CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Thats what you took from my post...not the fact that one person is criticizing Epstein for not building off the alleged full cupboard that Hendry left him, and that literally 3 posts later another poster (you) criticizes Epstein for being credited in Boston when all the pieces were in place for him...but that you thought my post was a personal attack?

Is my Little League career still in question here?
Just more trolling with gross misreprentations of people's postings. Your schtick is tiresome.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
How tiresome could it possibly be? I hardly ever post here. Perhaps you are suffering from anemia? The appropriately-numbered Post #69 in this thread suggests this as well.
It's not my problem that your best friend misunderstood what I posted.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now that this forum has gone to hell, whenever I build up the fortitude/patience to post in a thread it seems that I am somehow missing out on entire pages of threads. Patq006 makes comparative references to nothing, then when I ask for clarification I get no response. KBIB makes constant third-person references to his baseball content posts, yet I can find none of these. Parade_Rain's posts have him involved in conversations seemingly with himself...am I missing huge amounts of posts in this forum for some reason?
I feel like I'm in some sort of Phillip K Dick novel where I can see certain posts yet there is another dimension with a forum operating on the same plane as me but I can't see all the posts being made there yet KB etc can and are responding to them.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
:obama:

WUT?!?!?!

Are you really this dense or just hungover?
No, bud. You need to learn how to read. I was agreeing with you originally, but now that you've called me a "dumbass" in negative feedback (really coy way of trying to hide your personal attack) I won't be following your involvement in the thread any longer.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, bud. You need to learn how to read. I was agreeing with you originally, but now that you've called me a "dumbass" in negative feedback (really coy way of trying to hide your personal attack) I won't be following your involvement in the thread any longer.

I'm not really trying to be coy by calling you a dumbass in a dislike rep comment. Being coy would be me alluding to your lack of mental aptitude in this thread without outwardly flaming.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
I suppose part of it could be chalked up to the fact that Hendry had 11 years...and Theo's had 1.5 years. You did a good job of naming players though. :eek:

Clearly you missed the point, as usual.

The point was that people already think in the 1.5 years and 2 offseasons that there are already enough pieces added to the system to provide the long term sustained success even though none of the pieces have even advanced past AA.

And yet the farm system under Hendry which produced multiple all stars was not very good.

There has been a whole lot of name calling, claims of a lack of baseball discussion and yet no one has yet to give an actual answer to my baseball question.

At least X-factor mentioned baseball in his response.

Last edited:

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clearly you missed the point, as usual.

The point was that people already think in the 1.5 years and 2 offseasons that there are already enough pieces added to the system to provide the long term sustained success even though none of the pieces have even advanced past AA.

Evaluating a trend =/= drawing conclusions.

Difficult distinction for you to make I'm sure.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe someone can help me understand this.

How is a system that during the time Hendry was running it developed Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, Carlos Zambrano, Carlos Marmol, Sean Marshall, Ryan Theriot, James Russell, Jeff Samardzija, Starlin Castro, Wellington Castillo, Geovany Soto, Arismendy Alcantara, Javier Baez and Dan Vogelbach while still having assets left over to trade for Kenny Lofton, Aramis Ramirez, Rich Harden, Matt Garza and Anthony Rizzo (not even counting Felix Pie, Angel Guzman and Corey Patterson who were seen as uber prospects who couldn't miss) was not all that good.

But now a small handful of prospects who have yet to even advance to AA ball are a guarantee of years and years of sustained success??
Giving Hendry credit for lottery tickets I see?

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe someone can help me understand this.

How is a system that during the time Hendry was running it developed Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, Carlos Zambrano, Carlos Marmol, Sean Marshall, Ryan Theriot, James Russell, Jeff Samardzija, Starlin Castro, Wellington Castillo, Geovany Soto, Arismendy Alcantara, Javier Baez and Dan Vogelbach while still having assets left over to trade for Kenny Lofton, Aramis Ramirez, Rich Harden, Matt Garza and Anthony Rizzo (not even counting Felix Pie, Angel Guzman and Corey Patterson who were seen as uber prospects who couldn't miss) was not all that good.

But now a small handful of prospects who have yet to even advance to AA ball are a guarantee of years and years of sustained success??
Because relative to the rest of baseball..it wasn't. Hence part of the reason why Hendry lost his job.

I love how your list basically reads: Blew up arm retired, blew up arm retired, out of baseball,in the Phillies minor leagues, DFA'd, failed starter turned reliever not on team, out of baseball, middle reliever, Jeff Samardzija, regressing SS, non descript AAAA catcher, failed catcher hitting less than .200(again), then some lottery tickets.

WOW!

What a system for a decade.

