All Things Theo/Ricketts

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
n
still dont change the fact that OVERALL DURING HENDRY TENURE THE SYSTEM WAS NOT ALL THAT GOOD

Maybe someone can help me understand this.

How is a system that during the time Hendry was running it developed Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, Carlos Zambrano, Carlos Marmol, Sean Marshall, Ryan Theriot, James Russell, Jeff Samardzija, Starlin Castro, Wellington Castillo, Geovany Soto, Arismendy Alcantara, Javier Baez and Dan Vogelbach while still having assets left over to trade for Kenny Lofton, Aramis Ramirez, Rich Harden, Matt Garza and Anthony Rizzo (not even counting Felix Pie, Angel Guzman and Corey Patterson who were seen as uber prospects who couldn't miss) was not all that good.

But now a small handful of prospects who have yet to even advance to AA ball are a guarantee of years and years of sustained success??

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This wasn't a thread topic when he wasn't leading the HR's from that time frame. We're not psychics. It's a topic now because he has lead the league since that date. That's why, now, it's a topic.
So, IOW, most every week of the season he flails at sliders bouncing a foot in front of homeplate and 2 feet outside, but now he's in a hot streak when nothing matters and the Cubs are long gone from the race and he's pure tits.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
So, IOW, most every week of the season he flails at sliders bouncing a foot in front of homeplate and 2 feet outside, but now he's in a hot streak when nothing matters and the Cubs are long gone from the race and he's pure tits.

No one is saying he is 'pure tits'.

People have factually pointed out how he and Garza are the main contributors to the best 17 game streak the Cubs have had all season long.

Sorry for pointing out quality play by players over 25 years old.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

People have factually pointed out how he and Garza are the main contributors to the best 17 game streak the Cubs have had all season long.
"The best 17 game streak the Cubs have had all season long"? At least he helped the team be sellers by waiting so long to lead the league in HRs. Next thing you know, you're going to post up that he was worth it, because he lead the team in 9th inning doubles in the month of August.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

This is literally the only decent thing you've said in your entire tenure on this website. Can you please refrain from smooching pickles and trying to smuggle flesh trumpets in your dumper 24/7 and post funny/relevant/not bullshit/insightful things so me and everyone else on this forum start hating you just a little less?

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
"The best 17 game streak the Cubs have had all season long"?

Well if you can find another stretch that the Cubs went 11-6 or better over 17 games I will be happy to listen to another part of the season that was better.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
This is literally the only decent thing you've said in your entire tenure on this website. Can you please refrain from smooching pickles and trying to smuggle flesh trumpets in your dumper 24/7 and post funny/relevant/not bullshit/insightful things so me and everyone else on this forum start hating you just a little less?

Thanks for furthering the baseball discussion by avoiding personal attacks.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Well if you can find another stretch that the Cubs went 11-6 or better over 17 games I will be happy to listen to another part of the season that was better.
The question was rhetorical.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Thanks for furthering the baseball discussion by avoiding personal attacks.

You're most certainly welcome, you needle-dicked puke stocking <3 ;)

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Maybe someone can help me understand this.

How is a system that during the time Hendry was running it developed Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, Carlos Zambrano, Carlos Marmol, Sean Marshall, Ryan Theriot, James Russell, Jeff Samardzija, Starlin Castro, Wellington Castillo, Geovany Soto, Arismendy Alcantara, Javier Baez and Dan Vogelbach while still having assets left over to trade for Kenny Lofton, Aramis Ramirez, Rich Harden, Matt Garza and Anthony Rizzo (not even counting Felix Pie, Angel Guzman and Corey Patterson who were seen as uber prospects who couldn't miss) was not all that good.

But now a small handful of prospects who have yet to even advance to AA ball are a guarantee of years and years of sustained success??

Didn't think so.

Exactly what I thought.

Heck I even forgot D. Lee on the list.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Didn't think so.

Exactly what I thought.

Heck I even forgot D. Lee on the list.

I suppose part of it could be chalked up to the fact that Hendry had 11 years...and Theo's had 1.5 years. You did a good job of naming players though. :eek:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Why give this guy carte blanche as a fan? Did he do this exact thing in Boston? Nope. Most of the pieces that won the first WS for them were there before he got the job. There is no guarantee that waiting for some farm system wave to crash Wrigley in 2015 is going to work.

patg006

Liked Posts:
LMAO..ok well we agree then.. i think ??? :shrug:

My perception of your expectations was that Hendry was bad because he never had the farm Theo is building now and that 'shot him in the foot.'

Dont believe that. Hendry's major league teams (plus KB's and my examples) were infinitely more talented, not needing a complete change in plan.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My perception of your expectations was that Hendry was bad because he never had the farm Theo is building now and that 'shot him in the foot.'

Dont believe that. Hendry's major league teams (plus KB's and my examples) were infinitely more talented, not needing a complete change in plan.

Except when his plan sucked and he lost his job as a result.

patg006

Liked Posts:
Except when his plan sucked and he lost his job as a result.

He lost his job because he took a bad gamble with Milton Bradley and then the 'window of opportunity' shut. This happens every couple years to contenders.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Again, more stupendous analysis. More pieces were in place in Boston than in Chicago?? Gee...ya think?

Ironic/Typcial that one schlep downgrades Epstein because Hendry had an excellent farm system, then another schlep comes in and downgrades Epstein because Hendry didn't leave Epstein with the pieces that Epstein had in Boston.

Great stuff.
Good thing KB and I are schleps and you aren't banned for the personal attacks and poor trolling attempt.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He lost his job because he took a bad gamble with Milton Bradley and then the 'window of opportunity' shut. This happens every couple years to contenders.

Yeah good call. Hendry made one bad move in his entire tenure and it cost him his job.

Tremendous beisbol though.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah good call. Hendry made one bad move in his entire tenure and it cost him his job.

Tremendous beisbol though.
If he only "made one bad move in his entire tenure" he would still have his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.