori in heartbeat. I think if you get Hughes out of ALE and away from those short lines he be a good 3/4 SP

patg006

Liked Posts:
I would take Hughes for Sori in heartbeat. I think if you get Hughes out of ALE and away from those short lines he be a good 3/4 SP

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2013/6/13/4415464/phil-hughes-yankees-baseballs-own-jekyll-and-hyde

Why Phil Hughes frightens me. When he gets lazy or is off with his fastball, he gives up home runs and cant last past the 2nd inning. He gets lazy an awful lot with his fastball.....

Yanks talked to Twins about Hughes for Morneau last week, guess it fell through.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2013/6/13/4415464/phil-hughes-yankees-baseballs-own-jekyll-and-hyde

Why Phil Hughes frightens me. When he gets lazy or is off with his fastball, he gives up home runs and cant last past the 2nd inning. He gets lazy an awful lot with his fastball.....

Yanks talked to Twins about Hughes for Morneau last week, guess it fell through.

I have seen him give up some cheap ass shots down those lines in NY. I think only reason MIN wouldnt do that trade cause Hughes a FA to be and dont think they can afford him. I would think Cubs could get 2-3 yr deal done with him. I just think him going for ALE to NLC he be a nice surprise. I really like his stuff and think he fits in NL tons better then AL

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I would not want Hughes in return. Rather have a roll of the dice with a post TJ Manny B. LH starter is more valuable then a lack luster RH starter that is going into F/A. I would much rather stock pile up guys like Manny/Viz etc. high upside types that may rebound but they had a high level of talent. Then sign sure things via F/A like they have been doing. Eventually a few of the gambles will work. Hughes has been healty but he is just not that good.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would not want Hughes in return. Rather have a roll of the dice with a post TJ Manny B. LH starter is more valuable then a lack luster RH starter that is going into F/A. I would much rather stock pile up guys like Manny/Viz etc. high upside types that may rebound but they had a high level of talent. Then sign sure things via F/A like they have been doing. Eventually a few of the gambles will work. Hughes has been healty but he is just not that good.

Dont see NYY giving up a talent like Manny B for Sori. Cubs going to get 1 or 2 really young arms or guy like Hughes. I take a 27 y/o MLB with Hughes stuff over 2 big time maybe. I just like to see what Hughes can do in NL

patg006

Liked Posts:
Dont see NYY giving up a talent like Manny B for Sori. Cubs going to get 1 or 2 really young arms or guy like Hughes. I take a 27 y/o MLB with Hughes stuff over 2 big time maybe. I just like to see what Hughes can do in NL

I dont know if he would be better in the NLC exactly; right now it's stacked talentwise in the Central. Except for the brewers. Wow do they suck, and are going to be bottom feeders again very quickly. I think Braun is gonna get a lifetime ban before next season. Just a hunch.

Anyways; while you mentioned hes given up a few cheap home runs--he's also plain sucked like a Thai girl at a massage parlor. WHen he's on--he paints corners and does what you'd want him to--when he's off; cheap home run, 600 feet--a home run is a home run. A bad pitch taken yard is still a bad pitch, even if its half a foot longer than the wall.

However, as much to my dismay as I lament Phil Hughes--I can only imagine Theo and Jed stopping their passionate night to :fap: to a player like Hughes.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carrie Muskat ‏@CarrieMuskat 2m
Sori asked for couple days to think things over. Theo: "There won't be any official notification to the club until tmrw at the earliest."

Gordon Wittenmyer ‏@GDubCub 2m
Theo says Soriano was given 2-3 days to officially tell Cubs Yanks OK.

yea so i expect Sori not leaving with Cubs tomorrow night

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gordon Wittenmyer ‏@GDubCub 2m
Theo: "won't be an official notification to club until (thurs) at earliest" from Sori on decision to waive no trade for NNY.

Wouldnt you think Sori have idea what he want to do way before now?? He had to know Cubs be trying to trade him. Either say yes or no so people can move on

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Who know. Sounds like drama to me. But on Manny B. he has not been effective sense 2011. Yes at that time he was concidered the top LH prospect in baseball. When he hit AAA he went south then after he hit the 60 day with TJ. He is by no means a sure thing and may never get to his old talent level. But that is part of a gamble he might become a top tier talent again or he will not. Hughes is what he is and it is not better then what they have aquired. I would rather leave Rusin out there until Baker is given the green light. Baker is a better option then to resign than wasting payroll on Hughes or trading for another BP arm.