I love the reference to the garbage the Cubs gave up to acquire Aramis Ramirez/Lofton in Matt Bruback, Jose Hernandez, and Bobby Hill. WOW!

I don't think anyone said the Cubs never had anyone worth a shit in the minors but the depth was never really there and for the most part under Hendry it wasn't good. You could point to 1 or 2 "top" guys in the system a season but every team can do that. Anytime the system seemed to build depth(prior to the Garza deal..and even then it wasn't all that great) a trade pretty much killed it off to nothing.

And who exactly is guaranteeing anything in this thread? Please cite posts.

Last edited:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sifting through this avalanche of feces has got to be on par with shoving a bamboo chute up your urethra. The level of ineptitude on display by some posters is absolutely mind-blowing.

tumblr_ltp8zdgmY31qdnwiro1_500.gif

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait...whats this? Someone actually adding insight to their post instead of a rote listing of names?

And you mean to tell me that the Aramis Ramirez trade wasn't dependent on the Pirates' short-sightedness and willingness to trade Ramirez for garbage, but was instead yet another reflection of the awesome Cubs farm system under Hendry? Hendry's greatness was due to his ability to have Bobby Hill STILL AVAILABLE AS TRADEBAIT after assembling yet another talent-laden Cubs squad?

Truly incredible.

I remember the Matt Bruback hype as though it was yesterday.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
For the fourth time what people already think "in the 1.5 years and 2 offseasons that there are already enough pieces added to the system to provide the long term sustained success"? Why don't you just cite the specific posts?

Hendry's farm system wasn't very good. Haven't seen anything posted by you to change my opinion. You citing Bobby Hill or Patq006 citing Michael Wuertz doesn't really do it for me. Sorry.

What do you mean? Bobby Hill is one of my favorite cartoon characters.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Because relative to the rest of baseball..it wasn't. Hence part of the reason why Hendry lost his job.

And yet somehow in the early to mid 2000's the Cubs system was considered one of the best in baseball.

Doesn't fit your agenda though or you were too young to remember.

I love how your list basically reads: Blew up arm retired, blew up arm retired, out of baseball,in the Phillies minor leagues, DFA'd, failed starter turned reliever not on team, out of baseball, middle reliever, Jeff Samardzija, regressing SS, non descript AAAA catcher, failed catcher hitting less than .200(again), then some lottery tickets.

WOW!

Actually my list reads: Rookie of the Year and two time All Star who ranks third in franchise history in K's, An AS and top 3 Cy Young finalist before freak injuries struck, Three time AS and three time top 5 Cy Young finalist while top 10 in team WAR for pitchers and 2nd in franchise history in K's and 8th in franchise history in starts, starter turned into elite LH setup man, and so and so on.

But you choose the less accurate, trollish analysis.
I love the reference to the garbage the Cubs gave up to acquire Aramis Ramirez/Lofton in Matt Bruback, Jose Hernandez, and Bobby Hill. WOW!

Bobby Hill was most definitely a highly rated prospect at the time of the trade.

Always interesting how the trolls try to minimize the trade for Ramirez as saying it was just a salary dump while completely ignoring the fact that none of the other teams in the league were able to take advantage of the situation. Just the Cubs were.

I don't think anyone said the Cubs never had anyone worth a shit in the minors but the depth was never really there and for the most part under Hendry it wasn't good. You could point to 1 or 2 "top" guys in the system a season but every team can do that. Anytime the system seemed to build depth(prior to the Garza deal..and even then it wasn't all that great) a trade pretty much killed it off to nothing.

Actually people have, but that doesn't it your agenda.

And of those trades that supposedly killed off the depth of the system, which one of those prospects ever turned into anything special??

Dontrelle Willis?? He acheived less than Wood or even Prior who you managed to attempt to minimize their careers to blew up arm and retired.

And who exactly is guaranteeing anything in this thread? Please cite posts.

No one has guaranteed anything in this specific thread.

But if you don't think that the general consensus of the Cub fan base and posters on this board is that the farm system will shortly be pumping out All Star after All Star either you are not paying attention or just being your trollish self.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Sifting through this avalanche of feces has got to be on par with shoving a bamboo chute up your urethra. The level of ineptitude on display by some posters is absolutely mind-blowing.

tumblr_ltp8zdgmY31qdnwiro1_500.gif
Be bold. Tell us who the "some posters" are.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not really trying to be coy by calling you a dumbass in a dislike rep comment. Being coy would be me alluding to your lack of mental aptitude in this thread without outwardly flaming.
So, IOW, you readily admit that you got personal. Nice job. I'm sure the mods will do nothing about it either. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.