Donator
Liked Posts:
I will, however, become violent if the Cubs sign Michael Bourn :fist:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will, however, become violent if the Cubs sign Michael Bourn :fist:
I highly doubt the Cubs would sign Bourn, but I am unsure what my reaction would be. I guess it would depend on the deal he got.

Last edited:

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think I wrote something about the Soriano to Philles yesterday somewhere. The Cubs are not dumb enough to sign Bourn and like I've said in the past, I say he signs with the Rangers.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
If they trade Soriano for Dom Brown and sign Bourn I might become bipolar.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Cubs to acquire Brown for Soriano, Bourn would make even more less sense.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems much more likely that Bourn and agent are using the Cubs as leverage or something.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't seen or heard the Cubs linked to Bourn since the beginning of the off-season and besides the speculation of the reporters. They just did their due diligence, like every team does on every player.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't seen or heard the Cubs linked to Bourn since the beginning of the off-season and besides the speculation of the reporters. They just did their due diligence, like every team does on every player.

The Cubs aren't directly linked, but you know how players and their agents like to spin things.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah exaclty, that's why I wouldn't look into it too much.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Alfonso Soriano met with the media on Monday to address his status with the Chicago Cubs. Soriano said he would be open to a trade from the Cubs if they get off to a bad start. Soriano and his agent told the Cubs that there are six or seven teams he would accept a trade to. As Soriano has a no-trade cause and can veto a trade to any team.

Soriano also said he came to the Cubs t win a world series and it was not about the money. As you recall, Soriano signed a 8-year, 136 million with the Cubs six years ago. He still has 2 years, 36 million remaining on his contract. The Cubs did make the playoffs, but it didn't go as planned as the Cubs were swept in the 1st round in back-to-back years. Soriano also went onto say that he doesn't think he has much left in the tank after his current contract runs out.

Soriano would only accept a trade to the east division or the central division. But Soriano does not want to be traded to the west divsion. Soriano reportedly veto a trade to the San Francisco Giants last year. Since the Giants are on the west coast. It had to be hard looking back on the veto trade by Soriano as the Giants went on to win the world series.

Soriano may have also veto a trade to the Pittsburgh Pirates at some point, but that's unconfirmed and was never labled 'official'. The Pirates are obvious in the central division, but I think he veto the trade since the Pirates aren't close to winning it all any time soon.

I do expect Soriano to be traded this season to an AL club where he can play the OF and DH as well. Especially if the Cubs will pay majorty of the 36 million owe to him. Which the Cubs are willing to do if the reports are accurate.

Other note: The MRI on SP Matt Garza mid lat strain came back negative. Garza will be out a week and the Cubs will go from there. His start was also pushed back in the Cactus League.

http://www.chicitysports.com/2013/02/20/alfonso-soriano-would-welcome-trade-from-the-chicago-cubs/

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Today:

The Yankees would not give up a good prospect to acquire Alfonso Soriano, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports (on Twitter). Heyman suggests the Yankees would pay $10MM of the $36MM remaining on the left fielder's contract. Soriano has indicated he'd consider trades to a group of six or seven teams, including the Yankees.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Last year was kind of a fluky year given the prior seasons before hand.

2009-2011: 248/305/463 (768) 101 OPS+ while averaging 23 home runs.

We can get that from Viciedo and maybe Flowers. Yeah, the Cubs are going to likely eat a lot of money, but is it worth it to send them a prospect, who's value is still unknown at this point, for more of the same?

Yeah, Soriano may hit more bombs at USCF, but he may hit less due to better pitchers in the AL.

If the Cubs are moving outfielders, I would rather have DeJesus.Team needs more guys to get on base, considering Tank, FLowers, Ramirez, and Beckham all have sub .300 OBPs.

That is why it will be difficult to trade Soriano

Sent from MR Phone

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is why it will be difficult to trade Soriano

Sent from MR Phone

No the reason he will be difficult to deal is because Soriano can pick and choose where he goes. It is his right, but he has very specific demands on where to play which eliminate a lot of teams that would be interested in him.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
No the reason he will be difficult to deal is because Soriano can pick and choose where he goes. It is his right, but he has very specific demands on where to play which eliminate a lot of teams that would be interested in him.

That also goes hand in hand with the perception that Soriano had a fluke year last year.

Sent from MR Phone