All purpose Garza/Dempster trade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is why I think we need to target Turner from Detroit as he looks ready to join the rotation now or at least by September.
Which is also why it will be tough to pry Turner away from the Tigers. I agree though you start the conversation with Castellanos and then shift to Turner as the centerpiece. If you get either in a deal for Garza that is a pretty good haul.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Goldstein on 720-
Dempster: Dodgers wouldn't trade Zach Lee, but Gould is certainly in play. Seemed to think that the Cubs could get Gould and something else farther down on the list. Specifically referenced the Carlos Beltran deal, but said getting a top 50 prospect isn't an option.
Garza: Castellanos isn't in play from the Tigers even with something added to Garza. Yankees are ideal trade partner with high ceiling young kids in A and high A. Garza might get Gary Sanchez and Taylor Austin. Values for Banuloes and Betancres have dropped drastically in value due to injury and poor performance/mechanics respectively. Doesn't think the Cubs have interest in either.
Soriano-Thinks they can get something if the Cubs ate all the money. 85-90% contract pickup with a decent prospect back of the top 10 maybe.
Reed Johnson- Not going to get a lot, but specifically mention a lot of teams would be in.

Sox-Tough for them to play in the starters market due to not top prospects. Jared Mitchell and Trayce Thompson excite scouts and could intrigue teams.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
George Ofman:
Cubs have at least 2 deals on table for Dempster. One from Tigers including young lefty and from Dodgers for two pitching prospects.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tigers just placed Drew Smyly on the DL as well.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Smyly is DL'd and Turner is in the rotation, does that mean Turner is out of play for a Garza/Dempster trade return? Seems to me the Tigers wouldn't be willing to give him up when their rotation just took a hit, when they are trading to bolster said broken rotation.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Smyly is DL'd and Turner is in the rotation, does that mean Turner is out of play for a Garza/Dempster trade return? Seems to me the Tigers wouldn't be willing to give him up when their rotation just took a hit, when they are trading to bolster said broken rotation.

Yeah it seems likely that the Tigers are holding firm on not trading Castellanos and Turner at this point.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
1.86 ERA now, best in MLB, he will have actually legit return despite what some would insist. Not sky high, but not scrubs either.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Plenty of experts are predicting a nice return. Garrett Gould has been named specifically from the Dodgers by two specific sources as part of a Dempster return. He was a 3 star rating by Goldstein and a B by Sickels at the beginning of the year. I am anxious to see what the return is, and while the scoreless inning streak is fun I hope he continues it elsewhere.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Plenty of experts are predicting a nice return. Garrett Gould has been named specifically from the Dodgers by two specific sources as part of a Dempster return. He was a 3 star rating by Goldstein and a B by Sickels at the beginning of the year. I am anxious to see what the return is, and while the scoreless inning streak is fun I hope he continues it elsewhere.

This

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Buster Olney is writing what we all know in that the Cubs are going to push the Dempster talks next week in part to clear the decks (his phrase) for Garza talks later.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wish he would've gotten to get one more out yesterday :(

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting take from the other side that confirms a lot that we already know. We aren't going to get Zach Lee. The name Garrett Gould keeps popping up and a few interesting names as the secondary pieces. The thing that worries that me is that the article implies the Dodgers were willing to give up Gould for Carlos Lee. Am I wrong to expect better than the return for Carlos Lee for Dempster?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparently Billingsley was scratched from his start. Cubs might be lucking into the perfect time to deal Dempster.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Interesting take from the other side that confirms a lot that we already know. We aren't going to get Zach Lee. The name Garrett Gould keeps popping up and a few interesting names as the secondary pieces. The thing that worries that me is that the article implies the Dodgers were willing to give up Gould for Carlos Lee. Am I wrong to expect better than the return for Carlos Lee for Dempster?

No. and honestly, the returns shouldn't even be comparable. Dempster's not given up a run in 33 innings and has an ERA under 2. lol.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparently Billingsley was scratched from his start. Cubs might be lucking into the perfect time to deal Dempster.

I think, including the speculation that they'll deal Dempster to create a better market for Garza, this is one of those any-minute-now things and Twitter will blow up when it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.