Votes: 83 66.9%
  • KEVIN WHITE

Votes: 35 28.2%
  • LA'EL COLLINS or Someone Else

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Im out for now. I like Cooper but for a receiver who is 6-1 and lacks in vertical is a problem.

Tim Jennings 37 inches and Fuller 38 1/2 to give you a example on our corners.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Also FYI Coopers vertical was 34 at his pro day :woot:

And his broad Jump was only 2 inches shorter than whites.

Evobear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't burn my Dick Butkus jock strap if we drafted Cooper @7

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Cooper is the better reciever. Just watch his route running and you can see someone that knows how to get open by understanding the fundamentals of his position. What makes this important is if you think of the 4th quarter where he's a little banged up and his 4.4 is actually more like a 4.7 and he'll still be able to get open.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
jerry rice had a vertical of 32 inches. this is an asinine thread. one guy arguing that cooper isn't going to be good because of his vertical.

and for the record cooper actually ran the exact same 40(maybe even slightly faster) then white:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw6rhfkixDQ

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cooper is the better reciever. Just watch his route running and you can see someone that knows how to get open by understanding the fundamentals of his position. What makes this important is if you think of the 4th quarter where he's a little banged up and his 4.4 is actually more like a 4.7 and he'll still be able to get open.

Cooper is not exactly a China doll. One of the reasons people like him is that he has a decent build and is not lanky thin.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
03/23/2015 - Video created the confusion, a simulcam that showed Amari Cooper and Kevin White running their 40-yard dashes from the NFL Scouting Combine at the same time. While Alabama's Cooper and West Virginia's White were neck and neck throughout the run, White's time (4.35) was significantly faster than the one released for Cooper (4.42). A report Sunday cleared up the confusion. NFL teams were informed that the time released for Cooper was incorrect and that the former Alabama wide receiver's actual time was between 4.35 and 4.38 seconds, according to Yahoo!. "I feel like on the video, my top end speed, you saw I was catching [White]," Cooper said at Alabama's Pro Day earlier this month. "So I felt like if we would have run 60 yards, I think my top end speed was a little greater." - Matt Zenitz, AL.com

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Cooper is not exactly a China doll. One of the reasons people like him is that he has a decent build and is not lanky thin.

I don't think I ever said/implied that he's a China doll. IMO he's a well built athlete. 6'1, 211 is a very good size where he's bigger than most corners, but still quick enough to get in and out of his breaks.

What I was saying about the 4.4 turning into a 4.7 was that throughout a game things happen to reduce that speed. Could be a charlie horse, nagging hammy, tweeked ankle, etc... Either way that 4.4 no-pad combine speed isn't what he's running in the 4th quarter of most games. Where Cooper gets stronger is that he's a good route runner. He relies on his route running fundamentals rather than his athletic ability to get open, which means when he's forced to be a bit slower he's still effective.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
03/23/2015 - Video created the confusion, a simulcam that showed Amari Cooper and Kevin White running their 40-yard dashes from the NFL Scouting Combine at the same time. While Alabama's Cooper and West Virginia's White were neck and neck throughout the run, White's time (4.35) was significantly faster than the one released for Cooper (4.42). A report Sunday cleared up the confusion. NFL teams were informed that the time released for Cooper was incorrect and that the former Alabama wide receiver's actual time was between 4.35 and 4.38 seconds, according to Yahoo!. "I feel like on the video, my top end speed, you saw I was catching [White]," Cooper said at Alabama's Pro Day earlier this month. "So I felt like if we would have run 60 yards, I think my top end speed was a little greater." - Matt Zenitz, AL.com

The funniest part of this report is that 0.07 of a second is considered 'significantly faster'. That's the difference between a gust fo wind blowing through Lucus Oil mid run.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:

Wait.. So Cooper does have elite speed and agility :X

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He aint seperating on the NFL level like that. Unless he runs slot receiver and i doubt he is. Odds are against a 6-1 receiver who cant jump. If Cooper was explosive he would be returning kicks also.

Let me guess ... you voted for White.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
No but the obvious is the obvious. Cooper isnt tall and cant jump for shit. So he needs to be a shifty receiver like a slot guy and he isnt gonna be mistaken for a Welker. He can be a Brown, Becham or Watkins but damn those guys are explosive to where they can double up on kicks and be a pro bowler returner.

I agree completely,

Signed

Jerry Rice

Liked Posts:
Ok it took Brown years to develop.

So we wait for a top 10 pick receiver to develop and with that said Brown is explosive. He returned kicks and punts.

This is where you are wrong. Just because he wasn't elite right out of the gate doesn't mean he wasn't a really good receiver. No one is saying Cooper has to be elite right off the bat. Not many are. Measurables are great, but that's not all the game is about. Cooper is much faster than you give him credit for as well.

Liked Posts:
He aint seperating on the NFL level like that. Unless he runs slot receiver and i doubt he is. Odds are against a 6-1 receiver who cant jump. If Cooper was explosive he would be returning kicks also.

He did run kicks back in college. Not all the time, but he did do it. Not many #1s do that which is exactly what he was.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Beckham will be the best

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
This is where you are wrong. Just because he wasn't elite right out of the gate doesn't mean he wasn't a really good receiver. No one is saying Cooper has to be elite right off the bat. Not many are. Measurables are great, but that's not all the game is about. Cooper is much faster than you give him credit for as well.

Exactly, Brown was a 1k receiver his 2nd season.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Gase is also know as one of the better coordinators when it comes to creating mismatches so that would only help a young player.

Cooper is the better receiver hands down.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Beckham will be the best

I dunno if he'll be the best but I'd most definitely rather see Pace take the best defensive player on the board at #7 and hold off and address the WR position later with a guy like Beckham.